Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Royal Sims

puertoricanthangpuertoricanthang Posts: 88 Member
edited June 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hi simmers! I know we all have different play styles so I'm not sure how well received this idea will be but I frequently play with sims who are royalty so I thought this would be a fun idea for a pack. A lot of the ideas here are inspired by the quest in The Sims Freeplay. Even if this type of content isn't exactly your cup of tea I'd love to know what you think and if there is anything you'd like to see in a hypothetical pack like this.

The Sims 4: Royal Lineage

Your sims can know become the monarch of land! after choosing from a variety of royal and imperial titles (King/Queen, Emperor/Empress + the option to customize titles) They can sit on their thrones and issue royal decrees that affect the whole kingdom. Royal Decrees range from silly hats to serious business.

Royal Decrees:
- Raise Taxes. (Monarch's pension increases. However, bills for all households in the kingdom will increase and Monarch's popularity decreases.)
- Lower Taxes. (Bill's for all households in the kingdom will decrease, The Monarch becomes more popular. However Monarch's Pension decreases.)
- World Peace Decree. (All sims in the kingdom get a "peaceful" buff which lasts for a day. Sims make friends much easier and relationships don't decrease as much.
- Funny Hats Decree. (All sims in the kingdom will wear hats for a day)
- Let Them Eat Cake! (All sims in the kingdom will be sent a cake in the mail. Their is a 50/50 chance that this decree will make your Monarch adored or despised.)

Palaces

The Royal/Imperial Palace is the seat of the monarchy and home of the royal family. Only one may be built in each town and afterwards one sim in the household may declare themselves the Monarch of the land and the town becomes their kingdom/empire.

Nobility

The Monarch may elevate any sim they choose to a noble and bestow upon them a title. This title as well may also be customized. The Monarch may also decide in which order nobles are ranked and which noble titles there are.

Events

- Royal Ball: Sims may enjoy dressing up in their finest attire and dancing the night away! Make sure you brush up on your ballroom dancing skills as to not embarrass yourself in the company of such important guests.
- Tea party: Enjoy a variety of delightful teas calming chamomile to divine blossoming tea and delicious pastries in the company of your closest confidantes.
- Coronation: Mark the beginning of a new reign with a coronation. After declaring themselves the Monarch or inheriting the throne your sim may celebrate with pomp and circumstance and crown themselves along with their consort if they have one.
- State Banquet: Entertain important guests and celebrate at the royal banquet where butlers cater to your whims.

Skills & Activities

- Ballroom Dancing: Learn a variety of dances from the simple slow dance to the awe inspiring Viennese Waltz.
- Archery
- Fencing
- Etiquette: Learn to be polite and master the art of manners. Know when to bow or curtsy and who bow and curtsy to Sims may be tutored in this skill or learn it themselves through experience and skill books. Occasionally while reading the skill book sims will walk around and attempt to balance the book upon their head. Sims who max out this skill will receive the "Proper" trait. They will know always succeed with social graces and have a variety of fun interactions exclusive to them.
- Jewelry Making (?)

Heirs & Inheritance

In order to continue their legacy a Monarch must either choose an heir or write inheritance laws. Rules include the the typical options of male or female preference as well as other qualifications such as skill level or something more out their like hair colour.

Clothing

Includes new formal dress from a variety of cultures such as tiaras, crowns, ballgowns, dress uniforms, sashes, etc. Also outfits for tea parties and events such as tea dresses and fascinators. Maybe even some fairy tale inspired royal clothing.

Build/Buy

Objects to build elegant palaces, majestic castles, and forbidding fortresses. Also a variety of Baroque, Rococo furnishings to deck out your palace.

New Neighborhood

A European world like Germany or the U.K. would seem like the best option for a pack like this but Windenburg is already too much like this. However I think a neighborhood inspired by St. Petersburg in Russia would be a good fit.

Other Fun Ideas

New Collection:
If you have more than two Monarchs in your game they can send each other orders to decorate their sashes or rare royal jewels.

The Frog Prince:
A new rare frog can be found by your sims. The frog will have a little crown on it's head indicating it's royal status. There is a 50% chance the frog will become a prince or princess depending on your sims gender preference. If your sim is royalty or a good sim the chance of the frog becoming a prince(ss) increases to 75%. However, if your sim is evil or mean the chance of the frog becoming a prince(ss) decreases to 25%.

Post edited by puertoricanthang on

Comments

• x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I love the ideas! Though it's not my gameplay style, but this is interesting! Perhaps, we could probably get something on Medieval or Fairy Tale themes pack in the future?
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I need this now! I have been wanting a royal pack for a long time. This sounds amazing.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I could definitely use this.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    I WISH we had this as a pack.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Yes, we need a Royalty pack.
    I would so love a Camelot & War of the Roses in Sims 4.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yeah I love the royalty mod that I play with:
    https://llazyneiph.tumblr.com/royalty-mod

I have a medieval-fantasy Save, and the House Delre, has ruled over the Kingdom of Briarheart for 5 centuries.
    I've been using Windenburg and Glimmerbrooke as my Main Kingdom.
    I would love more worlds with a historical, country-side setting. I hate modern settings.
    I'm hoping for a farming pack with a Tuscany, Italy Setting. But I would Love a French, English, Irish world for a Royal Pack.
    One thing I would want for castles, is an increase on the number of floors. Right now we are capped at 4 floors, 5 if you build turrets. But I would like to build 6-7 floors above ground, really give my castle that domineering look, and more creativity in it's floor plans.

Currently I have King Phillip Delre occupying the throne. While he is the rightful King, He's become bit of a tyrant. He's like King Aerys II Targaryen of my world. Ever since he lost his Queen to the birth of his son, he's become ruthless.
    His son and heir Prince Henry Delre is sort of similar Robert Baratheon, but also he's like King Arthur Pendragon.
    I do wish there was more to do around the Castle and in the Kingdom.
    I'm currently having King Phillip in the works of crafting an arranged marriage between the Prince Henry and Lady Cora of Hoggarth.
    If we're talking Decree's, I want really impactful decrees.
    Sure the Silly ones, are fun, but I also want dramatic Decrees.

With Realm of Magic I was able to add the Mages of Briarheart, with Archmage Lord Daerick Charmont, who upholds the Traditions and Culture of Briarheart. The Charmont brothers are of the most powerful ancient bloodline Sorcerers to live. Under Lord Daerick, His young twin brother Lord Kaegan, Manages their home Chateau de Charmont in the North, while Daerick is away at court, and the College of Mages, (sort of like the Vatican), a Library/Museum that contains all the Spell books, lore books, ancient Magical artifacts, and Knowledge of Briarheart. In his spare time, Kaegan Loves to hang out with his friends, William Shakespeare, Leonardo DaVinci and The Grimm Brothers, converse tell stories, and bounce ideas around.

I wanted to add the Knights of Briarheart, I would have Lord Defender Christoph Hoggarth, serve as the King's Guard, Protectors of the realm, who uphold law and provide justice security in every day affairs of Briarheart. the Hoggarth Family are also one of the oldest families in Briarheart. Lord Christoph has vast land holdings in the western region, and provides food to the Kingdom. Christoph has several sons and daughters. His eldest sons an daughters serve as Knights of Briarheart, and his wife Olivia, and their youngest sons and daughters manage Hoggarth Farm. His Youngest son, Lord Vincent, oversees the Knight's Hall (a Gym/The Armory). His friends and servants, Hunter, Sebastian, Nicholas, and Alexander would Make Armor, weapons and shields to for the knights, Decorative Wall mounts, and Functional in battle.

So yeah I would Love to see Sword fighting, Archery, as long as Sims would be able to use the woodworking bench to be able to craft bows and shields, and Blacksmithing to forge Swords, Maces, Axes, and armor. Get Famous, offers sword fighting for show, would just copy that, and Get together's, Knights armor. I would just love to see sword fights.

I would Love to see Jousting. In this regard I Need horses.
    maybe Human Chess.
    Definitely would love to throw a Ball.
    I've tried to throw extravagant feasts during Thanks Giving and Christmas, but it didn't particularly work. Thank God for magic, and Duplicating dishes saved the day... I was suppose to do something for Easter, but It didn't happen.

The thing is, I want a way for my King, or the royal family to command their Servants, Butlers, Maids, Gardeners, Cooks to do exactly as the royals need.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    yes I want this
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I'm playing modern day Westeros. So far I have House Stark (Newcrest), House Gardener (Willow Creek), and, most recently, House Lannister (Brindleton Bay), all with their heads of house as kings of their respective home regions. I will gradually bring in the other royal houses that existed prior to the Targaryen conquest, and daughters of the main families will marry banner lords for their respective region if they marry NPCs, otherwise they will marry existing played characters. So far the eldest 2 daughters of House Stark have married lords Bolton and Umber, and the youngest daughter will be marrying the heir to Highgarden. The eldest Gardener princess married Lord Redwyne. The Targaryens will be last to join the game, of course. So yes, a fully fleshed out monarchy system would suit me very well!

I also have the Children of the Forest and an Other (white walker) in Forgotten Hollow but I got bored of playing them so they were relegated to unplayed sims in "my households" so I can track them.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited May 2020
    Hi simmers! I know we all have different play styles so I'm not sure how well received this idea will be but I frequently play with sims who are royalty so I thought this would be a fun idea for a pack. A lot of the ideas here are inspired by the quest in The Sims Freeplay. Even if this type of content isn't exactly your cup of tea I'd love to know what you think and if there is anything you'd like to see in a hypothetical pack like this.

The Sims 4: Royal Lineage

Your sims can know become the monarch of land! after choosing from a variety of royal and imperial titles (King/Queen, Emperor/Empress + the option to customize titles) hey can sit on their thrones and issue royal decrees that affect the whole kingdom. Royal Decrees range from silly hats to serious business.

Royal Decrees:
    - Lower Taxes. (Monarch's pension increases. However, bills for all households in the kingdom will increase and Monarch's popularity decreases.)
    - Raise Taxes. (Bill's for all households in the kingdom will decrease, The Monarch becomes more popular. However Monarch's Pension decreases.)
    - World Peace Decree. (All sims in the kingdom get a "peaceful" buff which lasts for a day. Sims make friends much easier and relationships don't decrease as much.
    - Funny Hats Decree. (All sims in the kingdom will wear hats for a day)
    - Let Them Eat Cake! (All sims in the kingdom will be sent a cake in the mail. Their is a 50/50 chance that this decree will make your Monarch adored or despised.)

Palaces

The Royal/Imperial Palace is the seat of the monarchy and home of the royal family. Only one may be built in each neighborhood and afterwards one sim in the household may declare themselves the Monarch of the land and the neighborhood becomes their kingdom/empire.

Nobility

The Monarch may elevate any sim they choose to a noble and bestow upon them a title. This title as well may also be customized. The Monarch may also decide in which order nobles are ranked and which noble titles there are.

Events

- Royal Ball: Sims may enjoy dressing up in their finest attire and dancing the night away! Make sure you brush up on your ballroom dancing skills as to not embarrass yourself in the company of such important guests.
    - Tea party: Enjoy a variety of delightful teas calming chamomile to divine blossoming tea and delicious pastries in the company of your closest confidantes.
    - Coronation: Mark the beginning of a new reign with a coronation. After declaring themselves the Monarch or inheriting the throne your sim may celebrate with pomp and circumstance and crown themselves along with their consort if they have one.
    - State Banquet: Entertain important guests and celebrate at the royal banquet where butlers cater to your whims.

Skills & Activities

- Ballroom Dancing: Learn a variety of dances from the simple slow dance to the awe inspiring Viennese Waltz.
    - Archery
    - Fencing
    - Etiquette: Learn to be polite and master the art of manners. Know when to bow or curtsy and who bow and curtsy to Sims may be tutored in this skill or learn it themselves through experience and skill books. Occasionally while reading the skill book sims will walk around and attempt to balance the book upon their head. Sims who max out this skill will receive the "Proper" trait. They will know always succeed with social graces and have a variety of fun interactions exclusive to them.
    - Jewelry Making (?)

Heirs & Inheritance

In order to continue their legacy a Monarch must either choose an heir or write inheritance laws. Rules include the the typical options of male or female preference as well as other qualifications such as skill level or something more out their like hair colour.

Clothing

Includes new formal dress from a variety of cultures such as tiaras, crowns, ballgowns, dress uniforms, sashes, etc. Also outfits for tea parties and events such as tea dresses and fascinators. Maybe even some fairy tale inspired royal clothing.

Build/Buy

Objects to build elegant palaces, majestic castles, and forbidding fortresses. Also a variety of Baroque, Rococo furnishings to deck out your palace.

New Neighborhood

A European world like Germany or the U.K. would seem like the best option for a pack like this but Windenburg is already too much like this. Howver I think a neighborhood inspired by St. Petersburg in Russia would be a good fit.

Other Fun Ideas

New Collection:
    If you have more than two Monarchs in your game they can send each other orders to decorate their sashes or rare royal jewels.

The Frog Prince:
    A new rare frog can be found by your sims. The frog will have a little crown on it's head indicating it's royal status. There is a 50% chance the frog will become a prince or princess depending on your sims gender preference. If your sim is royalty or a good sim the chance of the frog becoming a prince(ss) increases to 75%. However, if your sim is evil or mean the chance of the frog becoming a prince(ss) decreases to 25%.

We've discussed this before but your ideas look good. I'd love Royalty, especially to put in some of the beautiful palaces and castles some Simmers put on the Gallery.

Have you seen 'Stonegate Castle' a Maxis fave. I wish I could do that. :o

• puertoricanthangpuertoricanthang Posts: 88 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    I love the ideas! Though it's not my gameplay style, but this is interesting! Perhaps, we could probably get something on Medieval or Fairy Tale themes pack in the future?

@xamira99 I'm glad you like it it! I really hope that if a pack comes out that it can be a catch all for those medieval and fantasy themes, with medieval styled CAS and Build/Buy items as well as frog princes and other fairy tale tale elements (magic mirrors, fairy godmothers and genies?) while also have items for modern royals as well as a fleshed out royal court and dynasty system.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Yes, we need a Royalty pack.
    I would so love a Camelot & War of the Roses in Sims 4.

@SERVERFRA Yes! Maybe we could have rivalries between different royal houses? Perhaps two monarchs could have a sword fighting duel and the winner gets be the monarch of the losers kingdom.
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Yeah I love the royalty mod that I play with:
    https://llazyneiph.tumblr.com/royalty-mod

I have a medieval-fantasy Save, and the House Delre, has ruled over the Kingdom of Briarheart for 5 centuries.
    I've been using Windenburg and Glimmerbrooke as my Main Kingdom.
    I would love more worlds with a historical, country-side setting. I hate modern settings.
    I'm hoping for a farming pack with a Tuscany, Italy Setting. But I would Love a French, English, Irish world for a Royal Pack.
    One thing I would want for castles, is an increase on the number of floors. Right now we are capped at 4 floors, 5 if you build turrets. But I would like to build 6-7 floors above ground, really give my castle that domineering look, and more creativity in it's floor plans.

Currently I have King Phillip Delre occupying the throne. While he is the rightful King, He's become bit of a tyrant. He's like King Aerys II Targaryen of my world. Ever since he lost his Queen to the birth of his son, he's become ruthless.
    His son and heir Prince Henry Delre is sort of similar Robert Baratheon, but also he's like King Arthur Pendragon.
    I do wish there was more to do around the Castle and in the Kingdom.
    I'm currently having King Phillip in the works of crafting an arranged marriage between the Prince Henry and Lady Cora of Hoggarth.
    If we're talking Decree's, I want really impactful decrees.
    Sure the Silly ones, are fun, but I also want dramatic Decrees.

With Realm of Magic I was able to add the Mages of Briarheart, with Archmage Lord Daerick Charmont, who upholds the Traditions and Culture of Briarheart. The Charmont brothers are of the most powerful ancient bloodline Sorcerers to live. Under Lord Daerick, His young twin brother Lord Kaegan, Manages their home Chateau de Charmont in the North, while Daerick is away at court, and the College of Mages, (sort of like the Vatican), a Library/Museum that contains all the Spell books, lore books, ancient Magical artifacts, and Knowledge of Briarheart. In his spare time, Kaegan Loves to hang out with his friends, William Shakespeare, Leonardo DaVinci and The Grimm Brothers, converse tell stories, and bounce ideas around.

I wanted to add the Knights of Briarheart, I would have Lord Defender Christoph Hoggarth, serve as the King's Guard, Protectors of the realm, who uphold law and provide justice security in every day affairs of Briarheart. the Hoggarth Family are also one of the oldest families in Briarheart. Lord Christoph has vast land holdings in the western region, and provides food to the Kingdom. Christoph has several sons and daughters. His eldest sons an daughters serve as Knights of Briarheart, and his wife Olivia, and their youngest sons and daughters manage Hoggarth Farm. His Youngest son, Lord Vincent, oversees the Knight's Hall (a Gym/The Armory). His friends and servants, Hunter, Sebastian, Nicholas, and Alexander would Make Armor, weapons and shields to for the knights.

So yeah I would Love to see Sword fighting, Archery, as long as Sims would be able to use the woodworking bench to be able to craft bows and shields, and Blacksmithing to forge Swords, Maces, Axes, and armor. Get Famous, offers sword fighting for show, would just copy that, and Get together's, Knights armor. I would just love to see sword fights.

I would Love to see Jousting. In this regard I Need horses.
    maybe Human Chess.
    Definitely would love to throw a Ball.
    I've tried to throw extravagant feasts during Thanks Giving and Christmas, but it didn't particularly work. Thank God for magic, and Duplicating dishes saved the day... I was suppose to do something for Easter, but It didn't happen.

The thing is, I want a way for my King, or the royal family to command their Servants, Butlers, Maids, Gardeners, Cooks to do exactly as the royals need.

It would be nice to get new objects to craft on the woodworking bench. Correct me if I'm wrong but we haven't gotten anything since launch? Also, I recently got that mod as well and it's a lot of fun to play with.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    @puertoricanthang the only thing I wish could be added to that Mod would be the ability to have more then one royal family per game.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    edited May 2020
    @MadameLee you can have more than one. Just assign the Monarch trait to the ruler of the other family and he/she can assign the crown royal trait to his family members
  • moomoo Posts: 81 Member
    This sounds really fun. I play mainly families with a more modest lifestyle but I would definitely be up for this! I also think it would be cool to add the option for royals to support a cause(s)- I'm from the UK and our royals all support various charities and are patrons for this. Could be nice to have a variety of options for them to support and maybe a semi-active royal 'career' where they can promote their cause at functions, interact with those their chosen charity supports and other similar concepts. Or even if it wasn't semi-active, it would be a nice addition to have the choice for royals to have that 'career' (they don't have to necessarily earn money from it as they could just earn taxes, so it could be optional). It could even change how the other sims view the royals- negatively if they don't do any charity work, positively if they get extra involved; younger royals could choose to support less traditional causes and this could be met with mixed reactions (reflective of how Princess Diana didn't shy away from taboo but important areas, and how the modern royals are big on mental health advocacy etc!).

Also, maybe like a 'rebellious royal' idea- someone choosing not to be the heir, perhaps because of love or maybe they just don't want to be the monarch, or like the younger generation wanting to move royalty to a more modern version!

But anyway, I'm getting super carried away, there's a channel on tv here that keeps showing royal family documentaries on Saturday nights, so these ideas have popped into my head based on some of those a bit haha. Love the detail and thought you put into your ideas for this! Would definitely be cool to see! :)
    Gallery name is 2000_mollymoo💙