Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to reduce multiple birth odds?

FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
Is there a mod or anyway to reduce the multiple birth odds?

My sims keep having twins, I barely get any singular births. It becomes to a point where a singular birth is more of a surprise than a multiple birth.

I know MC settings has a setting to reduce maximum offspring. However I still want multiple but is there a way to make it more rare?

Comments

• DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I think I set my MCC to one or two kids simultaneously, but some of my sims still get triplets or quadruplets sometimes. Although less frequent. I don't know if that's the idea but it still gives me multiples, but less so.
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I used to have this same problem for some reason but now I barely ever get multiple births for my sims.
    I think EA's default settings for twins is 10% chance and for triplets 1% chance or something like that.
    I don't know of any other mods other than MCC but I don't think it has a specific solution for this problem. Although, you can click on your pregnant sim and change the number of babies to 1 if you want (you can choose the gender or let it randomize it for you)
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    You can use MCCC and set the chance of twins to zero.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • AlunnyAlunny Posts: 24 Member
    This annoys me too...it wouldn't be annoying if they weren't identical every single time. I've reduced all of MCCC's settings but sometimes I'm still getting twins or triplets or quads that are identical still and it sucks.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Make sure your home lot doesn't have they ley line trait set to it as this makes multiples extremely common.