Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Unpopular opinion: free travel among all worlds across a save is better than a single open world per save.

Wanna be friends??? I feel this so much...

I find kids and toddlers annoying in the sims every game ... and each Time I make them I end up restarting soon after...

I would much rather have things than give drama in the game that household chores...

I am so glad university classes are rabitholes as the lectures in sims 3 were boring as .... and I much rather spent times with my sims doing things that mundane chores...

I love island living because of the beaches and kava parties...
  • meljonesmeljones Posts: 45 Member
    I hate the seasons xp and have hated it in every iteration of the sims. I do not want rain or snow in my game. But since I buy everything they put out I have to suffer through it. It ruins the look of the game. Haaaate it.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited May 2020
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Unpopular opinion: free travel among all worlds across a save is better than a single open world per save.

Wanna be friends??? I feel this so much...

I find kids and toddlers annoying in the sims every game ... and each Time I make them I end up restarting soon after...

I would much rather have things than give drama in the game that household chores...

I am so glad university classes are rabitholes as the lectures in sims 3 were boring as .... and I much rather spent times with my sims doing things that mundane chores...

I love island living because of the beaches and kava parties...

I haven't played University much as yet but my Sim Rusty Styles is using those bicycles in Sulani. I found it a good way for him to find shells quickly on the beaches. I just click on one he gets off picks it up and off he goes again with it in his inventory. He sails off to another beach and we do it again. :)
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    edited May 2020
    1. Swimming in oceans, lakes, etc. Is largely useless and I don't care for it
    2. There is no iteration of the game that is objectively the best, it just depends on who is playing
    3. Bikes are better than cars
    4. Cats and dogs doesn't actually change the game that much
    5. Realm of magic world is a cop out. Why the magical half isn't the livable half in a magic pack I'll never know, and there is no excuse. It was just poor decision making.
    6. People who buy a pack they don't care about just to have it and then complain about how it works and changes the game are perhaps one of the biggest problems with packs being less impactful on actual gameplay. Devs try to make something that actually impacts the game then everyone complains. Smh. If a pack isn't what you want don't buy it, or don't complain and ruin it for people who actually wanted it.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited May 2020
    I usually age up infants immediately after birth, so in my unpopular opinion, I don't think resources should be used to improve this very brief lifestage.
    Post edited by Nindigo on

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    luxsylvan wrote: »
    5. Realm of magic world is a cop out. Why the magical half isn't the livable half in a magic pack I'll never know, and there is no excuse. It was just poor decision making.

6. People who buy a pack they don't care about just to have it and then complain about how it works and changes the game are perhaps one of the biggest problems with packs being less impactful on actual gameplay. Devs try to make something that actually impacts the game then everyone complains. Smh. If a pack isn't what you want don't buy it, or don't complain and ruin it for people who actually wanted it.
    Hard agree with number 6 and funnily enough it answers number 5. Someone will complain about how they wanna live there, but don't wanna see witches.

That seems to be the major problem people have with occult packs, that they have other stuff besides the occult in it. The only way to fix it is to have it be completely bare (aside from the occult) or else people will buy it for a chair and complain when the main feature of the pack appears. It's like buying an ice cream flavor you hate just so you can eat the sprinkles and then demanding the store stops making it so you can have a cone filled with sprinkles.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    I love My First Pet stuff pack. o:)
    Vampris wrote: »

Hard agree with number 6 and funnily enough it answers number 5. Someone will complain about how they wanna live there, but don't wanna see witches.

That seems to be the major problem people have with occult packs, that they have other stuff besides the occult in it. The only way to fix it is to have it be completely bare (aside from the occult) or else people will buy it for a chair and complain when the main feature of the pack appears. It's like buying an ice cream flavor you hate just so you can eat the sprinkles and then demanding the store stops making it so you can have a cone filled with sprinkles.

Perfect analogy! It's really frustrating for the people who are the actual target audience of a pack. I really like playing with occults but then they get toned down for the realistic players. An endless cycle it seems. I'm sure there are other areas where this happens but it impacts my gameplay with occults the most, as someone who frequently combines occult + family style gameplay.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    I usually age up infants immediately after birth, so in my unpopular opinion, I don't think resources should be used to improve this very brief lifestage.

Me too. I don’t care about babies.
  • ShaghayeghyzShaghayeghyz Posts: 23 Member
    I preferred single worlds with full facilities like in the Sims 3 rather than so many worlds which we need to switch between each time
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I like sci fi related stuff in the game. Like aliens on the scientist career or strangerville mistery.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2020
    My favourite lifespan is small. I like to play legacies and see how the family evolve through time and how genetics work and i want to to see it fast 😂
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    I hate playing with premade sims and that applies to all versions of the game. Sorry but the Goths are the first ones I delete.

It absolutely astounds me how little Simmers know about game development.

I rage quit Sims 3 years ago and it remains the only non-competitive game I have ever quit like that.
  • meljonesmeljones Posts: 45 Member
    Wow. I had no idea it was my fault that packs aren't as good as they could be. I really am a bad person. >:)
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,183 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    And I don’t care that babies are objects. They kind of are in real life that’s why you use “it” to refer to a baby.

Sorry but what parent do you know call their baby it? 😓

PnZTs56.jpg
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • sirsir Posts: 19 Member
    I agree with many people here.

I miss the burglar
    I miss the police and fireman. (Remember how the burglar sometimes escaped?)
    I think mermaids and magical people add fun game play
    I don't care about University
    I do miss the newspaper and magazines
    I prefer having my utilities shut off to the repo man
    I don:t want open world, gradual aging, more "realistic looking" sims, or cars

I miss xylophones for toddlers
    I miss the toddler plane and car machine rides
    I miss the bucking bronco machine (Sims1?)

Getting Famous is my favorite by far. I think EA did a great job with it and would love to see it a game pack with an update on some of the Studio City Stuff like modeling/fashion show, music recording, and music video sets. Also some new gigs for actors.

I loved Sims 1 & 2, bored by Sims 3, Love Sims 4 - its my favorite so far.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I'm ready for the Sims 5
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2020
    I like the gameplay of Eco Lifestyle and hugging worms. I don't like the look of Sims 4 premades with the upcoming pack looking like they don't have a rib cage. I like that the Sims 4 is trying to go the more inclusive route and would like it for disabilities and more cultures in the game and would love a system like Sims 4 Seasons events for making our own religions in the game.

City Living is my least favorite EP because of the mostly modern focus and forced storyline gameplay.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    > @ParmaViolet87 said:
    > Toddlers have more than enough gameplay, and elders don't have enough

I love the toddler so the more animations and actions they have the better for me

But I would like to see more interactions and game play for elders, The Sims portrayal of elders is so archaic. Once Sims retire they act and look like their 95 not 65.
    > @jonilla1 said:

> 1. The Sims 3 is the worst game in the series.
    > 3. The Sims 4 is the best game in the series so far.
    > 4. The Sims 3 Sims look like pudding.
    > 5. The open world was unnecessary.
    > 6. University is the most boring expansion ever.
    > 7. Sims 4 babies are fine as they are right now.
    > 10. The Sims 4 does not need cars. They would be pointless.
    > 11. I don't need or want The Sims 5 to be released soon.
    > 15. I don't want preteens in Sims 4 or in any future games either.

I agree to these.

... It's really frustrating for the people who are the actual target audience of a pack. I really like playing with occults but then they get toned down for the realistic players. An endless cycle it seems. I'm sure there are other areas where this happens but it impacts my gameplay with occults the most, as someone who frequently combines occult + family style gameplay.

I don't buy packs I know I don't want. I don't play vampires so I didn't buy it. I hate Rabbit Holes so I didn't buy University. I think occults get toned down because this is an all ages game. I like having mermaids, witches, ghosts, aliens. I think they're fine the way they are, However, I can see how people may want their Vampires to be darker and evil. But then people might complain about that. Particularly parents of young players. When I want to play an evil creepy game I play one of the Puppet Show games.
    edited May 2020
    sir wrote: »

... It's really frustrating for the people who are the actual target audience of a pack. I really like playing with occults but then they get toned down for the realistic players. An endless cycle it seems. I'm sure there are other areas where this happens but it impacts my gameplay with occults the most, as someone who frequently combines occult + family style gameplay.

I don't buy packs I know I don't want. I don't play vampires so I didn't buy it. I hate Rabbit Holes so I didn't buy University. I think occults get toned down because this is an all ages game. I like having mermaids, witches, ghosts, aliens. I think they're fine the way they are, However, I can see how people may want their Vampires to be darker and evil. But then people might complain about that. Particularly parents of young players. When I want to play an evil creepy game I play one of the Puppet Show games.
    [/quote]

I see what you mean, I agree that age is definitely part of it. Personally, I don't want occults to necessarily be evil or darker, I just want impactful gameplay. I'm not looking to make the Sims into an M rated game. I just miss things like more frequent vampire break-ins (I'm aware of mods but it's the principle of it). I think aliens could have been better and it's one of the sore points of the game for me. Ghosts are okay but nothing special (miss things like ghost babies from ts3). I haven't played mermaids or magicians, so can't attest to them.

I understand they can't make everyone happy, I just don't think the decisions they've made make the most people happy. I think there are ways to compromise so everyone gets a bit of something they like that's really well-done in the game. It's just particularly frustrating since I fall into the unhappy category. But lots of people play ts4 and don't have a single issue, and that's fine too.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I played GTW recently. They've actually fixed the bugs in the doctor career, so it was a lot more fun. Someone actually had a baby during the shift. The promotions actually worked. I like the playable careers when they work. Yeah, I'd like to be able to control the other staff but it is kind of fun to follow some sims to the office.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    More from me:
    I love toddlers, but find the child stage extremely boring.
    I hate the City Living festivals.
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    I'm ready for the Sims 5
    There’s a discussion going on in the Franchise board- that’s actually a popular opinion. ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top