Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wright Way Travel Adventures

Comments

• pinot_grigiopinot_grigio Posts: 91 Member
    Forums name/Gallery ID: pinot_grigio3

WordPress or blogging ID: pinot_grigio

Sim's name: Lana Collins

Where we can pick your Sim up: Del Sol Valley

Any special restrictions?: None!

Sim's bio : Lana is a creative, outgoing and bubbly girl who enjoys reading, cooking and painting. She is single at the moment and is looking for love. Lana grew up in Del Sol Valley because her mother is a director and her father is an aspiring actor. Lana dislikes everything about Del Sol Valley; she can't wait to move out of her family home and get away from the fame-obsessed lifestyle. Lana is currently studying to get into university - she wants to become a teacher someday. Lana is a major foodie and she is really keen to try lots of new foods on her trip.

Let us know why your Sim wants to take this particular trip: Lana wants to get away from the social-climbing sims she is surrounded by in Del Sol Valley and meet new and interesting sims who she can relate to. She is also hoping that she will visit a place on this trip that she may consider moving to.

Where your sim would like to go: Southern Elegance

49885850343_f07105ffc9_k.jpg

49886159581_8ebc2b57a8_h.jpg
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Yay, thank you for submitting @pinot_grigio. Lana will be a great addition.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • INFINILokiINFINILoki Posts: 25 Member
    May I reserve a spot?

Also am I allowed to submit twins? I promise i read everything, but either the ability to submit more then one person (in a household) went over my head and i didn't process it correctly or it wasn't mentioned... the first one is the more likely answer if I'm honest lol. I had the idea of making twins who wanted to change things up in their lives or something along those lines. Otherwise ill just use my selfsim most likely.
    INFINILoki wrote: »
    May I reserve a spot?

Also am I allowed to submit twins? I promise i read everything, but either the ability to submit more then one person (in a household) went over my head and i didn't process it correctly or it wasn't mentioned... the first one is the more likely answer if I'm honest lol. I had the idea of making twins who wanted to change things up in their lives or something along those lines. Otherwise ill just use my selfsim most likely.

Hi @INFINILoki, since people can bring pets on one of the trips, I'm willing to make an exception for twins. I'm a bit full on West Coast Wonders, but I still have plenty of room on Southern Elegance and about half my spots for East Coast Excursions. Thanks for your interest.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    > @AdamsEve1231 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Hi @INFINILoki, since people can bring pets on one of the trips, I'm willing to make an exception for twins. I'm a bit full on West Coast Wonders, but I still have plenty of room on Southern Elegance and about half my spots for East Coast Excursions. Thanks for your interest.

Awesome Thank you! I wouldn't mind seeing them on the southern elegance trip then! :D ill get to work on them as soon as i finish my collage HW for tonight. you should see them some time tomorrow :3 super excited!
  • MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    edited May 2020
    Your forums name/Gallery ID: MINEZ/writerboy08

Your WordPress or blogging ID so I know that you commented: MINEZ

Your Sim's name: Mira Hart

Where we can pick your Sim up... SimCity

Any special restrictions? Must have Coffee every morning...and sometimes in the afternoon

Your Sim's bio : Mira's a nurse who's known for her perk, smile, and dependability. She never meets a strager.Her patients always love her, even though some would never admit it. The staff has become dependent on her surprisingly insightful perspective on things, often being the voice of the unseen issues that would otherwise be overlooked. She is often seen a happy go lucky girl who has it all figured out, but appearances aren't always true. Mira is a deep thinker and feeler. After her father's passing, Mira became the glue of the family piecing everyone else back together, absorbing their pain making sure everyone was ok. Five years later, She has finally reached a point where she's begun to crack. Taking on everyone's problems while ignoring her own has lead her to finally take on more than a hobby, but an adventure. A vacation may help her find remember who she use to be.

Let us know why your Sim wants to take this particular trip. Mira is wanting to treat herself to a trip where she doesn't have to worry or cater to anyone. She's also hoping to just relax and have fun. Meet new people and immerse herself in a new adventure. Maybe even plant new roots.

Where your sim would like to go
    : Southern Elegance

Mira Hart - Aspiration: Friend of the World- Traits: Cheerful,Creative, and Genius (Bonus traits:Good Manners,Compassionate, and Responsible)

eblsxXJ.png

Post edited by MINEZ on
    Oh my goodness, I am so sorry. I haven't forgotten about this! my day just didn't go as planned so i didn't manage to get this done! woke up to get some water and remembered i have yet to post. So i hoped on my laptop just to let you know. I'm sorry for the inconvenience!
    Thank you @MINEZ for your submission! Mira will receive some much needed R&R on the trip. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Oh my goodness, I am so sorry. I haven't forgotten about this! my day just didn't go as planned so i didn't manage to get this done! woke up to get some water and remembered i have yet to post. So i hoped on my laptop just to let you know. I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

You've got time, @INFINILoki. No worries. The deadline to submit is a week from today on the 22nd, and technically the rule above states you have 5 days to submit a Sim once you've posted an inquiry, which would be Monday or Tuesday next week. Something like that. Nothing's hard and fast really. I just wanted to make sure people remember to submit within a reasonable timeframe. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited May 2020
    @lilypadmeulin, @15aewar, @CathyTea, @Simslover163, @divanthesimmer, @MadameLee, @VanPelt81, @pinot_grigio, @INFINILoki, @MINEZ

I've been holding off posting what trip I'll be taking first, and where everyone's spots are reserved, mostly because I wanted to wait until the deadline. At this point, the results have tipped very strongly in favor of one particular trip (you might be able to guess) and slots for that trip are full. However, I'd like your opinion.

I'm happy to wait until next Friday to allow additional submissions and voting. OR I can continue to take submissions for 2 of the trips until next Friday and announce the most popular one with its reserved spots this weekend.

Either way, if your Sim doesn't make it into round 1, you'll definitely be featured in the future and your spot is reserved regardless.

Feel free to reply here, over on the blog, or PM me.

Thanks!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @everyone also, I'm thinking of bolstering East Coast Excursions by adding Wintonborough, featured in Livin' A Simmin' Life (my Simselfie's sister lives there with @MINEZ's submitted Sim, Sammy) and possibly Hollidaysburg (featured in Home for the Holidays) since both cities are on the "eastern coast" of my Sim world.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 I'm good with whatever you decide. All the submissions look and sound good.

Mira can be used however you see fit
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/9VrVlbI.png[/img]
    Your forums name/Gallery ID: INFINILoki /Siridess (Sim Gallery ID)
    Your WordPress or blogging ID: infiniloki
    Your Sim's name: Abora and Arious Orialus
    Where we can pick your Sim up: Glimmerbrook
    Any special restrictions?: None
    Your Sim's bio:

A Long time ago the Orialus family were very powerful witches and wizards alike. One day a baby without the family magic was born. His name was Cornilious. He had one older brother who was the pride and joy of their parents, but he was left with a shadow and shoes of his brother he could not fill. Separating himself from his family he decided to scorn magic and its teachings, even if felt like something was missing in his life.

He found what he was missing with music, and a woman named Anola Vanderdeen. He went on to have many children, all with little to no magic talent, or even connection with magic, he made sure to imprint upon them that magic was a fruitless endeavor and that real true magic is about the arts. All his Children took well to this teaching, also feeling bitter and scorned by a gift they couldn’t use…. that is until one day when his grandchildren were born.

Out of all his children, Antaria Orialous was perhaps the one who was most bitter about her lack of magic, and yet she was the only one to birth a pair of twins that seemed to actually thrive with the gift.

Little magical accidents happened all throughout their childhood. She forced them into various music lessons and skill classes, trying to stamp out their interest in learning more about the old family ways. It was nothing but nonsense to their family. To Antaria it was nothing but useless stick waving, gross herbal remedies and she was completely adamant her children would have nothing to do with.

The twins had other ideas. They practiced in secret, and got a basic idea of what they could do. One day they found some old albums and some journals in the attic, talking about magic! They had some magical family out there possibly, or even some clues to finding someone who could teach them properly.

They made a plan that day.

They would use all the skills they currently had to find odd jobs, and earn money. They would save up, find a small place to return to every once in a while, and travel the world looking for answers and all the magical wonders that the world had to offer.

They saved enough for a small place in glimmer brook and quickly looked up ways to travel somewhere new. Their adventure was just starting.

Why your Sim wants to take this particular trip:
    To find other magicals, meet people, see the world and find magic. Though both won’t admit it even to each other, that they hope to find some love along the way.
    picture didn't seem to work.. maybe....
    https://imgur.com/9VrVlbI
    edited May 2020
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/hD2ezBF.png[/img]
    Post edited by INFINILoki on
    last one! I wasn't sure if you needed like..brand new sims with no skills or...since i tweaked them a bit to work for this, they got skills already! if you need me to change that let me now and ill look for a cheat or something to make them blank.... or find an alternate upload in my personal gallery.
    shoot.. ok last one last one. I realize I forgot to mention they are called Orialus Twins on the Gallery....
    9VrVlbI.png
    Your forums name/Gallery ID: INFINILoki /Siridess (Sim Gallery ID)
    Your WordPress or blogging ID: infiniloki
    Your Sim's name: Abora and Arious Orialus
    Where we can pick your Sim up: Glimmerbrook
    Any special restrictions?: None
    Your Sim's bio:

A Long time ago the Orialus family were very powerful witches and wizards alike. One day a baby without the family magic was born. His name was Cornilious. He had one older brother who was the pride and joy of their parents, but he was left with a shadow and shoes of his brother he could not fill. Separating himself from his family he decided to scorn magic and its teachings, even if felt like something was missing in his life.

He found what he was missing with music, and a woman named Anola Vanderdeen. He went on to have many children, all with little to no magic talent, or even connection with magic, he made sure to imprint upon them that magic was a fruitless endeavor and that real true magic is about the arts. All his Children took well to this teaching, also feeling bitter and scorned by a gift they couldn’t use…. that is until one day when his grandchildren were born.

Out of all his children, Antaria Orialous was perhaps the one who was most bitter about her lack of magic, and yet she was the only one to birth a pair of twins that seemed to actually thrive with the gift.

Little magical accidents happened all throughout their childhood. She forced them into various music lessons and skill classes, trying to stamp out their interest in learning more about the old family ways. It was nothing but nonsense to their family. To Antaria it was nothing but useless stick waving, gross herbal remedies and she was completely adamant her children would have nothing to do with.

The twins had other ideas. They practiced in secret, and got a basic idea of what they could do. One day they found some old albums and some journals in the attic, talking about magic! They had some magical family out there possibly, or even some clues to finding someone who could teach them properly.

They made a plan that day.

They would use all the skills they currently had to find odd jobs, and earn money. They would save up, find a small place to return to every once in a while, and travel the world looking for answers and all the magical wonders that the world had to offer.

They saved enough for a small place in glimmer brook and quickly looked up ways to travel somewhere new. Their adventure was just starting.

Why your Sim wants to take this particular trip:
    To find other magicals, meet people, see the world and find magic. Though both won’t admit it even to each other, that they hope to find some love along the way.

What a cool story! Thanks for sharing. The pictures don't show through, but I can find them on the Gallery. If you're newer to the forums, you're restricted from sharing links and pictures, I think.

Your submissions can have skills. No worries. It makes Sims feel more realistic, imho.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited May 2020
    hD2ezBF.png

Oh wait... would you look at that? Cool. Picture showed up when I quoted so I'm trying again with this post. They are beautiful!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Awesome! im glad that worked! and thank you! They are definitely some of the favorite sims i ever made!
    My other set of Twins (Harly and Quinn), self sim and Marshall Lee are my other favs... XD
    And the winner is... Well, it was actually a tie! However, because more people "signed up" for one over the other, the first trip we will be taking is...

hayden-donnelly.png?w=775&h=275
    WEST COAST WONDERS: Experience the world of Simterra with world-renowed photojournalist, Hayden Donnelly.

West Coast Wonders: From the capitol of Cascadia, you’ll experience everything the city of San Myshuno has to offer from its picturesque sunsets to its sweeping grand views of the Bingo Sound to the colorful festivals held year-round. We’ll take a trip inland to the spooky Hidden Hollow, home to the reclusive vampires. Don’t worry about sunscreen. It’s fairly dark and dreary there in the haunted forests. The trip concludes in the gorgeous Granite Falls, the hidden gem of the Cascadian Mountains, with fishing in the crystal clear river, hikes through the national forest, and classic camping under the stars. You won’t want to miss this adventure!

The trip will be a total of 14 days:
    1 day for arrival and check-in, 5 full days in San Myshuno (1 for each district), 3 days in Hidden Hollow, 3 days in Granite Falls, and 1 free day either in Granite Falls or San Myshuno, and 1 day to travel back and check out (itinerary to come)

Travelers will include: 
    @lilypadmeulin Nia Whitmore from Willow Creek
    @CathyTea Cathy Tea from Del Sol Valley
    @Simslover163 Cheryl Richards from Newcrest
    @divanthesimmer Divan Lampright and DJ from Brindleton Bay
    @MadameLee Amelia Harris from Brindleton Bay
    @VanPelt81 Tyson Michaels from Willow Creek

I'm working on the hotel right now in San Myshuno. While in Hidden Hollow, you'll be staying at the Hollow Point Inn, a renovated b&b (the original was featured in Livin' A Simmin' Life, Part 2). While in Granite Falls, you'll spend 1 night at a lodge and 2 nights glamping in the forest or 1 night glamping and 2 nights at the lodge, dependent on your preferences. You'll have an opportunity to vote in the future and decide what you'd like to do with your free day!

Itinerary (to be updated):
    Day 1 - Torendi Tower Hotel - pop on over to the post to see Day 1's itinerary
    Day 2 - San Myshuno
    Day 3 - San Myshuno
    Day 4 - San Myshuno
    Day 5 - San Myshuno
    Day 6 - Myshuno Meadows 
    Day 7 - Hollow Point Inn 
    Day 8 - Hidden Hollow
    Day 9 - Hidden Hollow 
    Day 10 - Granite Falls 
    Day 11 - Granite Falls
    Day 12 - Granite Falls 
    Day 13 - Free Day 
    Day 14 - Goodbye Party in San Myshuno and Check-out 

For those of you who were selected, can you answer some questions? I've got a few mods in my game that allow for a little more randomness and some more personality.
    1. Star sign (If you don't want the game to randomly assign your Sim something, let me know your preference.)
    2. Career and/or university degree your Sim is pursuing (could be both / also unemployed at any income level is fine too and this will be the default unless you specify)
    3. What are 1-3 interests/hobbies your Sim has?
    4. What is one thing your Sim is doing to prepare for the trip? What is your Sim most looking forward to on Day 1? (read the post on the blog, if you haven't already, to help you answer this question)

If your Sim wasn't selected, don't worry. They will be featured in the future. Click under spoilers to see where the 2nd and 3rd trip will be and how many available spots remain...
    Southern Elegance
    @divanthesimmer Divan Lampright and DJ from Brindleton Bay
    @pinot_grigio Lana Collins from Del Sol Valley (Southern Elegance)
    @INFINILoki Abora and Arious Orialus
    @MINEZ Mira Hart from Sim City
    1 spot still available!!

East Coast Excursions
    ...which will now include both Brindleton Bay and Wintonborough
    @15aewar Robina Larker and Winston from Britechester
    @CathyTea Cathy Tea from Del Sol Valley
    @VanPelt81 Tyson Michaels from Willow Creek
    3 spots still available!!

Feel free to tell your friends or submit another Sim for the available spots. The more the merrier!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    @GLovely1 Hey Lisa! I know you like casting calls, so wondered if you'd be interested in submitting someone for this. :)
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited May 2020
    @AdamsEve1231 Here's my answers to your questions! :)

1. Star sign: Virgo
    2. Career and/or university degree your Sim is pursuing: Tech Guru
    3. What are 1-3 interests/hobbies your Sim has? Video games, playing with his dog and writing stories based on the games he plays (he wants to be a video game designer one day and write the plot for the game as well).
    4. What is one thing your Sim is doing to prepare for the trip? What is your Sim most looking forward to on Day 1? He'll prepare himself mentally to be around all the other travellers - he feels a little awkward around a large group of Sims (though he knows Cathy). He's looking forward to seeing the city, trying out new dishes and hanging out at the cafe (playing games) and reading new books at the library. He's also looking forward to hanging out with his friend and old college professor, Cathy (I know you haven't written about them in H4TH yet, but you could pretend that happened a few years ago).

PS: If you want, you can give him the Loner trait as well (and maybe Art Lover, Music Lover, Bookworm, Perfectionist and Unflirty).
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    1. Star sign (If you don't want the game to randomly assign your Sim something, let me know your preference.): Cancer
    2. Career and/or university degree your Sim is pursuing (could be both / also unemployed at any income level is fine too and this will be the default unless you specify): Retired college professor
    3. What are 1-3 interests/hobbies your Sim has? Birdwatching, playing piano, painting, reading, playing video games, researching on the web
    4. What is one thing your Sim is doing to prepare for the trip? What is your Sim most looking forward to on Day 1? (read the post on the blog, if you haven't already, to help you answer this question) My Sim is most looking forward to hanging out with Divan, Amelia, and SimsLovers' Sim! And meeting all the others on the trip! Then, spending lots of time alone to sort of decompress from having been around people! LOL!

Supper sounds really cool! My Sim will love something vegan! And.... did you say Akira? I hope my Sim doesn't faint. She's a HUGE fangirl. In fact, Akira features in one of the stories she writes, Sierra and the S-Boys! Oh, boy! Get ready for heavy-duty fangirling!!!!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    edited May 2020
    1. Star sign: Pisces!
    2. Career and/or university degree your Sim is pursuing:Currently unemployed, but has dreams of hosting a TV show or acting!
    3. What are 1-3 interests/hobbies your Sim has? Reading romance novels, painting watercolours, and socialising!
    4. What is one thing your Sim is doing to prepare for the trip? What is your Sim most looking forward to on Day 1? Getting to know everyone else!

I'm legitimately so excited for this!