Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like another vacation world or a hotel system?

Comments

• joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    both
    But if it's one or the other... then a hotel and rental cabin system.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    hotel system
    I dislike destination worlds bc I want to be able to live in any world. I've had my sim travel the world by temporarily living in generic lots that are (in my mind) bed and breakfasts, but it would be nice to have more in-depth, "real" vacations. I would love to build my own hotels and resorts!
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    both
    I think the next vacation game pack should come with a HOTEL lot type. This way we can add hotels to any world we want. It also would add value to whatever pack this lot type arrives in!
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited May 2020
    both
    It would be nice if we could set up homes to be a bed and breakfast as well as have hotels.
    I would like set up B&Bs so my sims can visit other towns using their vacation times.

Along with that, it would be great if EA could decide where these worlds are located in relation to each other
    and have a majority of pedestrian traffic be made up of townies and sims with homes be from that town and the nearest towns.
    A few sims from distant worlds would be vacationing in the town you are currently playing.
    It would make me have to travel to meet distant sims, or be surprised to find one visiting, and just make the TS4 a little more immersive for me.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    hotel system
    I said hotel bc with that you can vacay anywhere, all cities/towns (why do we even call them worlds?) and we already have vacation workds that you can't just live in without mods or cheats.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • muzemuze Posts: 108 Member
    hotel system
    I don't use the vacation worlds that often so I'm more excited about the hotel system
  • A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    edited May 2020
    other(explain)
    I voted “other”. (How do you get the vote results bar to show up?)

I would rather have rental properties available in all the worlds (those you can own and make money off of like the property system in Sims3 as well as be able to rent for either a vacation or like an apartment). If we had this then we wouldn’t need vacation only worlds we could use worlds like Sulani for vacations and you could have both residential lots and rental lots. I would love a world with year round snow and skiing. We could also use some more stylish sweaters and long skirts or short skirts with leggings and boots that can be designated as cold weather attire.

• smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    both
    I can't possibly vote for just one, we need both. A real vacation place that isn't in the woods or jungle would be nice and a hotel system would be great, my sims would use both
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    both
    As a builder having another option to build in the sims would be fun. I like the idea of another place for going on holiday. I would love to see a beautiful ski lodge where my sims can ski and snowboard, have a cup of hot cocoa then afterwards woohoo by a nice roaring fire. If we can have shower woohoo and see nothing and hot tub and see nothing that would give the game an M rating they can do woohoo by the fire and still keep a T rating. If I offended anyone then I'm sorry.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    both
    I'm expecting EP10 to be a winter vacation with hotels.
  • CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    both
    I'd like an opportunity for hotels wherever I feel like placing them - in RL, hotels are in cities, beach resorts, jungles, etc. Make the system tied to the lot not the map/world (and in doing so, it'd be nice to do the same for apartments). Perhaps also consider B&Bs as well, and owning hotels or B&Bs. Then the world I'd like with said system is a ski resort, because that's something we don't yet have. Skiing, sledging, snowboarding are what you do, plus the already in-game cafe and hot chocolates come together in a lodge at the end of the ski run.
  • bsasinbsasin Posts: 33 Member
    both
    I want all worlds to have the options of rentals, apartments, resorts/hotels, and bed and breakfasts. I also want spas, gyms, stores, bars, cafes, cafeterias, restaurants, and even activities to all be available on one lot type. That way I can build an apartment over a bodega, a luxury apartment building with a gym and pool, an Airbnb on a vineyard or farm where I have a wedding. I also want rentals to be an option on beds and tents, or at the least on doors, not “set” like Sims 3. That way I can have a glamping camp in Granite Falls, a luxury resort with a snorkel guide and boat rentals in Sulani, a homey cottage B&an in Windenburg, a ski lodge, a modern hotel with a piano bar in San Mysuno, a safari base camp, a cheap backpacking hostel in Selvadorada, a cande cod style country club hotel in Brindleton Bay, etc etc.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    other(explain)
    Really all I want to do is go to smaller motels or Bed and Breakfasts. I have a hard time thinking about running or even sending my sims to a large hotel, but if we get it as long as I can pair it down some and make it simpler I'll give it a try. As for vacation worlds... those are nice too, still lots of world types I'd like to see.
    egTcBMc.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    both
    Both. The two go together.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    both
    I'd certainly like my newlywed sims to go on a beautiful romantic vacation where they wont be attacked by bugs or poison or something. If Sulani was a destination world, it'd be ideal. Also, Ive built hotels and motels and I really want them to be useable.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    hotel system
    I'd actually love both but I think I would want hotel lot types just a little more. The rental lots we have now are ok but I would like more resort options.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Stylish_SimmerStylish_Simmer Posts: 26 Member
    both
    I think there should be a hotel inside a vacation world!
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    edited May 2020
    hotel system
    Didn't finish reading, but I want both. I want to vacation in existing worlds, and have more options for vacation-only worlds as well. Hotels would be great in places like Sulani, or even a theme park world.
    Proud simmer
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    both
    Both!

I'd love a Winter Resort EP....With an Alpes inspired vacation world, the ability to book vacations ahead of time, with hotels/resorts that have a front desk to check in, room service and heated pools, ski lodges where sims can buy snow gear, hot cocoa and souvenirs, activities like skiing, snowboarding and ice climbing, snowmobiles as a new transport method, hot springs (warm swimmable open area water), ground hot tubs, firepits, etc.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    both
    ryttu3k wrote: »
    Both would be perfect - introduce a new destination world and the hotel mechanics at the same time, which can then be applied to Selvadorada and Granite Falls (and others - Sulani would be perfect) as well.

Knowing the sims team currently they will release a game pack of a hotel and a destination world as an EP.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    both
    sam123 wrote: »
    ryttu3k wrote: »
    Both would be perfect - introduce a new destination world and the hotel mechanics at the same time, which can then be applied to Selvadorada and Granite Falls (and others - Sulani would be perfect) as well.

Knowing the sims team currently they will release a game pack of a hotel and a destination world as an EP.

And the destination world's activities as a SP.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    both
    I would love both! I still enjoy Granite Falls and Selvadorada for vacations, and would love to have several more options for places like them for my Sims to unwind or honeymoon, and a hotel system would be awesome! I absolutely love KawaiiStacie’s Resorts and Hotels mod, which I have in my game now, but unfortunately it looks like she’s discontinued it and if it breaks with a patch that will be the end of that and my vacation spa in Sulani will end up bulldozed and replaced with a regular residence I suppose.
  • HallgerdHallgerd Posts: 43 Member
    other(explain)
    In total, both things and much more. I dream about setting the worlds in the game and choosing which will be residential and which holiday. I could choose a few worlds - the districts in which Sim lives and the rest (more exotic) could go on holiday, rent a house or buy a holiday home as it was in Sims 3. Own and manage a hotel there. He could also have a hotel, rooms for rent, an inn in his world, to which inhabitants of other worlds could come.
  • ElizaG2016ElizaG2016 Posts: 35 Member
    both
    Hallgerd wrote: »
    In total, both things and much more. I dream about setting the worlds in the game and choosing which will be residential and which holiday. I could choose a few worlds - the districts in which Sim lives and the rest (more exotic) could go on holiday, rent a house or buy a holiday home as it was in Sims 3. Own and manage a hotel there. He could also have a hotel, rooms for rent, an inn in his world, to which inhabitants of other worlds could come.

I definitely think there needs to be more flexibility when it comes to vacation worlds - not just strictly residential worlds or rentals. The current system is very limiting, and I know there are those who wish they could live in Selvadorada or vacation in Sulani. And honestly that's the way it should be - in any real-life travel destination, you're going to have locals and people who have moved there permanently. It just makes sense.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    both
    Both. It would be cool to have hotels for my sims to stay in. I have no interest in running them. They should have at least added the rental lot to be used in all worlds with island living that is my main issue with the whole vacation thing is having the rental lot tied to destination worlds. I want more destination worlds as jungle adventure and outdoor retreat are 2 of my favourite game packs and get so much use out of them. Throughout my time playing sims 4 I’ve made some memorable gameplay through the 2 destination worlds more than the normal ones.