Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin is trying to install Legacy Edition of TS4

Hi all,

My mum had TS4 with the 'Legacy Edition' extra content installed on her old laptop, as it was a 32bit system.

However, she now has a new laptop which is 64bit. I installed The Sims 4 and unchecked the box asking if I wanted to install the 'extra content', which was the legacy edition addition for the game (which I had installed on her old laptop). I assumed Origin would realise this meant the legacy edition wasn't needed.

However, when Origin was later opened up a second time, it started to try to install the legacy addition 'add on'- this is because I think Origin groups the legacy edition in with 'extra content' for the sims 4, so it's as if Origin is treating this extension as bought content (like DLC).

Does anyone know how I can make Origin stop trying to install the legacy edition whenever Origin opens up, so that installation doesn't need to be manually stopped every time the Origin application is opened? Can I remove the legacy edition from my mum's origin library so it's not sat there under 'new content ready to be installed'? Thank you!!!

(I've never had this problem personally as I have always played TS4 on 64bit systems).
Gallery name is 2000_mollymoo💙

Comments

• Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    I had a similar issue with Origin trying to install the Legacy Edition, even though I have a 64-bit computer. In my case, I accidentally clicked the install button and then immediately cancelled it once I realized what it was. Every time I started Origin after that, it tried to install the Legacy Edition. It only stopped when I turned off auto-updates.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    moomoo Posts: 81 Member
    I had a similar issue with Origin trying to install the Legacy Edition, even though I have a 64-bit computer. In my case, I accidentally clicked the install button and then immediately cancelled it once I realized what it was. Every time I started Origin after that, it tried to install the Legacy Edition. It only stopped when I turned off auto-updates.

Ahh that's what I've done so far... was hoping there was a way to stop it without having to turn auto updates off :( I wonder if they could remove the legacy addon from my mum's account if I get her to get in touch with their live help team :/
  • Options
    moo wrote: »

Ahh that's what I've done so far... was hoping there was a way to stop it without having to turn auto updates off :( I wonder if they could remove the legacy addon from my mum's account if I get her to get in touch with their live help team :/

It's worth a try.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    When you go into your TS4 game on Origin and look at the Extra Content tab, does it actually say you have the Legacy Edition downloaded? I just checked mine, and it doesn't say I do, so I'm turning my auto updates back on to see if it still tries to download it.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 231 Member
    sorry complete technophobe here - what is the legacy edition I had the same problem thanks
  • Options
    foxybilly wrote: »
    sorry complete technophobe here - what is the legacy edition I had the same problem thanks

It's the 32-bit version of the game.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited May 2020
    Hi. I had the same problem its easily solved :) Contact origin via chat or local phone call . Explain that you need it removed. They will ask you security questions to confirm its your origin account. Once they happy its yours then they remove it from your origin que ;) They did it for me a while back when I accidently clicked it too ;) Happy simming.

Here is where I asked for help, I had so many issues LOL, hope you get yours sorted too ;)https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Error-327682-11-for-absolutely-no-reason/td-p/8714136
    Post edited by mcrudd on
  • Options
    > @floridameerkat said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > It's the 32-bit version of the game.

ok um I dont know the difference between 32 bit and whatever I'm using? sorry I don't know anything about the details of computers I just play the game on my Mac book - I only recently discovered why everything looked so flat was my graphics settings were set to low, putting them up to medium has given me shadows, pools/rivers/seas that are like mirrors gorgeous scenery now!!

Also I dont use mods as I wouldn't have a clue how to add them or take them off if there was an update and how to go into sims 4 files etc I really would not have a Scooby doo! Also no idea what clearing a cache means (Ive heard that mentioned loads of times on here but no clue how to do it!)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    edited May 2020
    foxybilly wrote: »
    > @floridameerkat said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > It's the 32-bit version of the game.

ok um I dont know the difference between 32 bit and whatever I'm using? sorry I don't know anything about the details of computers I just play the game on my Mac book - I only recently discovered why everything looked so flat was my graphics settings were set to low, putting them up to medium has given me shadows, pools/rivers/seas that are like mirrors gorgeous scenery now!!

Also I dont use mods as I wouldn't have a clue how to add them or take them off if there was an update and how to go into sims 4 files etc I really would not have a Scooby doo! Also no idea what clearing a cache means (Ive heard that mentioned loads of times on here but no clue how to do it!)

I just looked that one up. And it's what I thought it was. 32-bit and 64-bit pertain to PCs. You have a Mac, so I wouldn't think you'd have to worry about it. Just double-checked myself. Found this:

Go to the Apple Menu and select "About this Mac". If you have a Core Duo processor, you have a 32-bit CPU. Otherwise (Core 2 Duo, Xeon, i3, i5, i7, anything else), you have a 64-bit CPU. Mac OS X is fairly bitness-agnostic, so either should work.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    If you updated your Mac (or purchased a new one) to Catalina, you have to wait till they fix the 64 bit for the game. If the new computer came with something prior to Catalina (like El Capitan or Sierra, etc) then you can play with the legacy installer, just can't play anything after Island Living (I believe that was the last one). You will need the legacy edition to play the game prior to Catalina.
  • Options
    thank you - but I wouldn't have a clue. I bought my Mac 3 years ago and just do updates when it asks me too. Sorry Im not much good at this! I have Mac OS Mojave.
  • Options
    When you go into your TS4 game on Origin and look at the Extra Content tab, does it actually say you have the Legacy Edition downloaded? I just checked mine, and it doesn't say I do, so I'm turning my auto updates back on to see if it still tries to download it.

It did say I had it downloaded but I got in touch with the EA help live chat team and they were so helpful! Sorted it by removing it from my library in less than 10 mins :)
  • Options
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Hi. I had the same problem its easily solved :) Contact origin via chat or local phone call . Explain that you need it removed. They will ask you security questions to confirm its your origin account. Once they happy its yours then they remove it from your origin que ;) They did it for me a while back when I accidently clicked it too ;) Happy simming.

Here is where I asked for help, I had so many issues LOL, hope you get yours sorted too ;)https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Error-327682-11-for-absolutely-no-reason/td-p/8714136

Thank you so much!!! I went on EA's live chat and they sorted it for me by removing it from my mum's origin library. Took less than 10 mins, so thank you!
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited May 2020
    moo wrote: »

Thank you so much!!! I went on EA's live chat and they sorted it for me by removing it from my mum's origin library. Took less than 10 mins, so thank you!

Yay :) Its a huge pleasure, glad I could help, Happy simming <3
    Post edited by mcrudd on