Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lag in CAS and in-game, under 20 FPS and freezing.

KpoiKpoi Posts: 32 Member
I've been having lag in both CAS and live mode, but live mode is unbearable. There's constant freezing and general lag. Overall the FPS is under 20 and it is. horrible. I think my settings are set okay, and I have an FPS limiter at 60 FPS (Using Rivatuner), and try to keep everything as clean as possible. Could this be caused by bad CC, too much, or too many s3packs? I use FPSlimiter and 3booter as well.

What settings for NRASS, SP, MC, would help? I'm playing in a fixed routing Bridgeport that is a brand new game. My cores are unparked, nothing else is taking up space, and other games run fantastically.

Expansions: Late Night, University, Generations, Seasons, Supernatural, Ambitions, Island Paradise, Pets, and World Adventures
Stuff Packs: Fast Lane, High-end Loft, Master Suite, Outdoor Living, and Town Life

All other Sims games run fine with no hiccups and extremely smooth, I can run The Sims 4 on ultra with all DLC and custom content. Is there any way to check for outdated/broken mods, and to see what packages look like visually?

Thanks!

And if you're curious about any of my mods, feel free to ask or message me and I'll tell you which ones! :)

Script Error Log
Device Config
For Device Config, don't mind the lack of free memory, I ran the game again to double check if it's recognizing my graphics card. Chrome and such were open.

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Setting aside the lack of a dedicated graphics card (we'e already discussed this) for the moment, you have a LOT of script mods there and any number of them might be outdated or acting up without identifying themselves as such. The two I would jump all over right away are SimsMX's Hospital Overhaul, it's not going to run properly on current patch levels and is known to break games, and More Sims in Clubs (MSC) as that one can periodically cause issues, on and off depending on the world in play. Also several of Cherry92's mods are way out of date and have since been redone by other mod developers. There are a few I'm afraid I don't recognize.

I would suggest some test runs on this world with NRaas mods only to see if you can get to a point where the lag is not so severe as to ruin gameplay.

Returning to the hardware again, it would actually be surprising to get really good game performance on the EPs you have on integrated graphics. I get the sense that you are not buying into this. Does the game run better or any differently on more basic, less problematic worlds like EA's own Sunset Valley, Riverview, or Twinbrook?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • KpoiKpoi Posts: 32 Member
    @igazor Not really, I found that it usually ran better in custom worlds (Alpine County), I'll go clear up my script mods! Thank you. What expansions would you recommend on taking out? Probably Island Paradise and Pets?
    And, I definitely am planning on a better computer that isn't a laptop, would you recommend Nivida?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    The two heaviest hitting EPs by far are Pets and Seasons. The next two would be Island Paradise and Into the Future (which you do not have). Interesting that you mention Alpine County. That world is beautiful but like some other well-known custom worlds it is so huge that players struggle with it on all kinds of systems if not right away, then after a while.

Nvidia only makes dedicated graphics cards. AMD makes both dedicated and integrated. Both/Either brands are fine for the entire game (all EPs), provided we are talking about dedicated cards of sufficient strength. We can't really go by the brand names, they both make weaker dedicated cards too.

You may need to take out "too many" things, even NRaas StoryProgression as an example, to get to a place where the game runs well. Then very slowly maybe add some back in and test again throughout until you can find a balance between EPs, content, and mods that is reasonably fun to play without overloading things.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    Kpoi wrote: »
    I've been having lag in both CAS and live mode, but live mode is unbearable. There's constant freezing and general lag. Overall the FPS is under 20 and it is. horrible. I think my settings are set okay, and I have an FPS limiter at 60 FPS (Using Rivatuner), and try to keep everything as clean as possible. Could this be caused by bad CC, too much, or too many s3packs? I use FPSlimiter and 3booter as well.

What settings for NRASS, SP, MC, would help? I'm playing in a fixed routing Bridgeport that is a brand new game. My cores are unparked, nothing else is taking up space, and other games run fantastically.

Expansions: Late Night, University, Generations, Seasons, Supernatural, Ambitions, Island Paradise, Pets, and World Adventures
    Stuff Packs: Fast Lane, High-end Loft, Master Suite, Outdoor Living, and Town Life

All other Sims games run fine with no hiccups and extremely smooth, I can run The Sims 4 on ultra with all DLC and custom content. Is there any way to check for outdated/broken mods, and to see what packages look like visually?

Thanks!

And if you're curious about any of my mods, feel free to ask or message me and I'll tell you which ones! :)

Script Error Log
    Device Config
    For Device Config, don't mind the lack of free memory, I ran the game again to double check if it's recognizing my graphics card. Chrome and such were open.

@Kpoi Performance/technical problems like these are usually caused by 1) Playing on an underpowered computer, or 2) Having bad (i e outdated, poorly made, corrupt etc.) third party content in your game. Or a combination of both 1 and 2.

I have all EP's, all SP's and everything from the Store (but NO third party content) installed on several computers, both gaming laptops and desktops, and it works fine for the most part. There are some bugs and glitches here and there of course, but they're usually fixable or possible to work around somehow. :)