Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which type of sim player are you?

12346...Next

Comments

• netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    A mixture of some of the above. I play my simself and the generations that follow on a rotation plus background sims. Also I love building and now have a separate save for build challenges. I don’t like using a lot of the builds that come with the game or a lot of over cluttered/decorated builds on the gallery. My building skills are not amazing but I get a lot of joy out of building different lots and sharing them on the gallery
  • BrianZBrianZ Posts: 12 New Member
    Too bad the polls are pick only one. Laid back/deviant/Storyteller/woohoo hound and maybe a couple others sometimes lol. Currently my sim is a spellcaster, who has killed Vlad, stolen Thorne Bailey away from Octavia, achieved immortality, just had a baby, etc. I consider certain mods absolutely essential too.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Completionist/Challenger
    I start a new save in Completionist/Challenger mode and then go to either Laid-back or Rotational. Rotational when I become annoyed with the Sim or Sims that I started with and need a break from them. Some of them really have bad AI. Otherwise, I transition to a Laid-Back playstyle when the save is up and running smoothly.

I try not to use cheats but I do use them when I have to. For example, I just created a brand new Sim in a brand new save and couldn't place him on a lot because he only had $200 instead of the usual $20,000. I had to use the Free Real Estate cheat to get him on an empty lot in Oasis Springs. When the Sim spawned on the vacant lot he had $23,000 so I had to use another cheat to adjust his household funds to what they should have been if he had started with $20,000. So for now, he's stuck on Pebble Burrow, a lot that has a terrain glitch that's never been fixed. I can see the sky under the right border of the lot. Actually several lots in Oasis Springs have terrain issues that have never been fixed.

Builder mode goes on when the game has survived more than two Sim weeks. That's when I start replacing lots with buildings that I use in all of my saves. Most pre-made Sims are deleted during the first week and replaced with my own households.
  • XMachiaXXMachiaX Posts: 122 Member
    Rotational
    I'm actual three types. Builder, Colonist and Rotational.
  • HallgerdHallgerd Posts: 43 Member
    Builder
    It is a pity that you can not choose a few, I like builder, storyteller and rotational the most. I thought for a long time before I marked the builder. Building is probably the most fun for me.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    You really need an "All of the Above" option, but I guess I'm a deviant laid back woohoo hound legacy story telling builder.

Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    I'd say completionist and legacy/family player
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    Legacy / Family Player
    Rotational for me is pretty foreign, haha. Personally I could never play with households that aren't mine originally, but each to their own!! :blush:
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Rotational
    I'd say rotational right now, but also legacy with my Not So Berry. Since that's on hiatus, I'm going with rotational although I'd also call myself a storyteller. I don't think of a story afterwards but I imagine my story while I'm playing even if it doesn't completely relate to what's going on in the moment onscreen.
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Laid-back
    Wow didn't know this was Still going ha
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • EvilinPinkEvilinPink Posts: 49 Member
    Laid-back
    Laidback, deviant, and a rotational player.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Laid-back
    I don't usually have ties to any of my saves, homes, or Sims. I like to play just to play. I just deleted all my saves to start over for EL tomorrow. I'm having fun putting homes and creating new Sims at the moment. I haven't created anything FOR EL yet. But, Brindleton Bay is my fave world.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    I’m a builder/family player
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    Legacy / Family Player
    Definitely a Legacy player, but I also fall under the Builder and Rotational players as well.
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ