Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tiny Travellers: Casting Call

Okay, so you may have heard about the new Tiny Twavellers CC stuff pack and it looks so amazing! I thought maybe it'd be fun to start a new story, so I can test it out when it publicly releases.

Submission Rules:

* I have all the DLC, but prefer no CC.
* Submit families with children (babies, toddlers and/or children), specifically Sims who enjoy travelling/exploring and would like to take their children around the world with them.
* I'll only accept the first seven households.
* Write a bio for your family on this thread, so I can get a sense of who they are and also your Origin ID. Feel free to let me know which world(s) they'd like to visit.
* Submit your families to the Gallery using #tinytravellers and #divanthesimmer
* Deadline is 1 June 2020.

EDIT: Submissions are now closed.
phULnBI.png
Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
Origin ID: divanthesimmer
Post edited by divanthesimmer on

Comments

• divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited May 2020
    Submitted Families:

* Lowenstein by @VanPelt81
    * Matson by @friendsfan367
    * O'Poole-Leland by @AdamsEve1231
    * Hayes by @Simslover163
    * World Travelers by @MINEZ
    * Prince by @pammiechick
    * Waite by @15aewar
    Post edited by divanthesimmer on
    phULnBI.png
    edited May 2020
    Double Post
    phULnBI.png
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Okay, so you may have heard about the new Tiny Twavellers CC stuff pack and it looks so amazing! I thought maybe it'd be fun to start a new story, so I can test it out when it publicly releases.

Submission Rules:

* I have all the DLC, except the upcoming EP, Eco Lifestyle, and I prefer no CC.
    * Submit families with children (babies, toddlers and/or children), specifically Sims who enjoy travelling/exploring and would like to take their children around the world with them.
    * Write a bio for your family on this thread, so I can get a sense of who they are and also your Origin ID.

lol no cc but your contest is based on a cc pack. :) sorry i love irony. i might be intrested my time is freed up.
  • IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    What sort of a story are you going to do?
    jzZP0sJ.png
    Irishsong wrote: »
    What sort of a story are you going to do?

Not entirely sure yet. But it will have something to do with families travelling around, bringing bits and pieces from their travels home with them.
    phULnBI.png
    edited May 2020

Submission Rules:

* I have all the DLC, except the upcoming EP, Eco Lifestyle, and I prefer no CC.
    * Write a bio for your family on this thread, so I can get a sense of who they are and also your Origin ID.

lol no cc but your contest is based on a cc pack. :) sorry i love irony. i might be intrested my time is freed up.

Lol, I know. I'm trying to avoid more CC, but every now and then I see something I like and I just have to download it!
    phULnBI.png
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    I have a family ready to go...

Household: Lowenstein
    Photo: here
    Names: Elmer Lowenstein; Jaden Lowenstein; Kyle Lowenstein
    Bio: Elmer Lowenstein was enjoying retirement when he was left with the care of 2 sons named Jaden & Kyle that trace back to a one night stand on the evening of his retirement party. Now because of their mother being dead, Elmer is having to be a dad while most people mistake him for a grandfather. Luckily for him, he didn't have to change any of the kids diapers (it's already bad enough to have to change your own). Now they are looking forward to their first family vacation together and possibly their last since Elmer is a senior citizen on a fixed income. As for Elmer's kids, Jaden is older than Kyle by 12 minutes but acts more like Kyle's bratty little sister than older brother; as well as dresses like a girl much to Elmer's dismay (he has taken his son to the pediatrician but was told to let Jaden dress like a girl). Jaden is very squeamish and afraid of spiders & other creepy crawlies. Kyle a lot more confident and more self assured. Kyle protects his brother from other kids though wishes that Jaden at least liked some of the same things as him.

The Lowenstein family can be found with the hashtags #tinytravellers and #divanthesimmer as well as with the link above.
    VanPelt81 wrote: »

Bio: Elmer Lowenstein was enjoying retirement when he was left with the care of 2 sons named Jaden & Kyle that trace back to a one night stand on the evening of his retirement party. Now because of their mother being dead, Elmer is having to be a dad while most people mistake him for a grandfather. Luckily for him, he didn't have to change any of the kids diapers (it's already bad enough to have to change your own). Now they are looking forward to their first family vacation together and possibly their last since Elmer is a senior citizen on a fixed income. As for Elmer's kids, Jaden is older than Kyle by 12 minutes but acts more like Kyle's bratty little sister than older brother; as well as dresses like a girl much to Elmer's dismay (he has taken his son to the pediatrician but was told to let Jaden dress like a girl). Jaden is very squeamish and afraid of spiders & other creepy crawlies. Kyle a lot more confident and more self assured. Kyle protects his brother from other kids though wishes that Jaden at least liked some of the same things as him.

The Lowenstein family can be found with the hashtags #tinytravellers and #divanthesimmer as well as with the link above.

Haha, I love them! Thank you for submitting.
    phULnBI.png
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited May 2020
    What a cool idea! I'll submit a family. It's about time I send you a someone since you've sent multiple Sims to me before. :) I didn't used to be a CC junkie, but now I use a lot more than I did previously. I understand.

Edit: Quick question - do you mind supernaturals?
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    What a cool idea! I'll submit a family. It's about time I send you a someone since you've sent multiple Sims to me before. :) I didn't used to be a CC junkie, but now I use a lot more than I did previously. I understand.

Edit: Quick question - do you mind supernaturals?

Thank you @AdamsEve1231! I'm looking forward to seeing your submission. I don't mind supernaturals - might be interesting! :)
    phULnBI.png
  • Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    This looks like fun! I'll definitely be submitting a family for this! :)
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
    edited May 2020
    b0e391927c953caa254e03a759cc1250b55c4a65.png

Household: The O'Poole-Lelands uploaded to the Gallery with hashtags.
    I figured we need more happily married couples in this world so here are the lovely O'Poole-Lelands. This family is modified from a TS3 family of mine hence the references to TS3 game-related things in their bios. Also, put their astrological signs and some other notes under spoilers. Feel free to move the family if you'd like.

Linus Leland is a hopeless romantic... and decision maker. As a freelance digital artist, Linus contracts from his home studio so he's able to be a stay-at-home dad. He loves doing little things for his wife - bringing her breakfast in bed, surprising her with flowers at work and suave kisses whenever he can. He's a pretty good dad too, chasing away the monsters under the bed, building pillow forts with his son, and playing dolls with his girls. At one point, he ran a day care out of the apartment, but once his license expired, he never renewed. His wife teases him about his "analysis paralysis." If something isn't perfect, he doesn't usually follow-through. Because of that, there are a lot of half-finished ideas and half-completed projects in their tiny city apartment in San Myshuno.

For years, Linus has promised to build his wife a home of their own. He is hoping to make enough money and travel a bit to draw design inspiration. Linus was an architecture major in uni, but chose to follow his muse and pursue painting instead. Recently, he saw an article in a magazine, featuring Tiny Twavellers set pieces, and he fell in love with the design concepts. Will designing the family home be a dream come true for Linus or will it be another incomplete, never-finished project?
    Linus' traits are Romantic, Family-Oriented, and Perfectionist (for the half-finished project stuff). I also have a mod that allows him to have more traits so he also has Squeamish and Art Lover. His Aspiration is Renaissance Sim because he can't seem to stay in one career field - day care, architecture, and painting. Linus is a Libra. Favorite color: Purple. Favorite Music: Romance. Favorite Food: Gummy Bear Pancakes

Maeve O'Poole is passionate about everything she does. A redhead from Dragon Valley, Maeve loves being a wife and a mom almost as much as she loves music. As a first-chair violinist and aspiring songwriter, Maeve travels regularly for performances with the San Myshuno Symphony. From a young age, she was incredibly gifted, but often torn between her love of the ocean and music. To help pay her way through uni, Maeve worked as a lifeguard and met her future husband on the beach. Their relationship has been a whirlwind romance as they dated, got engaged, married, and had their first child in a year, eleven months, and nine days.

The youngest of seven siblings and the only girl, Maeve can hold her own against her six older brothers, and pretty much anyone else. Don't let her sweet exterior fool you. She can get a bit hot-headed when people criticize her choice to let her husband stay home in her stead, but they are a modern family! If her husband ever gets around to completing that dream home, she might just settle down outside the hustle and bustle of the city and write her first concerto. That's if she can ever get away from the limelight. She does so love the praise and adoration of the masses, maybe a little too much, but her heart keeps coming back to the seaside and so she never stays away from home too long.
    Maeve's traits are Hot-headed, Music Lover, and Self-absorbed (and her additional traits, if you want to add them are Self-Assured and Child of the Ocean.) Maeve is a fire sign, unsurprisingly, Leo. Favorite music: Classical. Favorite Color: Green. If you can't tell, Maeve is a mermaid, ;) one of the northern "water" tribes since she's from Dragon Valley. Maeve is a celeb B-lister, and she's got two fame quirks - Vain Street and Paparazzi Darling. Feel free to freeze her fame or turn off her fame if it's not helpful for the story.

Caspian O'Poole-Leland has nauseatingly romantic parents. Blech! He prefers to spend time with his chocolate Field Spaniel, Toblerone or "Toby" for short. Even though he is only eight, Caspian hopes to be a vet when he grows up. For now, he will focus on making all the friends he can get and meeting all sorts of other neighborhood pets. He takes great care of his pup, going on walks twice a day, measuring out the perfect scoops of kibble, and even brushing Toby's teeth and reading him a bedtime story every night. Oh a boy and his dog! It'll be great when his dad finally finishes that dream house so Toby will have plenty of space to run and play.
    Caspian has maxed his Responsible trait, and he is a Social Butterfly, and of course, dog lover. Caspian grew up in Sims 3 to have the unflirty trait.Toblerone has the Adventurous, Loyal, and Playful traits. Caspian's favorite music is Kids, and he likes peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. His favorite color is blue. He's a Cancer.

Kailani and Leilani, nicknames, Kai and Lei, are the youngest additions to the O'Poole and Leland family. The toddler twins are a handful, but well-loved, if not a bit spoiled, by their parents. Kai is the more active of the twins, fearless, wild, and independent. Monsters under the bed. Psh! She will just babble to them until they go away, and then sing (more like screech) little songs like her mommy at the top of her lungs. In fact, little Kai wants to be a monster herself when she grows up... a big furry bear! Her parents don't have the heart to tell her she can't really be a bear, but the little girl can dream. Lei is a little more of a charmer, content to sip pretend fairy tea with her daddy and go up to complete strangers to say hello. But occasionally, she can indulge her sister's wild child and make some mischief, but usually it's just to paint the floor all the colors of the rainbow. Isn't that what daddy does? :tongue: (The twins are Aquarius).

And that's the O'Poole-Leland family! Hope you enjoy!
    Post edited by AdamsEve1231 on

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    edited May 2020
    World Travelers

Alister Crawley loves adventure. Given that his family descends from a long line of nobility that favors The University of Britchester, it was no surprise that he's ended up attending there. His parents expected that he'd end up as a professor, or a barrister, but not a globe trotting archaeologist. To be fair he does teach a few months out of the year, but the university also pays him to discover and collect for their Archaeology/History department. His exploits are gaining notoriety and the donations are pouring in. Having a supportive and equally adventurous wife helps.
    Larissa met Allister while studying Literature at Britchester. She had won a full ride to study aboard after penning a essay about how many of her literary heroes hailed from the country where Britchester was located and how it could be a contributing factor in her becoming a literary icon for a new generation. It won much to her surprise. In a historical lit class she and Alister hit it off, eventually marrying after she graduated and he pursued his second degree. She goes on all his digs and freelances to support them.

Recently returned, the two were trying to start a family when she got the call that her older sister Jodi and her husband had died in an accident. She further shocked to learn she and Alister had been selected to be the legal guardians to their two children,even though her parents are still alive. Given their lifestyle, Alister and Larissa had always planned to have their family on the go with them. And now is their chance to test it out. Because Larissa may have another kid to mix soon if their trying succeeded...

Larissa
    Gf1N3Wh.png

Alister
    ljm0fHD.png

Blair
    j9Ic6C0.png

Benjy (Benjamin)
    97HH2G7.png
    Post edited by MINEZ on
    b0e391927c953caa254e03a759cc1250b55c4a65.png

Household: The O'Poole-Lelands uploaded to the Gallery with hashtags.
    I figured we need more happily married couples in this world so here are the lovely O'Poole-Lelands. This family is modified from a TS3 family of mine hence the references to TS3 game-related things in their bios. Also, put their astrological signs and some other notes under spoilers. Feel free to move the family if you'd like.

Linus Leland is a hopeless romantic... and decision maker. As a freelance digital artist, Linus contracts from his home studio so he's able to be a stay-at-home dad. He loves doing little things for his wife - bringing her breakfast in bed, surprising her with flowers at work and suave kisses whenever he can. He's a pretty good dad too, chasing away the monsters under the bed, building pillow forts with his son, and playing dolls with his girls. At one point, he ran a day care out of the apartment, but once his license expired, he never renewed. His wife teases him about his "analysis paralysis." If something isn't perfect, he doesn't usually follow-through. Because of that, there are a lot of half-finished ideas and half-completed projects in their tiny city apartment in San Myshuno.

For years, Linus has promising to build his wife a home of their own. He is hoping to make enough money and travel a bit to draw design inspiration. Linus was an architecture major in uni, but chose to follow his muse and pursue painting instead. Recently, he saw an article in a magazine, featuring Tiny Twavellers set pieces, and he fell in love with the design concepts. Will designing the family home be a dream come true for Linus or will it be another incomplete, never-finished project?
    Linus' traits are Romantic, Family-Oriented, and Perfectionist (for the half-finished project stuff). I also have a mod that allows him to have more traits so he also has Squeamish and Art Lover. His Aspiration is Renaissance Sim because he can't seem to stay in one career field - day care, architecture, and painting. Linus is a Libra. Favorite color: Purple. Favorite Music: Romance. Favorite Food: Gummy Bear Pancakes

Maeve O'Poole is passionate about everything she does. A redhead from Dragon Valley, Maeve loves being a wife and a mom almost as much as she loves music. As a first-chair violinist and aspiring songwriter, Maeve travels regularly for performances with the San Myshuno Symphony. From a young age, she was incredibly gifted, but often torn between her love of the ocean and music. To help pay her way through uni, Maeve worked as a lifeguard and met her future husband on the beach. There's has been a whirlwind romance as they dated, got engaged, married, and had their first child in a year, eleven months, and nine days.

The youngest of seven siblings and the only girl, Maeve can hold her own against her six older brothers, and pretty much anyone else. Don't let her sweet exterior fool you. She can get a bit hot-headed when people criticize her choice to let her husband stay home in her stead, but they are a modern family! If her husband ever gets around to completing that dream home, she might just settle down outside the hustle and bustle of the city and write her first concerto. That's if she can ever get away from the limelight. She does so love the praise and adoration of the masses, maybe a little too much, but her heart keeps coming back to the seaside and so she never stays away from home too long.
    Maeve's traits are Hot-headed, Music Lover, and Self-absorbed (and her additional traits, if you want to add them are Self-Assured and Child of the Ocean. Maeve is a fire sign, unsurprisingly, Leo. Favorite music: Classical. Favorite Color: Green. If you can't tell, Maeve is a mermaid, ;) one of the northern "water" tribes since she's from Dragon Valley. Maeve is a celeb B-lister, and she's got two fame quirks - Vain Street and Paparazzi Darling. Feel free to freeze her fame or turn off her fame if it's not helpful for the story.

Caspian O'Poole-Leland has nauseatingly romantic parents. Blech! He prefers to spend time with his chocolate Field Spaniel, Toblerone or "Toby" for short. Even though he is only eight, Caspian hopes to be a vet when he grows up. For now, he will focus on making all the friends he can get and meeting all sorts of other neighborhood pets. He takes great care of his pup, going on walks twice a day, measuring out the perfect scoops of kibble, and even brushing Toby's teeth and reading him a bedtime story every night. Oh a boy and his dog! It'll be great when his dad finally finishes that dream house so Toby will have plenty of space to run and play.
    Caspian has maxed his Responsible trait, and he is a Social Butterfly, and of course, dog lover. Caspian grew up in Sims 3 to have the unflirty trait.Toblerone has the Adventurous, Loyal, and Playful traits. Caspian's favorite music is Kids, and he likes peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. His favorite color is blue. He's a Cancer.

Kaylani and Leilani, nicknames, Kai and Lei, are the youngest additions to the O'Poole and Leland family. The toddler twins are a handful, but well-loved, if not a bit spoiled, by their parents. Kai is the more active of the twins, fearless, wild, and independent. Monsters under the bed. Psh! She will just babble to them until they go away, and then sing (more like screech) little songs like her mommy at the top of her lungs. In fact, little Kai wants to be a monster herself when she grows up... a big furry bear! Her parents don't have the heart to tell her she can't really be a bear, but the little girl can dream. Lei is a little more of a charmer, content to sip pretend fairy tea with her daddy and go up to complete strangers to say hello. But occasionally, she can indulge her sister's wild child and make some mischief, but usually it's just to paint the floor all the colors of the rainbow. Isn't that what daddy does? :tongue: (The twins are Aquarius).

And that's the O'Poole-Leland family! Hope you enjoy!

Aw, what an adorable family! I can already tell I'm going to love playing them. Thank you for submitting!
    phULnBI.png
    Thanks @divanthesimmer. Would you mind putting a violin in Maeve's inventory? I think she should have one.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited May 2020
    Thanks @divanthesimmer. Would you mind putting a violin in Maeve's inventory? I think she should have one.

Sure! :)
    phULnBI.png

Sure! :)

Thank you!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I’d like to submit. Can the family members have skills?
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    edited May 2020
    QRIVn3g.png
    Introducing the Hayes Family!

Biography
    Connor is a painting guru and has been loving art since he was a child. Everywhere he would go, he would take his sketchbook and paints and paint a picture of nature. He also loves taking photographs as well. His wife, Saoirse, loves art and photography as much as he does. Together, the lovely couple has two beautiful children named Louie and Leah. Both children love art as much as their parents. Aside from art, Leah wants to explore the music world and she wants to learn how to play the violin. Louie, on the other hand, loves to socialize and can make friends easily. The family looks forward to their vacation, exploring the new worlds surrounding them.

The family can be found with the hashtags you mentioned and under my origin ID: Simslover163
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)

Absolutely!
    phULnBI.png
    QRIVn3g.png
    Introducing the Hayes Family!

Biography
    Connor is a painting guru and has been loving art since he was a child. Everywhere he would go, he would take his sketchbook and paints and paint a picture of nature. He also loves taking photographs as well. His wife, Saoirse, loves art and photography as much as he does. Together, the lovely couple has two beautiful children named Louie and Leah. Both children love art as much as their parents. Aside from art, Leah wants to explore the music world and she wants to learn how to play the violin. Louie, on the other hand, loves to socialize and can make friends easily. The family looks forward to their vacation, exploring the new worlds surrounding them.

The family can be found with the hashtags you mentioned and under my origin ID: Simslover163

They're adorable! Thank you for submitting!
    phULnBI.png
    @Simslover163 that's cool! Connor is a painter (like my family's dad, Linus), and Saoirse (beautiful name, btw) wants to play violin (and my family's mom, Maeve, does play the violin). I bet these families will get along well.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

Absolutely!

Oh good, because I'm pretty sure I've got Sims in my submitted family who maxed 1 or 2 skills.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    VanPelt81 wrote: »

I love the last name, and what a cool family! You always submit the most interesting and unique Sims, @VanPelt81.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited May 2020
    THE PRINCE FAMILY

Household: PRINCE

HP8ouGj.png

Names: Maximiliano, Korinna, Raina, Daquan, Ali

Bio: Korinna stems from a long line of mermaid princesses. But when she met Max, he swept her off her fins and onto dry land. He's a famous football player after all, and will treat her like the princess she is. They have three adorable children which completes their little family. They want to go on #adventures and see the world!

Their three kids all have different personalities. Raina is so much like the true mermaid princess of the family. She is a vegan and is neat as a pin. But she likes to have fun with her friends like most teens do. Daquan is a spunky guy who loves to explore. He really wants to go to Sulani and discover whether he's a mermaid or not (I think he is though). He's an artist at heart and loves to be creative. Ali thinks he's a king already and tells his parents what to do. He's a handful! But he's loved by his siblings and his parents. ;)

You can get them here: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/846244F5964E11EA873FD3F8B22EEFB9?category=households&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=pammiechick&max=50&maxis=false
    iTvMKZ8.jpg