Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issues with stray pets?

GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
Not sure when this issue started.

But whenever I try to invite a stray inside the action cancels.Other actions work okay, sometimes.
And a lot of times the strays will completely vanish off my lot.

I do have mods:
Most of Nraas Mods
Brntwaffles Graphics mod
Carpool disabler
No auto play in the ocean
No Shop from Fridge Mod
Recipe Mods
Poses
Shimrod's Townies out on the town
Buyable gift pile.
No put child down after bathing
Longer Seasons Mod
No Autosmart phone
Snow but better
Write thank you notes fixed
Job Overhaul Careers

The only one that I think "COULD" cause an issue would be out on the town, but I don't think it is.

Comments

• Options
    SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    If you mean cats and dogs I hardly ever see any in my games, maybe 4-6 times a year, and that's real life years, not sims years, and they're almost always running in high speed towards the woods and other unpopulated areas of the maps.

And if I hover over them with the cursor arrow it says that they're on their way home, which I find very strange since they're supposed to be homeless strays.

Oh, well, that's how it is with TS3, many strange things happening all the time.
  • Options
    I mean strays, yes.Only cats and dogs can be adopted aside from small critters but those aren’t considered strays.They show up all the time at my house and hang around.I can play and socialize with them but when I invite them in it cancels and then they vanish before my eyes like a reset.I managed to adopt one and gave it a name and as soon as I gave it a name the game either reset or deleted it
  • Options
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    SuzyCue72 wrote: »
    And if I hover over them with the cursor arrow it says that they're on their way home, which I find very strange since they're supposed to be homeless strays.

They do actually have a home, the place where they are spawned. They will go back to that place and disappear there.
  • Options
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    SuzyCue72 wrote: »

They do actually have a home, the place where they are spawned. They will go back to that place and disappear there.

I’m wondering if they are actually spawning on my lot which is why they disappear on my lot
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Is there a way to see the spawners for strays? Haven't thought of it before.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Cororon wrote: »
    Is there a way to see the spawners for strays? Haven't thought of it before.

No, there are no spawners. They're generated just like homeless/service sims. Each human has a specific lot they appear on. which is why some empty lots end up with the symbol for a built lot. It's because that's their home lot where they appear and disappear. I don't think animals necessarily spawn on lots, or even at the same place every time they appear, because I haven't paid as much attention to them, but wherever they appeared, that's the home they're going to before they disappear.