Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HELP! I want to love The Sims again!

13...Next

Comments

• SIMileyFaceSIMileyFace Posts: 49 Member
    I can totally relate to this! I was obsessed with the Sims 2 back in the day, I never really got into the sims 3, and was the same when the sims 4 came out. I think I just loved the Sims 2 so much that nothing could compare haha.

But the past month I decided to give the sims 4 another chance, and at first I was like you, I got bored. But then I started to play with it how I did with the Sims 2 and start doing some challenges. I know not everyone likes them, but a legacy or baby challenge could help you? Also, I'm doing the Not So Berry challenge, which has things that you need to complete each generation, so it's stopped me from getting bored of a normal legacy. And I'm doing things I wouldn't normally have done in the sims, like complete the elements collection in generation 1...I didn't even know it existed haha.

Or if you aren't into challenges like those, maybe you could do it in a different way, like playing with a sim and just simply setting goals for them to achieve. Something like completing an aspiration, reaching the top of a career, completing one of the collections.

The rags to riches challenge is one that's also not too long, and you could do it however you like. Like starting from zero money and seeing how much you can make in a lifetime...

Good luck! Everyone on this thread has given some great suggestions for you :) I hope you find something that works for you as a player
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    I play in Uni now with aging off in the whole game. When my sim finished college then I turn aging on for the whole game and continue on with her new career. Well, then I make a new sim and send them to college.....can't seem to get away from Uni. I love that pack <3

I LOVED The Sims 2 University and The Sims 3 University Life but I was really let down with Sims 4 Discover University! I just finished having my Sim attend and he didn't have any fun while he was there. There is a lack of dorms and off campus housing and I found it very difficult to figure out how he was doing throughout the semesters. I'd email a prof or do all the homework and still end up with a B without ever knowing how I could have improved.
    @SIMileyFace - I might try the rags to riches now that you mention it! I don't get too into challenges and I don't use cheats but I've never had a Sim start from $0 before so that might be interesting to try.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I play in Uni now with aging off in the whole game. When my sim finished college then I turn aging on for the whole game and continue on with her new career. Well, then I make a new sim and send them to college.....can't seem to get away from Uni. I love that pack <3

I LOVED The Sims 2 University and The Sims 3 University Life but I was really let down with Sims 4 Discover University! I just finished having my Sim attend and he didn't have any fun while he was there. There is a lack of dorms and off campus housing and I found it very difficult to figure out how he was doing throughout the semesters. I'd email a prof or do all the homework and still end up with a B without ever knowing how I could have improved.

In S4, I have my sim go to DU on a friday evening. She has all weekend to do homework (she takes two classes), do her term paper, and work on her presentation board. When finished, its always poor quality. I have her work on it some more, goes to normal quality. Work on those again and its excellent quality. I have her submit her excellent term paper anytime during the week. I have to click on the presentation board in her inventory to give the final presentation (she will go herself to the building to give it, because you can't click on the building, has to be thru the inventory). I only email the professors one time each, usually Thursday. I always end up with an A or A+. Hope this helps you improve your DU experience? Mine is there to learn, not party :D

Now in S2 I love how they have a cook in your dorm, who serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I didn't party in S2 either, but I don't remember any invites either. S3 was great. I loved the parties in that one. No cook, but hey, there was nothing better that a room-mate cooking and leaving it to run to class. Talk about fires! Costs a lot to replace, sometimes I made them go a few days without replacing the stove!

Hope you will find your way back to S4, I am actually loving it!
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Rotational play is quite fun. I now have four households I just play one week per household and once i went around all households I turn on ageing for one week and then go around the households again with ageing off.
    jimbbq wrote: »
    Rotational play is quite fun. I now have four households I just play one week per household and once i went around all households I turn on ageing for one week and then go around the households again with ageing off.

I wanted to get back into rotational play but I found I tend to like everyone to age up. I think it helps keep things fresh for me in terms of having a Sim move out from their household to go to university then move them into a house and start their family as their parents and siblings continue their own lives.
  • SIMileyFaceSIMileyFace Posts: 49 Member
    @SIMileyFace - I might try the rags to riches now that you mention it! I don't get too into challenges and I don't use cheats but I've never had a Sim start from $0 before so that might be interesting to try.

Yay :smiley: good luck if you do decide to try it. Hope it helps you to start loving sims again :smile: