Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play to change in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack!

Comments

• alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    xtianx wrote: »
    CelSims wrote: »
    I want occult content too. ... But you know, I can already hear the cries of, 'isn't this theme done to death?!?!?!!!!'

And that’s what must be the most difficult thing for the creative forces behind this series — keeping everyone happy, as best they can, and making it all fairly cohesive in spite of all the differences in themes. Many different kinds of people play this game in myriad ways and for many different reasons, and it’s definitely a beloved title — an iconic title, really — in its own niche and in gaming culture.

Several players played a Sims game when they first began playing video games and grew up with it, while other gamers (like me) have been playing video games for a while and picked this series up when it debuted twenty years ago. That’s a lot of different types of people to please, manage, and meet the expectations (in some cases the *demands*) of without alienating parts of the Sims community altogether.

When a supernatural title is announced, folk complain it’s too out there and comment on a forum post. When a more everyday-life type of title is announced, folk complain there aren’t enough mystical elements and comment on a forum post. When the title is a mix of the two styles of play, folk complain there aren’t enough of this thing or that thing or this or that is missing entirely and comment about it in a forum post (or Youtube video or whatever). The game’s creative staff can’t please any one type of player 100%, all throughout the game’s life cycle.

Given all of that, I think overall The Sims series has something in it for everyone, and the beauty of it is you don’t have to buy all the content, only the titles you like (or like me you can buy it all for the objects but never bother with certain worlds or storylines). What other game can you play as an alien, a vampire, a spellcaster, a suburbanite, a city dweller, a conspiracy theorist, a mermaid, a student, a fairy, or the like while working in some version of many of the different careers and economic pursuits out there? Young, old, large or small, supernatural or not, conformity champion or outlier — take you pick, you can choose it all. That’s why I keep coming back to The Sims — it really does let you play with life, in all different kinds of ways. None of the many other video games I own can deliver on that like The Sims can. 😃

Very well put! We are a diverse bunch as simmers!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    The main problem is that there are probably just as many Supernatural players along with Natural players.
    Alot of players want more realistic/rustic gameplays. Also, there's alot of other players that want more
    Supernatural/Fantasy/Superheroes games.
    Then there's me, that likes all weirdness, varieties, humans vs. supernaturals gameplays.
  • MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    Does anyone know what that big building with 4 big letters and a clock tower is? Is it a place our sims can visit?
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
  • scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    PLEASE no. my sims has picked up enough trash.we wanted household useful things to make the game more real, even cars, better babies..going school kids,hobbies.No real simmer wants to see aliens,collect space rocks...we don't think these things are cute.you think they are funny but we are stuck with tasteless bears,silly costumes... please listen to the consumers...40.00 is a larger amount to pick up swill.NOT everyone is new age.

Some of us love the occult stuff. You do not speak for everyone not even close. If nothing like aliens existed I would not play. I do think better babies is a must, but so is more occult stuff like werewolves and fairies. Please only speak for yourself. You do not speak for most simmers. You definitely don't speak for me.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    MistyLake wrote: »
    Does anyone know what that big building with 4 big letters and a clock tower is? Is it a place our sims can visit?

Looks like a prop.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • BrianZBrianZ Posts: 12 New Member
    The gif posted on TikTok got my attention, because it looks a LOT like my hometown (well, nearest city anyway) Buffalo, NY.

Also Maxis, don't use that super sketchy Chinese site. Seriously.
    BrianZ wrote: »
    The gif posted on TikTok got my attention, because it looks a LOT like my hometown (well, nearest city anyway) Buffalo, NY.

Also Maxis, don't use that super sketchy Chinese site. Seriously.

????
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited May 2020
    PLEASE no. my sims has picked up enough trash.we wanted household useful things to make the game more real, even cars, better babies..going school kids,hobbies.No real This simmer doesn't want to see aliens,collect space rocks...we I don't think these things are cute.you think they are funny but we are I am stuck with tasteless bears,silly costumes... please listen to me the consumers...40.00 is a larger amount to pick up swill.NOT everyone is new age.

Fixed it for you. You're welcome. B)
    edited May 2020
    IceyJ wrote: »
    PLEASE no. my sims has picked up enough trash.we I wanted household useful things to make the game more real, even cars, better babies..going school kids,hobbies.No real This simmer doesn't want to see aliens,collect space rocks...we I don't think these things are cute.you think they are funny but we are I am stuck with tasteless bears,silly costumes... please listen to me the consumers...40.00 is a larger amount to pick up swill.NOT everyone is new age.

Again? Stop trolling this person, we get it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited May 2020
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    PLEASE no. my sims has picked up enough trash.we I wanted household useful things to make the game more real, even cars, better babies..going school kids,hobbies.No real This simmer doesn't want to see aliens,collect space rocks...we I don't think these things are cute.you think they are funny but we are I am stuck with tasteless bears,silly costumes... please listen to me the consumers...40.00 is a larger amount to pick up swill.NOT everyone is new age.

What do you mean again? And I'm not trolling. But if I were, I'm sure there's someone in charge of the forums and that's not you.
    edited May 2020

What do you mean again?

Read all the posts after that post.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

What do you mean again?

Read all the posts after that post.

Clearly, I hadn't seen them yet but thank you for your concern.
  • erimurpheyerimurphey Posts: 173 Member
    I'm in the minority here but I think this is a darn sight better than a farming EP. If I wanted to play something like that I'd use the Farm Fresh Folk set from the TS3 store or Stardew Valley. I'm willing to give it a chance if it has a new trait or two.
    Sul Sul!

Origin i.d.: erimurphey
  • ljbnomadljbnomad Posts: 11 New Member
    The video made it look kind of ugly and grimy. I like the idea of eco stuff, but would like to see more that is also gardening, peace corps type of stuff, etc.
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,177 Member
    Jnyx wrote: »
    this forum: complains we never get any new ideas in the sims franchise

also this forum: complains whenever we are given new ideas in the sims franchise

The difference here is, people want something new like I don't know, maybe something FUN! I don't know, just tossing ideas out here like space travel. Instead EA and Maxis says "Go recycle, that'll be $40" fun fun fun.
  • LalajadeeyesLalajadeeyes Posts: 323 Member
    Where is the imagination of the gamers? The sims is a game that allows you to use your imagination any way you want. You don't have to have what you expected, but use what you get and make it what you want. Its like playing with dolls in real life, unless you make the doll yourself you won't be able to get the doll you want exactly to the letter because we are all different and want different things. But you make do with what you get and let your imagination do the rest. That is the whole purpose of playing games... to allow for imagination because that is crucial to the growth of your mind and soul. Stop crying about what you are not getting, and appreciate what you do get. Another thing you can do is not buy the game. No one will look down on you for that.
  • babybunnymeisbabybunnymeis Posts: 78 Member
    sam123 wrote: »
    Not looking forward to this one either. This theme should not have been an EP. Honestly Generations or a Farming pack were what most of the community here wanted.

Eco Living won that stuff pack vote a while ago based on the other themes that were on that survey. If Farming or Generations was on that same survey it would not have won.

Severely disappointed and let down yet again.

Right? The audacity to turn a stuff pack vote into an EP. Really, really disappointing.
  • rhypuppyrhypuppy Posts: 31 Member
    edited May 2020
    @scoed1227 100% agree. I wouldn't be playing either if it had no Occult Sims. Occult Sims are literally my #1 favorite in the whole game. Why play a life simulator if I have to be freaking normal? I live in reality everyday, I want to be something different in my life simulator game. I want to be a mage with an alien spouse and some weird Occult mixed children and have my magic shop. Like why not? In fact, I feel like I've been burned on Occult Sims. In Sims 3 we had so many different types of awesome Occult Sims. Vampires and mages are awesome (very happy with the mages as they're one of my favorites). But where's my adorable Plantsims? Those guys were so cute! Where's the actual environment for Merfolk? What about imaginary friends? Oh and let's not forget how they freaking NERFED the aliens which were my other top favorite Occult Sims in the game. They nerfed them so much. I don't want them to just look different, I want them to function different. Where's there special alien powers or alien exclusive technology? Very disappointed in the lack of Occult Sims.
  • SasyASasyA Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm excited for this I just hope there isn't many repeats of items or clothing. I would love if a portable cart to sell the things you made out of was available and could sell things anywhere you choose
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    SasyA wrote: »
    I'm excited for this I just hope there isn't many repeats of items or clothing. I would love if a portable cart to sell the things you made out of was available and could sell things anywhere you choose

We alreday have this from city living
    jimbbq wrote: »
    SasyA wrote: »

We alreday have this from city living

And Jungle Adventures.
  • WhYiSThErEaDuCkWhYiSThErEaDuCk Posts: 8 New Member
    > @cody6268 said:
    > The three Sims used to promote this pack have to be some of the ugliest premade TS4 Sims in existence. They make my worst townies look like supermodels.

Agree so much. They are not very nice sims.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

Yes you can visit it. In the trailer (1:13 it’s a quick scene may need to slow it down) there was a Sim walking up the stairs connected to it. It looks to be something similar to the High Line in Chelsea (New York) which is a walking path full of flowers and art installations.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

Yes you can visit it. In the trailer (1:13 it’s a quick scene may need to slow it down) there was a Sim walking up the stairs connected to it. It looks to be something similar to the High Line in Chelsea (New York) which is a walking path full of flowers and art installations.

Cool!

Thanks for replying. :)
    One other thing..at the very beginning (0:03) you can hear car alarms? Hmmmm... ;)