January 21: Today is patch day! 😃 To read the patch notes, click here!
January 15 - Is everyone ready for the Friday Highlights? Check them out here.
Welcome to all new Simmers joining us over the holiday season! 🎉 Have fun on the forum and please make sure you check out the forum rules and
the rules about necroposting.

Play to change in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack!

Comments

  • scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 54 Member
    I'm looking foward to Knifty Knitting more than this :/

    As am I and I just about everything I voted for lost.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 404 Member
    I'm not anywhere close to being on the whole green/environmentalist bandwagon, but I do like a lot of the features that are to be added. I went from outright hating this pack, to actually becoming quite curious of it. After all, the knitting pack is adding quite a few neat features to the game other than knitting, and has gone from being a "Why would I buy this?" to "Day one buy".

    I really like

    Evergreen Harbor. Looks like a pretty neat world with an industrial flair. Hopefully, being an EP world, it is quite large.
    Litter and pollution (if not exaggerated, which in TS4 is to be expected) add realism. It ain't sunshine and rainbows in real life.
    Solar panels and wind turbines that cut your Sim's bills. Realism here again.
    The various stations, and type of objects that can be crafted.
    Dumpsters and dumpster diving. WAIT A MINUTE HERE--that's a BASE GAME feature in TS3!

    What I am hoping for:

    Maker Space as lot assignment, not just something lots can be cleaned up into. I was, at one point, around the time I got Discover University, turning Ragdoll Refurb into one, as to have a lot of the things needed in certain careers (i.e. robotics work bench, some lab stuff) will not fit in some of the smaller premade homes in TS4. Coupling the stations in other packs, along with the plethora of stuff in this pack, would make perfect sense for a maker space.

    The ability to turn off the pollution and litter in the settings UI when they get to be more of an annoyance and burden than game addition.

    What I don't like.

    The litter and pollution (as well as the buffs that result) are likely to be ridiculously exaggerated. I will likely end up having to use a mod to dial it back. Hopefully, there is a toggle in the UI for this.

    The three Sims used to promote this pack have to be some of the ugliest premade TS4 Sims in existence. They make my worst townies look like supermodels.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 5,131 Member
    cody6268 wrote: »
    I'm not anywhere close to being on the whole green/environmentalist bandwagon, but I do like a lot of the features that are to be added. I went from outright hating this pack, to actually becoming quite curious of it. After all, the knitting pack is adding quite a few neat features to the game other than knitting, and has gone from being a "Why would I buy this?" to "Day one buy".

    I really like

    Evergreen Harbor. Looks like a pretty neat world with an industrial flair. Hopefully, being an EP world, it is quite large.
    Litter and pollution (if not exaggerated, which in TS4 is to be expected) add realism. It ain't sunshine and rainbows in real life.
    Solar panels and wind turbines that cut your Sim's bills. Realism here again.
    The various stations, and type of objects that can be crafted.
    Dumpsters and dumpster diving. WAIT A MINUTE HERE--that's a BASE GAME feature in TS3!

    What I am hoping for:

    Maker Space as lot assignment, not just something lots can be cleaned up into. I was, at one point, around the time I got Discover University, turning Ragdoll Refurb into one, as to have a lot of the things needed in certain careers (i.e. robotics work bench, some lab stuff) will not fit in some of the smaller premade homes in TS4. Coupling the stations in other packs, along with the plethora of stuff in this pack, would make perfect sense for a maker space.

    The ability to turn off the pollution and litter in the settings UI when they get to be more of an annoyance and burden than game addition.

    What I don't like.

    The litter and pollution (as well as the buffs that result) are likely to be ridiculously exaggerated. I will likely end up having to use a mod to dial it back. Hopefully, there is a toggle in the UI for this.

    The three Sims used to promote this pack have to be some of the ugliest premade TS4 Sims in existence. They make my worst townies look like supermodels.

    I actually really like the dumpster diving, candlemaker Sim. I think she has a very interesting and unique face. I'm actually more tired of seeing the typically pretty or handsome Sims that come a dime-a-dozen on the Gallery. I mean, I still have my own fair share of "beautiful" Sims, but I find that the game is so much more interesting with imperfect and unique Sims in it so I've been making more strange and oddly featured faces for a while now.

    Granted, the majority of the game generated townies tend to be just messy and a lot of them look the same so I definitely agree about them. I keep some of the better ones and redress and make over others, but I generally clean them out and delete them on a regular basis. I think the limited preset features probably has something to do with it. I wish they'd add more of those in CAS.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 2,805 Member
    My first response was YIKES! that will destroy my worlds & though this would be the only expansion I won't get.
    However, once I found out a week later that we will also get toggles to turn off the pullution then I thought maybe I might get the game.
    I'm still waiting for the rest of the information about this expansion pack before I decide if it could be useful in my game saves.
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 126 Member
    I really want to know more about the world map and premades.
    Someone leak this >:)
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 341 Member
    I can't stop wondering that why they have not yet shown world map or anything else major things. It kinda even scares me since it feels like they are hiding that world.
    Maybe it really is the same size than Del Sol Valley but they don't want more backflash so they don't show it.... :neutral: simguru said something about lots of lots tho so that sounds like it would be bigger but i really wan't to see.
    Till then i'm waiting nerveusly..
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • logionlogion Posts: 2,182 Member
    edited May 2020
    cody6268 wrote: »

    The three Sims used to promote this pack have to be some of the ugliest premade TS4 Sims in existence. They make my worst townies look like supermodels.

    I think they look okay in the game, but I do not think that they look good on the cover. I liked when the sims looked more like they did on the older covers where they had more lightning and they looked more like the sims look like in the game.

    jl4BPGp.png
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 991 Member
    logion wrote: »
    cody6268 wrote: »

    The three Sims used to promote this pack have to be some of the ugliest premade TS4 Sims in existence. They make my worst townies look like supermodels.

    I think they look okay in the game, but I do not think that they look good on the cover. I liked when the sims looked more like they did on the older covers where they had more lightning and they looked more like the sims look like in the game.

    jl4BPGp.png

    I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that the sims on the poster looked ugly af and nothing like the sims we see in-game, even the pear-shaped game generated sims.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,009 Member
    There are plenty of people in my town who look like the first sim.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,682 Member
    I think they look fine. Much better than randomly dressed townies generated in my game.
  • xtianxxtianx Posts: 128 Member
    edited May 2020
    cody6268 wrote: »
    The three Sims used to promote this pack have to be some of the ugliest premade TS4 Sims in existence. They make my worst townies look like supermodels.
    I feel a bit guilty about writing this, but I completely agree! Physical and digital beauty is subjective but when I watched the trailer I may or may not have muttered “Urrgh!” when the first Sim was introduced. Something about her expression ... 🤔

    I do have to say I get what they were going for, though, as I live in the Bay Area in real life and there is definitely that vibe in all the Sims in the trailer, not surprising as this is EA’s backyard. 🙂
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 1,427 Member
    Maybe I've been swamped with in game townies too much, but I thought the sims in the trailer were very nice, particularly the red haired one. Individuals rather than barbie dolls.
    Origin ID: 3989
  • xtianxxtianx Posts: 128 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    Maybe I've been swamped with in game townies too much, but I thought the sims in the trailer were very nice, particularly the red haired one. Individuals rather than barbie dolls.
    I do agree with you here - some in-game diversity done well is welcome. Perhaps this metric is being refined with the release and will allow for coherent townie generation vs. the random and somewhat haphazard way it seems to be handled currently? *hopes*

  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,814 Member
    This pack reminds me of Strangeville for some reason same style and game play.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,116 Member
    candy8 wrote: »
    This pack reminds me of Strangeville for some reason same style and game play.

    I really fail to see how it's like Strangerville though? They already said that it's not a storyline like Strangerville. I am THRILLED because of that. Strangerville was a "one and done" storyline and I hope we never see packs like that one again. I am actually excited for Eco Lifestyle because of all the creative hobbies it's including. I can't wait to learn more!
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited May 2020
    logion wrote: »
    cody6268 wrote: »

    The three Sims used to promote this pack have to be some of the ugliest premade TS4 Sims in existence. They make my worst townies look like supermodels.

    I think they look okay in the game, but I do not think that they look good on the cover. I liked when the sims looked more like they did on the older covers where they had more lightning and they looked more like the sims look like in the game.

    jl4BPGp.png

    THIS! I noticed this and was like "why are the cover sims look so awful here?!?!? It doesn't even look official!"

    Why do they look so god awful?! They look so strange, and the middle woman's smile...oh god it looks so AWFUL! It's unsettling.
  • ShinzShinz Posts: 2 New Member
    Eco lifestyle? Really?! That's soooo 2004! Why not a Supernatural GP? Or even a huge update on Realm of Magic to include fairies and vampire-werewolf hybrids? Or even just vampire-witchy hybrids, really @[email protected]
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 1,427 Member
    Shinz wrote: »
    Eco lifestyle? Really?! That's soooo 2004! Why not a Supernatural GP? Or even a huge update on Realm of Magic to include fairies and vampire-werewolf hybrids? Or even just vampire-witchy hybrids, really @[email protected]

    I want occult content too. Playing a human is the rarity rather than the norm for me. But I have to say, there's things in this pack which will enable me to play my off the grid green skinned evil witch more along the lines of the way I want to.

    I'd love a totally occult themed EP, which a LARGE world, districts suitable for vamps, weres, witches, more occults properly fleshed out, etc etc. But you know, I can already hear the cries of, 'isn't this theme done to death?!?!?!!!!'

    Origin ID: 3989
  • xtianxxtianx Posts: 128 Member
    edited May 2020
    CelSims wrote: »
    I want occult content too. ... But you know, I can already hear the cries of, 'isn't this theme done to death?!?!?!!!!'

    And that’s what must be the most difficult thing for the creative forces behind this series — keeping everyone happy, as best they can, and making it all fairly cohesive in spite of all the differences in themes. Many different kinds of people play this game in myriad ways and for many different reasons, and it’s definitely a beloved title — an iconic title, really — in its own niche and in gaming culture.

    Several players played a Sims game when they first began playing video games and grew up with it, while other gamers (like me) have been playing video games for a while and picked this series up when it debuted twenty years ago. That’s a lot of different types of people to please, manage, and meet the expectations (in some cases the *demands*) of without alienating parts of the Sims community altogether.

    When a supernatural title is announced, folk complain it’s too out there and comment on a forum post. When a more everyday-life type of title is announced, folk complain there aren’t enough mystical elements and comment on a forum post. When the title is a mix of the two styles of play, folk complain there aren’t enough of this thing or that thing or this or that is missing entirely and comment about it in a forum post (or Youtube video or whatever). The game’s creative staff can’t please any one type of player 100%, all throughout the game’s life cycle.

    Given all of that, I think overall The Sims series has something in it for everyone, and the beauty of it is you don’t have to buy all the content, only the titles you like (or like me you can buy it all for the objects but never bother with certain worlds or storylines). What other game can you play as an alien, a vampire, a spellcaster, a suburbanite, a city dweller, a conspiracy theorist, a mermaid, a student, a fairy, or the like while working in some version of many of the different careers and economic pursuits out there? Young, old, large or small, supernatural or not, conformity champion or outlier — take you pick, you can choose it all. That’s why I keep coming back to The Sims — it really does let you play with life, in all different kinds of ways. None of the many other video games I own can deliver on that like The Sims can. 😃

  • lmccall6860lmccall6860 Posts: 54 Member
    PLEASE no. my sims has picked up enough trash.we wanted household useful things to make the game more real, even cars, better babies..going school kids,hobbies.No real simmer wants to see aliens,collect space rocks...we don't think these things are cute.you think they are funny but we are stuck with tasteless bears,silly costumes... please listen to the consumers...40.00 is a larger amount to pick up swill.NOT everyone is new age.
  • lmccall6860lmccall6860 Posts: 54 Member
    why would i want to live on a tiny lot..
  • SimsersionSimsersion Posts: 51 Member
    This is actually quite exciting. And to all the people bashing it from just seeing a trailer. We haven't had a dev stream yet so please for the love of all things, chill just a tiny bit. I get some of you didnt want it, but it could be better than what we saw in the trailer.
  • Demicompton1Demicompton1 Posts: 22 Member
    After talking with some fellow simmers I'm judged
    Too soon I'm gonna wait til it comes out and see. First impression wasnt great. I wanted open worlds and cars
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top