Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Baby Cribs

So... my sim is pregnant and I was adding a little nursery space in their Tiny Living home, nice bright and vibrant colours... and then there's the crib. Sigh.

05-10-20_11-46-45%C2%A0AM.png?dl=0

Why can't we have more crib designs? I'm sure it wouldn't take much to add a few in via a patch which would match the existing toddler beds.

Comments

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Totally agreed. I usually take the vampire crib, it's not so massive.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I've been using the RoM crib a lot because it's the one that, while the colours are muted, looks the nicest imo.

We really do need more cribs in the game.
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    The one from RoM is my favorite. Looks good anywhere.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    The ROM and Vampire cribs are so much nicer. It's a shame we didn't get a different type with Parenthood.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    sinrasinra Posts: 72 Member
    I want cribs, period. The ones we have are bassinets, not cribs.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I've been using the one from RoM recently, for all four of my legacy kids - they all used the same one, sold it now that the youngest aged up to toddler. I find that one quite versatile though.
    But I agree, we could do with more variety in baby furniture :)
    3282ebc7b9a2f708f486f0056198acbcb48a99a8.jpg
    51581347cf44b2ff86c8484fc929b1225cc245f0.jpg
    e8f080a373cded94a8c120c6af250f3970ded9aa.jpg
    55a3edd87bef202f3998dd6d366bd1cb0b21fd88.jpg
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    sinra wrote: »

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a baby overhaul. I'd welcome more baby furniture as well.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I want more, too. They add new cribs with new occults and I don't want to have them in my game with them so I don't purchase the packs. That means I only have the one base game bassinet and I am stuck with those 4 boring swatches. Yawn.
    We need more bassinets and we need them to be draggable!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @MDianaSims that does look lovely in those settings, but I still don't think it would look good with blocky colours and chunky modern furniture.
    @Mariefoxprice83 yes, Parenthood would have been the perfect EP for a whole new range of cribs and, yes @sinra proper cribs rather than bassinets would be awesome.

And why do they never provide a blanket option? Our poor babies get cold in the Winter.

I would also like to see a couple of pram options (carrycots on wheels). They don't need to go anywhere. Just static ones. When my kids were babies, they were kept in their carrycots in the living room during the day where I could be near them if they woke for a feed.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I use the ones from RoM and vampires. But we could do with more options. The base game one is huge and has very limited color options. I wish we had an easy way to change cribs.

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    sinra wrote: »

You saved me from saying that same thing! Nowadays the PacNPlays are the 'in' thing to use over the basic crib.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Cribs (and free babies) are super low on my priority list - I like the simple bassinet just fine, particularly as I seldom linger on the infant lifestage.

However, I am a fiend for design, and I'd be thrilled for those who DO care if more options - either a range of styles in bassinets, or actual cribs - were introduced.

Just because I don't need something doesn't mean it's not worth development.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Maybe we'll get more baby furniture when babies are freed up a little. Until then, it's a very short space of time.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Here's a true story about my baby:
    When she was a new born, I had her sleep in the laundry basket before I got to borrow a pretty bassinet.
    When she grew out of it at 3 months old I got her a crib & a playpen.
    When she was about 2 years old she slept in my old bed not a toddler's bed.
    And, I even had a rocking recliner chair to rock my baby girl.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Here's a true story about my baby:
    When she was a new born, I had her sleep in the laundry basket before I got to borrow a pretty bassinet.
    When she grew out of it at 3 months old I got her a crib & a playpen.
    When she was about 2 years old she slept in my old bed not a toddler's bed.
    And, I even had a rocking recliner chair to rock my baby girl.

Aww sweet! I would love it if the toddlers could sleep in normal beds or even the babies with baby pillows! When my niece was a small toddler she always wanted to sleep in my laundry basket when I had folded clean warm towels in it and left it in the living room. She'd try to take a nap in it just like my cat lol.
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I have no use for cribs period, even with babies. I consider them a peculiar 20th century notion that makes babies and parents miserable by separating them, going against evolutionary programming and instinct as many oddities of the 20th century did. But for those who like the idea, suit yourselves, and prepare to be up and down all night like a jack in the box because infant mammals are built to nurse and be in close contact with their mothers.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Vampiric and RoM cribs are much better in design. In addition, there is a mod that makes crib invisible, allowing you to place babies in CC ribs or on other objects.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Babies have been treated very badly in Sims4. I don't remember if we have seen anything new for them since the base game was released. I don't remember because I age them up to a toddler within hours of their birth. I think I do that for two reasons, number one being the fact they are tethered to an object that is unattractive and lacks style of any kind. Plus there is nothing to do with our Sim babies. I don't want to draw comparisons between iterations here, but I miss the various toys and activities the babies had that made playing with babies fun. The least the teams could have done was to add a mobile to the crib to make it seem as if the babies had more to do than lie in their bassinets and stare at the ceiling.
  • Options
    BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    As someone already said, what we have now are bassinets, not cribs. I have mods for cribs, but I shouldn't have to download mods for basic furniture for babies. I want REAL cribs.

Also, I want crib options for toddlers but that's a whole 'nother conversation...