Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I admit I've never really used the club system..

2...Next

Comments

• wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Oh yes, I agree. I always make my own clubs! I tried to do one of the made ones and it was so annoying.
    If you play with aging off, you might get annoyed with the generated NPC clubs always bothering you. I suggest you make your own.

sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    @idmarko do you play with aging off? If you play with aging off, you might get annoyed with the generated NPC clubs always bothering you. I suggest you make your own. I’d be annoyed with those invincible NPC folks stalking my Sims too.

I play with aging on. Changing the meeting place to "none" keeps them from meeting on venues, that's good enough for me. The Cosplay club is the only one that really annoys me, so that's what I did, plus I modded out the Star Wars outfits, that helped too.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    It's been ages since I played TS4 but from what I recall, I used it heavily for role playing and making it easier for sims to meet each other and socialize. For example, I had one "art teacher" sim hold art classes at a community center, where all the arty sims would meet for a few hours to paint. I had Yuppie sims meet each other at the library and play chess, etc., etc.
    EiFlric.png
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    I like to make career clubs where my sims can get to know others in the same career. I have fake career lots, such as an office block for those in the business career, and they meet there and chat and do office-type stuff.

I also love having kids sleepovers/pyjama parties. You can set the club activities to the things you want them to do together - homework, playing with toys, watching tv, whatever, and then when it's getting late change some of the activities to bathing, sleeping, eating etc. Then all the little kiddies will get ready for bed and go to sleep. Make sure to have enough beds!
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    When I wasn't sure how "clubs" worked, this was the first video I saw. It's hilarious. How to use a club to make money! Heh heh! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVGMYJOKt2Q
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    If you plant a huge garden you can create a club to help take care of it. I thought this was great but the club members harvest crops and profits go home with club members. I remember having to harvest or sell all before a gathering. This is the only kind of club I have created but have not done it since Seasons came out. Now I have more contained gardens in a greenhouse for constant profits because of how Seasons changed garending.
  • A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    I had my teen sim start a homework club. Her friends would come over and she’d get them to help her make the take home projects. They go much faster with help.

And something nobody’s mentioned yet are the club perks. Your club earns points for doing club activities during a gathering. You can use these points to buy perks. Some of the perks help with skill gain. I had a music club which had singing and playing instruments as the activities. When we collected enough points I purchased the skill gain for each of the activities and leveled my sim much quicker.
  • HayleeSimsHayleeSims Posts: 124 Member
    I never used clubs until I started playing in save file with a premade family. The daughter (who is a child) in the family was apart of a club and I didn't even know it but once I played I couldn't get enough. They ate cake together, played with dolls, llama game and void critters and it was super easy to gain points for the group.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    There are so many ways I use the club system! Sometimes I just use it to keep Sims from being mean to each other, by prohibiting activities like stealing or fighting. I set up a spiritual text study group. I created a “club” to choose the right partner for an eligible bachelor. I regularly use it to help extended families who live in different worlds socialize. I created a chess club. I use it for one of my families to read books together. I created a club to help a ufo investigator meet aliens; then, when she was done, it became an alien support group.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    I wonder if you can make a club that the activities are drinking glasses of water and shoveling snow? Hmm... :|
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    edited May 2020
    SAEldarin wrote: »
    The club feature is amazing imo. I've heard some people create a "club" of kids and a teacher to gather for school. Teen hangouts. Movie outings. Anything you can think of doing with a group. What I love about it is that you can easily start a club gathering and designate a lot of your choice (you can designate the lot/venue in the club details panel).

How is this anymore fun or useful then selected multiple people to go to a lot? This sounds like a jerky question but i don't mean it like that. I know people LOVE Get Together and I would like to start using it but don't really get what is unique about it. Thanks. :)

well they dont need to be at the same household for one, nor do you risk they have left before the sim you play show up... it is also very helpful with university room-mate selection ... i use it for family reunions where i can make sure everyone show up for the gathering ...
    oh and with the not to do i can then make sure family members dont go in and start playing on the computer of the hosts... which is nice... as i am sick and tired of simmers always finding the first computer where ever they are...
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    I don't know if it was a Maxis inside joke or why, but when a Sim of mine went to visit the swimming baths in Windenburg he found a group of club members were all cleaning the toilets. :o
    Simburian wrote: »
    I don't know if it was a Maxis inside joke or why, but when a Sim of mine went to visit the swimming baths in Windenburg he found a group of club members were all cleaning the toilets. :o

omg :O lmao hahahha i wish i had seen this... lmoa hahhaha i want this in my game... i might make a cleaning group of NPCs who run around cleaning public places
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

At least you got clean toilets. :D I once had vampire puke all over the toilets in a cafe, my playable sim and another NPC sim decided to clean up his mess. I think a maids or butlers club could be useful for venues.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited May 2020
    I have a club always for the vampires because to me it seems strange they wouldn't at least know of each other in the game. I have a club for my teens so that they meet other teens in the game and get to know each other. I have a club for the ladies. They get to tell Nancy her husband is cheating on her again and how she should really make him pay. I have a guy's club that meets at one of gentlemen clubs I always feel compelled to build in the game. Since the spellcasters seem to already know each other I have a club for them as well but it's not so much for them to get together and meet each other but rather to practice magic get to know the Sages better so that they can learn magic not just through practice but learn through them as well. I use clubs to create groups and "societies" within different occult communities. Such as covens, sacred circles, etc. for Spellcasters. I use it for my sims to be able to have interactions with their friends and best friends. I have clubs based on traits such as my club for all the evil sims in the game so that they can kill, fight, be mean. be mischievous and terrorize other sims yet have friendly inactions amongst themselves (My sim Julian needs at least allies who won't snitch on him and aid him on his quest to ruin the lives of Sims around them for fun and profit). I have clubs for the LBGTQ community. I have clubs to help with story progression.

@peragogo I use clubs for families too. Especially when it comes to having large families so that everyone can get together for family reunions, weddings, birthdays, holidays etc.

@IceyJ I create support groups too.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
    drakharis wrote: »

@IceyJ I create support groups too.

the support group is a great idea... i think i will make one for eating disorders, and loss... and abuse... this is super cool thank you for this idea both of you
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I didn't play with the clubs much either until I found this forum and learned some great tips from other people here. You can add your Sim family to its own club so that they stay together on community lots and do activities together. I've put a lot of families with kids into family clubs and then set the local park as their club hangout, so now when I visit the park with a Sim family there are other families with their kids there to interact with. I also made clubs of just two married Sims or a couple and added restaurant or bar lots as their hangouts so if I visit a restaurant or bar I usually see them there together. I also create homework clubs for kids and teens at the local libraries and have them read or do homework as the tasks, so when I visit a library it's not so empty. I love the club feature, but I wish we could add toddlers to the clubs.
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I've had issues where sims just up and leave active club gatherings in the last irl year or so. All of a sudden one or more of the sims are gone and when I click their portrait in the club menu I can invite them over... seems like no-one else has this happening.

I was thinking maybe the devs changed it so when the sims have work they'll leave regardless if they are in a gathering or not but since everyone here says they stay as long as you want them too, I don't know.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • chons95chons95 Posts: 51 Member
    I only did two groups and one was mainly to maintain my garden and clean the house and the other one was for some of my kids and teen sims that were in different households to do their homework.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited May 2020
    I use it mainly for:
    1. family gatherings
    2. way to learn skills fast
    3. dating club
    4. slavery (set cleaning, etc. as club activities, start a club meeting and let other sims to do the chores around your house while your sim is having fun)
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    I use clubs a lot!

I found them really helpful with vampires...
    cHhqAxS.png

I always put the sims my vampire turns into a club (fledglings) to keep track of easier.
    And then I usually have a club of random sims so that I can start a meeting at home and the food walks right through the door. Yes, my vampires don't feel like going out to hunt sometimes :p

Also they are helpful for kids and teens, i think. You can quickly find all 3 of those kids in your game that your own child wants to befriend. (kidding! But yeah... usually not too many children without mods helping?)

Sometimes I make a club with a single member... that sims boyfriend/girlfriend. Then they can stay over however long I want them too.

Same thing with family members who don't live on the lot. You can call a "meeting" and everyone shows up for a holiday/ect.
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • SIMileyFaceSIMileyFace Posts: 49 Member
    Wow I'm so glad I stumbled across this thread! I have been wanting to utilise the club features more because I didn't really see the appeal to them before...now I totally see why people love Get Together! I can't wait to start all these clubs!! :)
    I love the idea of using a club to have other people do chores around the house...that is hilarious and brilliant!