March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No wonder The Sims is seen as a joke

1235...Next

Comments

• bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I love chores in game. I hope we eventually get lawn mowers and vacuum cleaners. I'd love to see dusting and window washing. All tied in some way with the Parenthood character values and allowances for kids and teens.

This. ^^^ :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • RustyCicuitRustyCicuit Posts: 49 Member
    edited May 2020
    It looks like who ever was responsible for the concept misjudged how much people wanted an Eco themed expansion, the pack would have been received better if it was a game pack. Guess they took the results of first community voted pack, where Eco theme won by a mile and went with it. Mistakes happen, you win some you loose some, the expansion still has the potential to do well, some of the features look neat and world pollution can add a whole new dimension to the game play. Personally, I am not a fan of making a whole expansion based on the environmentalist theme, because it is a very niche type of thing and not much game play could be added from that angle in my option. But we will see.

I do not share OPs option that all recent expansions lack on content, the only exception that more or less fits the bill would be Island Living. The pack was fine but it lacked one big defining feature, they should have screwed on some more side activities to balance it out like water skiing, or beach volleyball. I read thru some the responses from the OP and my two cents are, one should not attempt to generalise personal option. Speak for oneself and no but oneself. Cheers.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited May 2020
    Sindocat wrote: »
    That's great I'm happy the pack is suited for you. But for me, I want a pack that's a little bit more than doing choirs.

So, you zero in on one aspect of play this pack provides - cleaning up a polluted environment - a feature that can be turned off in settings and bypassed completely allowing one to focus on other things, and ignore the crafting, gardening, Build/Buy, CAS and other elements we also see? We haven't even had the gameplay trailer yet, let alone the developer livestream. It's fine if you aren't excited by the dynamic worlds. But to pretend that is all we were shown of this pack so far seems disingenuous.

It's not one aspect, it's literally the main game play of this pack and that's to clean up the environment..which you can do in island living already. The trailer shows that. Gardening is nothing new, we can already do that in the game since sims 3. Making a candle is not that game breaking to me not as much game play is. We always get build buy or cas objects, sure getting new shiny objects is nice but that shouldn't be a priority over game play nor worth 40$ over an expansion pack about cleaning and garbage. With or without a game play trailer, I dont see any replay value with this pack after doing it once.
    Post edited by BrittanyChick22 on
    giphy.gif

• EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone! We've gone ahead and closed the thread due to it getting off-topic multiple times. Also because of some users getting into really bad discussions to the point that they start insulting each other. We understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but let's try and keep things friendly and constructive. Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top