Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You know you're a TS3 addict when...

Comments

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    I think this somehow has to be related to the practice of going around telling everyone in stores that all of their sims proudly own toiler paper holders... :)

:lol: Little braggarts
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    When you have a dream about building a house like a WWE ring.
    :) Smile!

• MKSizzleMKSizzle Posts: 557 Member
    When your sims family is your background picture on your phone.
    The Palmer Legacy -- Generation 1

It all started with Zack & Blair....

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    ...when you build an entire building over three days just to take a few pictures for your story. :open_mouth:
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    ...when you build an entire building over three days just to take a few pictures for your story. :open_mouth:

^Done that! :mrgreen:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »

Yeah, same :smile: Only that I spent a few hours on one picture that wasn't even part of my active game :lol: [I wanted to create a picture of a national ceremony for my country's independence day, so finding the right poses, CC objects, the background, the outfits... But those few minutes of screenshots were so worth it for me :smiley: ]
  • ChristinaluvsChristinaluvs Posts: 20 Member
    > @bekkasan said:
    > ...when you build an entire building over three days just to take a few pictures for your story. :open_mouth:

Relatable :#
  • DeadManHBKDeadManHBK Posts: 117 Member
    When someone you know forgets what they were going to do/say, and your immediate response to them is, "God just deleted an action." lmao
    500c175dfecfd4bfdb430b6ae61d85abc33cef98_hq.gif

A n a l Na t h r a c h D o c h e'l D e'n m h a
    A n a l Na t h r a c h T i e r a N a t r a c h...
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    ...you can't stop making babies. I think this is pretty much with every series, but I like the surprise of seeing my female/male sims having the nauseous moodlet and then later on finding out that they're pregnant and whether or not they want a boy/girl. It's also pretty fun when you're partnered with someone who's anti-children or has a nasty trait, so whenever you give them the opposite interaction to said trait, they'll freak out and cause destruction.
    What I really like (because maybe it's just me, but) is the fun and creative side to owning a child. You can decorate their room/playroom to however you want, your interactions with them are completely adorable. Ex: teaching them to potty, attack of the claw, reacting to their cries or how they're playing with their toys, stuff like that. But the best part about them is their growth! I love the starter stages from pre-infant to, I wanna say, teenager. After that, it's pretty norms.
  • ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    Last night I dreamt I was a realtor trying to sell a house I built on The Sims to a real couple, and then later had to explain to them that only their Sims could live in it. So that's probably something.
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    ... when you haven't properly played in ages, and you've barely even launched the game, and then only to test stuff
    and you read that someone can't get Dragon Valley to install properly, despite your suggestions
    so you figure you'll install DV and make sure it works, just to be thorough
    but you've never actually played in DV, and you really should confirm that the dragons! premium content is working too
    so you load a premade family and plop a few eggs down, just to see
    and of course you have to hatch them too, and make sure they have all their interactions and aren't glitching out or anything

... and then it's three hours later, and you have all these plans for that premade family you essentially picked at random, plus a horde of adorable baby dragons that you couldn't possibly abandon, and you're itching to go back

and all this despite the fact that you were playing the entire time on a Mac

In other words, you know you're an addict when you realize you're never going to beat your addiction, no matter how long you manage to stay clean.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    When you rediscover CASt, open world and detailed animations that changed your whole teenage years after a long time without playing Sims 3 (and it still look absolutely gorgeous) kkkk too much? :p
  • Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    @Flap yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
    When you create your house in the sims. Then your grandfather's house. Then your sister's house.

Then you watch a youtube video about some local celebrity house and the first thing you think: I should do this house in the sims. I have similar Cc items for that.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Oh man, I do that. Last time I was out and saw some lovely RL homes, I had my son take pictures with his phone so I could build them later in the Sims!
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    > @bekkasan said:
    > ...when you build an entire building over three days just to take a few pictures for your story. :open_mouth:

Relatable :#

VERY relatable!
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited May 2020
    When you create your house in the sims. Then your grandfather's house. Then your sister's house.

Then you watch a youtube video about some local celebrity house and the first thing you think: I should do this house in the sims. I have similar Cc items for that.

OMG I've been trying to recreate my own house in TS3 myself too! Unfortunately for me, I have to figure out how to make it the right size as it's kind of small and I'm also hoping to, while making it basically the same layout, decorate it to my own style. Plus I have to work with the fact I have a tiny hallway and a tiny kitchen and a tiny bathroom. LOL.

I'm also considering building my "dream house". I drew plans for it at one point. It's a massive one story however because my fam is tired of going up and down stairs and therefore because of the amount of extra rooms (movie theater, library, hobby room, arcade/gaming room) will have to make it two stories, maybe three. Picturing a indoor pool and a outdoor lake with.a garden. And a horse stable. So yeah... probably a large house. LOL.

I also keep looking back at houses from shows liks Good Luck Charlie, Liv & Maddie, Girl Meets World, etc and find myself wanting to build them. LOL.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    edited May 2020
    When you're looking round for new house ideas for your sims and think that some of the pictures are from the sims https://www.familyhomeplans.com/modern-house-plans lol.
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited May 2020
    Archivist wrote: »
    Last night I dreamt I was a realtor trying to sell a house I built on The Sims to a real couple, and then later had to explain to them that only their Sims could live in it. So that's probably something.

Haven't had that happen yet; used to be a real-life realtor. But I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't a dream that was somewhere in queue.

"Yes, Mr. and Mrs. Brampton. we're going to be looking at a 3BR 2.5 bath located in Sunset Valley...May I ask what your sims' preference is in terms of proximity to schools and shopping? And your price range is 36-9 (thirty-six thousand nine hundred)? Have you been prequalified for a mortgage yet? Or can I put you in touch with a mortgage broker?" Ah, the 1990s...what a fun time that was... (in Vancouver...with the influx of overseas buyers snapping up Vancouver real estate...the rush hasn't stopped) ~sigh~
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    ...when you see these Youtubers come out with "I played Sims for 6 hours" videos and go... "That's a short game play-session in my world." :D:smirk::mrgreen: Amateurs. I fall asleep with Sims 3 on...and wake up in the morning to see if my pause button held. Hunched over, degenerating spine...constant back pain ~sigh~ Sims is life. :neutral: Gotta enjoy the little things in life.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • kneal007kneal007 Posts: 205 Member
    I have been playing the same families since 2009 release. The most aging they have done is about 3 generations now meaning the originals are now grandparents. I talk about my sims to my rl family and friends like they are real people.
    Because Ive also bought several PCs over the last 10 years, Ill save my game file to a thumb drive and upload/transfer the game to the new PC. Thats how I maintain my families. I love Sims 3. (I also own Sims 4, but, its just not as good IMO and I have absolutely no desire to attempt to recreate 25+ families in another game. I allow my daughter to play it.)
  • NitroglycolNitroglycol Posts: 121 Member
    ... when you catch yourself doing a "check stove" and finally admit to yourself that you're neurotic.
  • NitroglycolNitroglycol Posts: 121 Member
    When you spend every last dime on a lotto ticket, thinking you'll win 10k to a million dollars any day now... Sims do it all the time.

Or in general, when you expect dollars/euros/pounds to be simultaneously be as readily available and as valuable as simoleons.
    When you take sickness days from work and you grade your seriousness of illness on a scale of "Mild" to "Can't even sit and play The Sims"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top