Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Only a few mods/CC are showing up in game?

myrakiiimyrakiii Posts: 229 Member
Hello everyone! I need some help as I'm very new to the Sims 4.

So I've downloaded some mods and custom content. I have them organized as such:
Mods > Accessories/Clothes/Hair > .package files

When I start up the game (I've already enabled CC and script mods) only like 8 show up? Most are script mods from MCCC but there's a random hair and some eyelashes? Nothing else is showing up and I have like 3 GB of CC.

I used a mod conflict detector and removed some of the CC that had conflicts but it didn't help.

I'm at a loss of what to do next. There's a resource.cfg file, they aren't nested too far, etc. I couldn't really find anyone that's the same problem that I'm having.
hey there! i'm peachy, a sims 4 player that loves making characters!
cas youtube!

Comments

• myrakiiimyrakiii Posts: 229 Member
    Bump!
    hey there! i'm peachy, a sims 4 player that loves making characters!
    cas youtube!
  • alyssahalstedalyssahalsted Posts: 3 New Member
    The same thing is happening with me, only some of my mods are showing up! I've tried everything and I have no idea what to do, I'm so frustrated.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Are they not showing up on the opening box of what's installed? Not in CAS or Build/Buy? Not on Sims/in houses as before? Is the problem with mods (thing affecting UI or gameplay) or with CC (clothes, furniture...)? Have you checked for known problem mods & CC?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    So I've used all of these mods before with no issue, for me it's pretty much all hair that isn't showing up. I've even moved every single thing except for the hair out of my folder and launched it and in-game it doesn't even show a single cc. I've even tried redownloading them and still nothing!
    Update: I have finally figured it out! I am on a mac and I realized for some reason it wouldn't read the mods I changed the name of (for instance a hairstyle from TSR by a creator named Anto, I changed the mods name from a bunch of random numbers to "hair by anto") so I could stay more organized. That could be your issue too!
  • punkbeespunkbees Posts: 27 Member
    I’ve also been having issues where some of my older installed cc doesn’t show up when I add new things. When I tried moving the files from my downloads to my mod folder in one chunk my game wouldn’t even open, but when I added things a few at a time it seems to work, with the exception of a few items that I’ve already installed. My game is updated and my mods folder looks fine, but when I open my game I get a message saying that x amount of items have been removed from cas and build/buy. I don’t have a ~ton~ of cc installed, maybe a couple hundred things, but is there a storage limit in the game? Could it have anything to do with the fact that I renamed some of the files/if so, how would I go about fixing that? Thank you! :)
    gallery id: punkbees || black lives matter
    punkbees wrote: »
    I’ve also been having issues where some of my older installed cc doesn’t show up when I add new things. When I tried moving the files from my downloads to my mod folder in one chunk my game wouldn’t even open, but when I added things a few at a time it seems to work, with the exception of a few items that I’ve already installed. My game is updated and my mods folder looks fine, but when I open my game I get a message saying that x amount of items have been removed from cas and build/buy. I don’t have a ~ton~ of cc installed, maybe a couple hundred things, but is there a storage limit in the game? Could it have anything to do with the fact that I renamed some of the files/if so, how would I go about fixing that? Thank you! :)

There's no storage limit. Make sure that you are not nesting your CC more than 5 folders deep and that you aren't nesting script mods (all their parts) more than 1 folder deep. Some older CC might no longer be game compatible.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    > @luthienrising said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > There's no storage limit. Make sure that you are not nesting your CC more than 5 folders deep and that you aren't nesting script mods (all their parts) more than 1 folder deep. Some older CC might no longer be game compatible.

Thank you! I just checked my mods folder again and it seems fine, but I'm only able to see about half of my CC in CAS. I tried duplicating the folder, deleting everything, and adding it back in, but it doesn't seem to have worked. Could there be a single piece that's throwing everything off? I don't have any script mods, just CAS and build/buy stuff. I've only been using CC in my game for a few weeks and I'm still trying to figure everything out. I didn't have any issues until a few days ago when I downloaded a new game pack -- could that have anything to do with it?
    > @alyssahalsted said:
    > Update: I have finally figured it out! I am on a mac and I realized for some reason it wouldn't read the mods I changed the name of (for instance a hairstyle from TSR by a creator named Anto, I changed the mods name from a bunch of random numbers to "hair by anto") so I could stay more organized. That could be your issue too!

I have a Mac too and I'm having pretty much the same problem -- so re-downloading everything and not changing the item names is how you fixed it?
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I am having the same problem on Mac. Suddenly every woman in town was bald. The CC was still available in CAS, so I was able to manually redo everyone’s hair. Of course this was a pesky task so I only did 1 or 2 before deciding to quit the game in frustration.
    I wonder if it's a Mac thing? CC'ing @BluebellFlora in case she's around and has seen this.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Thanks @luthienrising :smile:

There are regular reports at Answers HQ of some Mods not showing up in the game when newly added to the folder but I believe this is more to do with users who have iCloud Drive setup to store their Documents folder in the cloud and their storage is full, therefore not actually adding the content to the folder. I've asked this several times and a few have fixed it by disabling their iCloud Drive so all content is stored locally.

I've no idea about hair being available in CAS but not being on the sims. Maybe the game was inadvertently saved when the CC wasn't in the folder? Maybe it's a bug? Not Mac specific though.
    apple-signature.png
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Nope,always maintain available storage. All Sims are bald and locked into no tops and athletic bottoms. All other clothing types, even if EA MM, are only in undies. Oh well, not a big. everything is still in CAS, but time consuming to redo.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    Nope,always maintain available storage. All Sims are bald and locked into no tops and athletic bottoms. All other clothing types, even if EA MM, are only in undies. Oh well, not a big. everything is still in CAS, but time consuming to redo.

It could be a corrupt save. Have you tried rolling back to a previous save?