Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Studio Doesn't have a CAS batch fix for Mages/Spellcasters

Hi, can anyone help me with this? I have mods that are not working for my mages and I can't fix it through Sims 4 Studio because there literally isn't a batch fix option for them. There's a batch fix for merfolk but not for mages and if this could be fixed that would be fantastic. Does anyone know who updates the Sims 4 Studio and how that works so my mages can have mods and custom content?

Comments

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I recommend not using any mods or cc, they tend to bugger up the game.
  • Options
    rhypuppyrhypuppy Posts: 31 Member
    edited May 2020
    I love using mods and CC though. Everybody uses them. The game wouldn't be nearly as good if it wasn't thanks to the spectacular modding community. It's nice to have customization options for your Sims especially the Occult ones. Sims 4 Studio doesn't have a batch fix for the spellcasters/mages and they really should update it so that it has one.

@SERVERFRA
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    rhypuppy wrote: »
    I love using mods and CC though. Everybody uses them.
    @SERVERFRA

No, not everyone does.

If a mod lacks a feature you'd need, you should ask the person who created (and, hopefully, supports) the mod for an update.
  • Options
    PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I recommend not using any mods or cc, they tend to bugger up the game.

Only when used improperly.

However, if you're having issues with a mod or CC file, the best person to direct your question to is the person who made the mod or CC file in the first place.
  • Options
    @Phantomflex

Yeah I've asked a couple. The problem is it's a LOT of mods. There is so many and CC especially that blatantly does not work for the mages. I had a bunch of CC that didn't work for the Merfolk, I did a batch fix, instant solve. But there's no batch fix for mages. How did they make a batch fix for Merfolk first when we got mages first? They should seriously make a batch fix for them. I've tried going in and fixing them manually from the Sims 4 Studio but that's weird for a few reasons.

#1. In the Occult tag there is no spellcasters. They're straight up not there. There is a "witch" tag underneath the clothes category, which if that works then great. But why the heck is it not the Occult tag to begin with?

#2. Some mods actually do not show a model and if there's no model you don't get that list of tags. I have a really nice set of lip presets if I click on them the model doesn't appear which means that list of tags doesn't appear so I can't select the witch tag anyway.

#3. Doing it manually means that you have to go through each and every single mod individually. That's a lot of mod. Lots of people like me have 600+ mods.

#4. The witch tag still doesn't work for certain items and that's probably just because of how the mod was made. But there's usually a batch fix for that that solves that issue anyway. But not for Spellcasters apparently. This is a glaring issue and I think they should fix it. I would love to do it myself but I don't know how. And why are they being excluded from batch fixes in the first place? All of the other Occult Sims are there. Pets are there. Spellcasters should be there with fixes.
  • Options
    @Sindocat Okay, sorry I generalized statement. Not everyone uses mods but a BUNCH of people do and a lot of people use tons of mods. There are people that have way more mods than what I have. There's nothing wrong with using mods and CC in your video games. It just means stuff like this can happen sometimes and while it sucks that's just the nature of it.

That being said, there should STILL be a batch fix for Spellcasters. They have a batch fix for CAS items for every single other Occult Sim, pets, and regular Sims. There should be one for Spellcasters. Secondly, that is a LOT of people to have to message. I modded my game for the first time in two years yesterday and at least half of my new ones, a bunch of my old ones as well don't work for Spellcasters. That's easily like 500 mods/CC. I don't even know all of the people that made all of these. Plus, there's no guarantee that they're going to answer me. People are really busy, they might not make mods/CC or play Sims at all anymore, etc. People and things change. Just contacting the content creator doesn't always work sadly. I've contacted at least four of them and so far no one has gotten back to me.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Hmm, that's strange. I noticed that they do have Spellcasters mentioned in the notes for updating the tag list but nothing about batch fixes.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    @LiELF Oh really? Well at least they're going to update the tag list because they really should. Spellcasters need to be under the Occult label. I seriously hope they had a batch fix for them. All the other Occult Sims do, regular Sims do, pets, Merfolk which are the newest Occult Sims. And thankfully I'm not the only one who had this issue :'( I really hope they add a batch fix for it because it seriously needs one.
  • Options
    @LiELF Oh really? Well at least they're going to update the tag list because they really should. Spellcasters need to be under the Occult label. I seriously hope they had a batch fix for them. All the other Occult Sims do, regular Sims do, pets, Merfolk which are the newest Occult Sims. And thankfully I'm not the only one who had this issue :'( I really hope they add a batch fix for it because it seriously needs one.

Yeah, according to their notes they already added the tag in September. But I looked in the batch fix section and they don't have any batch fixes for Spellcasters. I just updated my S4S last week, so it's the most recent. I haven't personally needed to do a batch fix myself so I can't say much more about it at this point. Hopefully someone will get back to you about it.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    @LiELF Yikes. That's not very good news. But thank you so much for your help and keeping me in formed. I've never used forums before so I've been having a hard time figuring out how to communicate with people about things on here.
  • Options
    ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    @LiELF Yikes. That's not very good news. But thank you so much for your help and keeping me in formed. I've never used forums before so I've been having a hard time figuring out how to communicate with people about things on here.

Do you have the mCCC mod, and joined their discord? i am not sure what Batchfixes even are, but i know they are really helpful in there finding errors and such with the mods, and they might also know some of those who need updating for, but they might take a while because they arent online all the tim... but they might be able to help you out more... i know there is also a CC and mod section on this forum you could try...
  • Options
    That's true, you could try posting in the CC/mod section of the forums, like ladybug said. There are a lot of knowledgeable people over there who might have suggestions.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    @ladybugjosie23
    @LiELF

Oh! I have not heard of this! Thank you very much! I will try this and check this out. Thank you so much for the advice and input! I really appreciate it! :D.