Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We don't need Sims 5

We just need a fixed and expanded Sims 4. Because Sims 4 looks great! And most modern hardware can run it. We don't need another half-decade of a thousand dollars of spending on packs, we need Sims 4 to have story progression, deeper emotions and more quality of life updates to the basegame. We don't need Sims 5, because it's been 20 years and it's time to stop abandoning games with perfectly good content and replacing it with a shell that has just houses and families, and nothing else.

And most of all, we don't need Sims 5, because if it sells poorly, Maxis will be gone, just like BioWare might also be gone in the next couple of years.
Check out my stuff on the Sims 4 gallery under the ID 'RavennaSanguine'

Comments

• RavennaRavenna Posts: 58 Member
    AloeVista wrote: »
    Honestly, if I had the choice Sims 4 would just be dumped all together. EA seems to have given up on making a decent Sims game that lives up to its amazing predecessors, and so far they've just been half-baked when it comes to Sims 4 (the disastrous launch of the game is telling enough and I will never forget that debacle).

Its a shame too because I think they did a great job with Sims 3, but whatever team they have working on Sims 4 is just awful. The game has potential too, but I don't think the team will ever hit that mark.

That's the thing though, I see so many people clammoring, like on Twitter, about Sims 5, and if this how people are feeling about Sims 4, how do they see Sims 5 being any better
    Check out my stuff on the Sims 4 gallery under the ID 'RavennaSanguine'
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    I definitely agree. It's way too soon for The Sims 5 to come out, especially with all the potential improvements they're considering for The Sims 4 from the more recent surveys. It will likely be with us for a few more years yet, especially with the surge of attention and newer players it has gained in the last year. That's not normal in the lifespan of a game - there's the initial rush of attention, then it peters off, then there's an expansion and maybe a few more join but the more time goes on, the less likely it's going to grab much attention. The Sims 4 has

I've been playing The Sims for 18 years and I'm not keen on buying another iteration of Seasons, Pets and University for the third or fourth time just yet. I'd rather we get to explore some other facets of life simulation before we jump over to a new one. Or even some other basic stuff, like slow dancing, freed babies, werewolves, burglars, etc etc.

Build mode and Create A Sim are great in The Sims 4 - but for me, the problems mainly come down to the sims themselves. As an example, sims don't remember anything so relationships don't really matter as much. But they could either add a memory system or more advanced relationships, like what we've seen with the Parenthood pack. A version of the chemistry system from Sims 2 would be great, but that came from Nightlife. We sort of already have a favourite's system from Seasons (weather preferences) and Movie Hangout (favourite movie) but favourite music genre, food and others could be implemented.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited May 2020
    Ravenna wrote: »
    *you
    You dont need Sims 5.
    I do however. Sims 4 cant improve the way I see it. Its a done deal. I hope for Sims 5

I want to you uninstall all of the packs you've got for Sims 4, and then play just the basegame, and tell me then if we need that, again, with different graphics.

Oh god, why would ANYONE want to play just the base game...it's like...the most awful base game ever in the series..
    AloeVista wrote: »
    Honestly, if I had the choice Sims 4 would just be dumped all together. EA seems to have given up on making a decent Sims game that lives up to its amazing predecessors, and so far they've just been half-baked when it comes to Sims 4 (the disastrous launch of the game is telling enough and I will never forget that debacle). I shouldn't have to constantly compare it to the previous titles, but this version has forced my hand. For me after playing years with Sims 1, 2, and 3 and then playing 4, in my humble opinion the game is not only shallow but its boring as well content-wise. Its literally just a money-grab now for EA that keeps releasing less and less satisfying add-ons. Literally its only mods and CC at this point that keeps this game installed on my machine. Goodness bless the amazing, talented and creative CC community.

Its a shame too because I think they did a great job with Sims 3, but whatever team they have working on Sims 4 is just awful. The game has potential too, but I don't think the team will ever hit that mark.

Agree with this too...

Also I think this title should be changed to "I don't need the Sims 5."

There are alot of people that is on board with the 5th installment, myself included.

• KpoiKpoi Posts: 32 Member
    I think the structure of the base game itself is just... lacking the charm of The Sims franchise, and of course I'm glad you like it!
    I think it is an interesting game and there are some unique aspects of it, and the graphics are great!

I just think a fresh take on the series will be a good way, considering the complications with missing features and lack of, say, colored world views and toddlers, it was just an unfinished and rushed game to begin with. I think if we want another addition to the series, the whole community needs to be patient and understanding of the time it takes to work on it.

That said, I think that the Sims 4 still has more potential and THERE ARE people who want more expansions for it! I think that the Sims team can work on more content for the Sims 4 and perhaps just listen to the community as a whole towards what we would want in the Sims 5 as well. (:

For me, personally, the Sims 4 has gotten stale and just feels flat, the emotions don't seem to have much of an impact, I can have a sim go from sad from a death to happy from a combo of moodlets in minutes!

But, like I said, there are still people who want more for the Sims 4, and in that sense, I don't think the Sims 5 would be a good idea financially for the company. Why spend money developing a whole new game when you can make money adding onto a preexisting one that is still selling well?

For The Sims 5, I think that it would be wise to wait, as much as I want it, I also want it to be the best it can be, even if that means waiting longer and letting the Sims 4 get more content! Think about it this way, more content for the Sims 4 = more income for development of the Sims 5! Try to be positive. <3
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    *you
    You dont need Sims 5.
    I do however. Sims 4 cant improve the way I see it. Its a done deal. I hope for Sims 5

I want to you uninstall all of the packs you've got for Sims 4, and then play just the basegame, and tell me then if we need that, again, with different graphics.

TS1, TS2 and TS3 have great basegames! Once in a while, I will play TS3 with just the basegame, no EPs, no SPs, and no mods and I still have a lot to do and have fun! I also had a lot of fun when I just had the basegame for TS1 and TS2 as well.

If EAxis learned anything, they need to make the TS5 basegame a strong foundation that is rich in gameplay and fully featured as TS1 through TS3 have been.

The bad thing about TS4 is that it gets its players into a restrictive mindset. That's another reason why I won't play it.
  • lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    Yea I need an open world again. Sims 4 has things thay I love that the other sims don’t but this one thing hurts my gameplay so much. That being said if sims 5 isn’t open world I won’t be buying it.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    I'm not sure there is any point in trying to improve the game anymore, it is not going to change the limitations and problems that the game has. I would rather see something new than hoping for changes for a game that I know is not going to improve in some areas.

Even if they would change some things that they mentioned in the survey, they are going to be limited by how the game works. They are not going to change the hundreds of tuning files they have to improve the sims personalities and behavior, they are going to walk around and practice singing, ignoring conversations and smile when someone is angry at them because that is how the game was built.

A fresh start could open up new possibilities.

• peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    Another indication is the poorer quality of the more recent packs for the past couple of years. You can see that EAxis hasn't poured much money into the development of the packs (where did it go?) - reused animations just labeled with different names, lots of recolors, sometimes using the same lot buildings in the newer worlds.
    I don't really want to start a whole thing, but it should be mentioned from time to time that they reused a lot of animations from The Sims 2 in The Sims 3. That's not necessarily a bad thing, since it frees up more of the budget to do other stuff so I'm not bothered by reusing animations so much.

I am bothered by buying a new base game and waiting 3 years to have weather again though.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Something that didn‘t get fixed in six years will never get fixed. I personally am tired of waiting and hoping for TS4 to become good.
    peragogo wrote: »
    Another indication is the poorer quality of the more recent packs for the past couple of years. You can see that EAxis hasn't poured much money into the development of the packs (where did it go?) - reused animations just labeled with different names, lots of recolors, sometimes using the same lot buildings in the newer worlds.
    I don't really want to start a whole thing, but it should be mentioned from time to time that they reused a lot of animations from The Sims 2 in The Sims 3. That's not necessarily a bad thing, since it frees up more of the budget to do other stuff so I'm not bothered by reusing animations so much.

I am bothered by buying a new base game and waiting 3 years to have weather again though.
    What „other stuff“ though?
  • sirsir Posts: 19 Member
    I like Sims 4 a great deal. It looks good and has returned some of the humor and surprise that was in Sims 1 and 2 but was completely lacking in Sims 3. I'm glad they did away with open world and cars. It added nothing and had to be complemented by Rabbit Holes. Rabbit Holes are the antithesis to game play. The only rabbit hole I'm okay with is daycare.

Maybe EA should concentrate on giving simmers the most animated humorous action filled game play rather than doing all these votes. Themes are fine but when people voted for Eco did they have any extended game play in mind? Perhaps simmers should think more deeply about what "activities and actions" they would like added to the game play and not just what "stuff" they want to add. A theme with no new added game play is just theme stuff.

Don't get me wrong I love Sim stuff. I love the modders who make it, There are great mods out there. Beautiful CAS items for the sims and beautiful items to build with and beautiful items to add to the sims world and homes. What we need from EA is not more stuff but game play which is plot and animation.

Like many simmers I'm happy with Sims 4 and think there is still a lot of room for Sims 4 to improve and grow,

It's not yet time for Sims 5
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited May 2020

Wouldn't take me long, ive only got one game pack because the core of the game is so shallow. I wouldnt mind buying expansions for Sims 5 if the base game was actually engaging and fun, with personality, depth, consequences and the expansions still are engaging and fresh, I see no problem with it. This is why i still buy Sims 2 and 3 expansions.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I don't need Sims 5, and I don't need Sims 4. I personally don't think video games are a necessity for anyone. That being said, 4 is my favourite game in the series and I enjoy it. I don't think I'd ever switch to Sims 5 as I have the game I want in Sims 4, but I know other people want Sims 5 so I'm happy for them if they can get it. I do hope we'll get the last couple things I want in Sims 4 first (or along side) (I'd love generations, free babies, non-mutual relationships etc) but if we don't, it's still a great game I"ll stick with for many years.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    sorry op but i have to disagree with you on this one some players are pretty much ready to move on to the sims5 as a player i feel ready to move on to the sims5
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    sir wrote: »
    I like Sims 4 a great deal. It looks good and has returned some of the humor and surprise that was in Sims 1 and 2 but was completely lacking in Sims 3. I'm glad they did away with open world and cars. It added nothing and had to be complemented by Rabbit Holes. Rabbit Holes are the antithesis to game play. The only rabbit hole I'm okay with is daycare.

Maybe EA should concentrate on giving simmers the most animated humorous action filled game play rather than doing all these votes. Themes are fine but when people voted for Eco did they have any extended game play in mind? Perhaps simmers should think more deeply about what "activities and actions" they would like added to the game play and not just what "stuff" they want to add. A theme with no new added game play is just theme stuff.

Don't get me wrong I love Sim stuff. I love the modders who make it, There are great mods out there. Beautiful CAS items for the sims and beautiful items to build with and beautiful items to add to the sims world and homes. What we need from EA is not more stuff but game play which is plot and animation.

Like many simmers I'm happy with Sims 4 and think there is still a lot of room for Sims 4 to improve and grow,

It's not yet time for Sims 5

OH believe me, it's been FAR time..actually overtime.

• cody6268cody6268 Posts: 642 Member
    There is so much that cannot be done in TS4 due to the engine that was chosen and intended for online play, but never changed when EA learned their lesson about the Sims games and online play with Sim City 2013. I feel in that regard, a new game, with a shiny new robust and powerful engine is needed. But, if it is the way EA's CEO has been pushing for, and the way rumors suggest, then no, heck no.

I feel there is so much that can be added to TS4 base game and its packs with what we already have. And it's easily patched in. I would like to see more continuity between packs and the other worlds in the game. It bugs me to no avail of how annoying things are in all worlds, but things like stray pets are limited to just the pack with which the game ships.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I need The Sims 5
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 783 Member
    I think Sims 5 will come out sometime in early 2021. Sims 4 has run its course and it will be time to move on to Sims 5. And you really can't say things like "We don't need a Sims 5"-it sounds like you're speaking for everyone on this forum. Ea can't keep Sms 4 running forever and ever and ever-people will sart getting sick and tired of half-baked packs,and hose people will move on to better games or go back to playing Sims 1,2, or 3. If Sims 4 kept going on and on,then Maxis WILL die,because of the fanbase moving on to better simulation games. If that happened,then there would be no money to make a Sims 5.

Let EA finish up Sims 4,then they can give us Sims 5.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    i would like to add this

the sims 1 (first game) introduce us to the sims franchise as well as challanges

the sims 2 sequel added to the challanges of the first game plus introduce toddlers and aging as well as supernatural

the sims3 sequel added more deep as it introduce us to open worlds and challanges

the sims4 sequel introduce us to emotions but lacks the challanges sims1 sims2 and sims3 brough exemple dealing with buglars repoman seem everything is like everything is done like magic (*i apolige for sharing my tough as a player)

now its time for the sims5 new storys better emotions and challanges for players that went some challange in there game and i apoligise for the french article here but its proof sims5 is in the work https://jesuisungameur.com/2019/11/20/les-sims-5-date-de-sortie/
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I'm just afraid that S5 will be another disappointment... I'm also not looking forward to having to wait another 4 years for seasons and other typical expansions. Although, I also don't want them to put out the basic packs first because then we will look back at them years later and see the ''Luxury Party Stuff Effect'' where we realize that the pack didn't really have anything in it.
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    We absolutely need a Sims 5. The Sims 4 is a disaster in my opinion, due to the base game being very incomplete, and most of the packs being incomplete. Unless base game is "fixed", and what needs to be added is added, I want to move on. Although, another worry I have is that the Sims 5 is going to also be a big disappointment, and they treat it like they treated the Sims 4.
    Proud simmer