March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

100 Baby ADOPTION Challenge!

Hey Sim's World!

I know a lot of people LOVE the 100 Baby Challenge, so I've decided to make a few modifications for a bit of a different feel to the challenge!
For the ADOPTION variation, most of the rules are still the same so I will only mention the rules that have changed:

1) Your Parent Sim can be either male or female
2) You must ADOPT
3) You can only adopt babies
4) Your Heir can be male or female as long as they are the youngest sim in the house when your parent sim dies

What these modifications will mean is that you can your parent sim will have to work harder at their stay at home job in order to come up with the simoleons to adopt as each child requires a 1000 simoleon adoption fee.

I am in the process of testing the lifespan but as your sim will not be gaining the extra 3 days of non-aging while pregnant you will be able to adopt while being a senior. So the aging should balance out within the challenge variations.

I hope you all find this variation fun to play! ENJOY!

Comments

• SimmingKimSimmingKim Posts: 94 Member
    This is a wonderful variation! :)
  • menysanasmenysanas Posts: 22 Member
    A curious idea! I like it!
  • Elly_JonesElly_Jones Posts: 32 Member
    https://youtu.be/JsgEi3gubRU

I've made my first 3 videos!! Please take a look and let me know what you think!
  • mattiemayhemmattiemayhem Posts: 47 Member
    oh this is kinda cute! ive always wanted to do the 100 baby challenge but the whole mess of getting a partner was sort of killing my buzz. now i can get a little creative with the kids appearances
    @mattiemayhem
    I know right! And I find a lot of people quit after a while because it just takes sooo long!! And yes then you never know really what your kid might look like :smile:
  • Gothoholic18Gothoholic18 Posts: 71 Member
    It's a really nice idea!
  • mattiemayhemmattiemayhem Posts: 47 Member
    > @Elly_Jones said:
    > @mattiemayhem
    > I know right! And I find a lot of people quit after a while because it just takes sooo long!! And yes then you never know really what your kid might look like :smile:

I think I'll go ahead and do this variation. I've seen it around a bit but this cures my worry of not being able to have my independent person, romance in the sims can be so boring in challenges and hard to come by organically xD
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited April 2020
    Oh @Elly_Jones this does sound fantastically fun! I am kind of 100 baby deficient because I started that challenge in 2015 and I have only 19 babies. I don’t play that game file very often. I’m also not very good at ageing them out until they have really good skills so I take a very slow approach which is a hinderance in100 baby where the objective is to rush them out.
    The 100 baby rules state that you don’t have to move your children out but once you’ve moved them out you cannot move them back in.

If you want elders to be able to adopt babies I would suggest that the family keep a teenager around once the parent gets a little bit older that way there is someone to finish raising the younger siblings that are adopted at the end. I usually do this with the last cohort in a family anyway because the grown-up children can work and bring in money until the next matriarch is ready then the older siblings start leaving oldest to youngest. That might be a bit cheaty but I really like the family relationships in this save file.

This approach also creates an interesting challenge because there is always conflicting priorities between adding to the house or maybe building a greenhouse or similar and having money to adopt. Are you leaving it wide open when they can adopt, or are you stating that once there is a certain amount of money they must adopt?

Also interesting is if you have teen jobs during the gap from the last adopted a baby joining the family to when they are grown up you should be able to save some money in between so that the next parent has a bit of savings for the next round of adoption fees.

I would gladly jump into this with you with 2 feet but as you know I have my own challenge to finish play testing and that is going to be a while.

Pregnant SIMs are miserable so this variation has the advantage of not having to coax a pregnant SIMs through everything they need to do.

A fun aspect of this challenge for me is building what I call “stretchy houses” so that I can know what I’m adding ahead of time and where and I don’t have to go in and redo a bunch of landscaping or move a staircase.

Anyways! Following!
  • timiina3timiina3 Posts: 16 New Member
    ooh! i am going to write it down!
  • SimmingKimSimmingKim Posts: 94 Member
    I have this on my list of challenges to play. :smiley:
  • MionaxMionax Posts: 287 Member
    edited May 2020
    *bookmarks thread* Nice challenge :)

Edit:
    Anne Nanny - Founder
    05-07-20_2-57-29_AM.png

Post edited by Mionax on
    Origin ID:Mionax
    Origin #: madebymionax
    The newest video is up!!!!

https://youtu.be/BaDbyIOnC5A
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Since I am not an especially good 100 baby player I have only one pro tip.

Here is my one and only pro tip: When a child becomes a teen I have another Sim paint a paint-from-reference portrait of them. Each painting is renamed, #of the child first name last name. So, the first baby was Juanita. Her portrait is titled: 1. Juanita Vega. She was the daughter of the mailman. My house has all the gameplay on one level and an art gallery for the portraits (as well as gym equipment? bit of a mess) on the second floor. These portraits are so i don't get lost since I don't play that file very often.
    WE1KWvm.png
    Please excuse the lighting. This was Cebelle the first matriarch. I had a hard time figuring out how to make the challenge work and raise money so she only have seven. Her youngest daughter was Quincy.

BaMWxEP.png
    This is Quincy and her family painted each as teenagers. Quincy is now an elder. She has two children who are not yet teens so their portraits are not done yet.

BkULa1q.png
    This is Quincy now with her youngest daughter Marjorie.