Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Famous is STILL broken.

OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
edited May 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Now I don't wanna be one of those people that complains all the time, but the Get Famous expansion has been broken since the last patch, over a month ago. Myself and many others reported that it was broken over a month ago when the issue first occurred and absolutely nothing has been done to fix it and as far as I'm aware it hasn't even been addressed by the sims team yet.

The issue is that the acting career, the main feature of the pack doesn't work anymore. If your sim gets an acting job they will not go and nothing will happen, the gig won't go away, they won't go to a rabbit hole gig, there won't be a notification about the gig starting, absolutely nothing will happen. The only way of getting around it is by basically quarantining your sims in their home for the entire duration between audition and the gig (on a sidenote the timing of this bug occurring is almost comical) but it's just ridiculous at this point. Expansion packs cost a lot of money, the main feature of a $40 expansion pack being broken for months is not good enough. This should have been made priority and patched straight away but instead it seems to be getting ignored and players are still being sold a pack which frankly does not work. It's not good enough.

Update: Apparently this bug is also occurring with the Get to Work careers and it's also occurring for console players
Post edited by Onverser on

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Broken content is one of the main reasons I stopped buying over three years ago. I don't throw good money after bad. Or at least I hope I never will again.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited May 2020
    So this gets dumped in the "game feedback" forum which nobody uses so nobody can see our complaints whilst all of the posts complaining about Eco Lifestyle are left where they are.... :| Since people are looking at this to move it and hide it away fix the bug. We've paid for this content and its an absolute joke how zero effort is being put into making it function
  • Lorna08Lorna08 Posts: 98 Member
    edited May 2020
    I started playing the Get Famous careers and came across this problem with the Acting gigs. I researched online and it looks like it is buggy. The recommendations were many such as remove your mods, don't travel between audition and acting gig, don't go to Manage World and back between audition and gigs. I tested it today by removing my mods and accepting another Audition. I made sure not to travel between the audition and the gig and it did fix it for me. But how annoying! I'm going to test it with the mods but no traveling - I rather sacrifice traveling for one sim day than taking out my mods. But we shouldn't have to sacrifice anything! FIX GET FAMOUS!
    y7Kh4Ip.png
    Follow me on (S)imstagram @SimmerLorna
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,177 Member
    Problem is, this is modern day EA. They don't care about fixing Expansion packs that came out over a year ago. I mean how many Expansion, Game and Stuff packs have completely broken features that EA won't even touch with a ten foot long pole? If we are really lucky, and when I mean lucky I mean, 7 lucky rabbit feet, a field of 4 leaf clovers and not a ladder or broken mirror in an 800 mile radius, EA MIGHT consider patching this. But at the same time, again, EA 2020. Which really sucks because wow, there are some real useless expansion, game and stuff packs right now just because EA is dead set on pushing out Knitting and Eco-Living and I imagine the pollution system will be broken by January 2021 and knitting will result in a game crashing error maybe 4 months after release.

All we can do is hope.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    Get famous isn't the only active career that is broken. All of the ones from Get to Work are too. That was one of the first EP released. So I wish you luck. Maybe a modder will fix it?
  • iceycaticeycat Posts: 9 New Member
    Yeah this is beyond ridiculous and apparently it's a somewhat regularly recurring bug too. I can't work as an actor at all right now because of this
  • Lorna08Lorna08 Posts: 98 Member
    Problem is, this is modern day EA. They don't care about fixing Expansion packs that came out over a year ago.
    All we can do is hope.

I wish I knew it before I bought it recently. Not a lot of people are talking this issue... One wouldn't think to search for this when buying a game pack. One would assume it's fixed by now. :(
    y7Kh4Ip.png
    Follow me on (S)imstagram @SimmerLorna
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited May 2020
    This should have been fixed a long time ago, the first bug was that your tasks were not completed in the actor career which they caused in December, but for some reason they did not attempt to fix it until April, where they somehow managed to make it worse and we now have this bug where you can't travel before a gig.

Here is the reported bug on Answer HQ: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-GF-Acting-Career-Sim-not-getting-gig-pop-up/td-p/8930411

Here is a fix until EA/Maxis fixes their problems themselves. https://thefreshsims.tumblr.com/post/616054851635396608/acting-career-gig-fix
    Post edited by logion on
    edited May 2020
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    Get famous isn't the only active career that is broken. All of the ones from Get to Work are too. That was one of the first EP released. So I wish you luck. Maybe a modder will fix it?

Get to Work is broken aswell? Yikes. I don't have the pack but I was thinking of buying it the other day so now I'm glad I didn't
    Lorna08 wrote: »
    Not a lot of people are talking this issue... One wouldn't think to search for this when buying a game pack.
    Yeah that's part of my issue, it feels like borderline censorship how all of the posts talking about Get Famous being broken have just been moved into the "Feedback" forum which very few people look at and all of the posts about it on the report errors thing have just been shut down and ignored with a workaround being given to anyone that complains
  • SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    My game has this issue (and I only just downloaded the pack, well done EA). I find that if I cancel and then re-apply to the gig it tends to fix it, though going through the auditions again is really annoying to the point where I feel forced to get the perk that lets you skip auditions. It's been driving me crazy.
    banner.png
  • StrawberrymouthStrawberrymouth Posts: 5 New Member
    Well... can we actually ask for a refund when the packs aren’t working and no one’s trying to fix it ?
    I can imagine that a refund would be just the right kind of motivation for maxis/EA to get there bugs fixed or at least to make it a priority to fix their bugs.
    I’m not sure if it’s actually legal to ask for a refund - but right now Maxis/EA is selling content that isn’t working. If you buy stuff that happens to be broken? Every store has to give you a refund or change the broken one with a working one.
  • StrawberrymouthStrawberrymouth Posts: 5 New Member
    Oh dear some typos... *their and that one ? shouldn’t be there either 😅
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Dang that's a shame...IS the hair and makeup bug there too? Where they fail and fail and fail AND fail?!

It makes me so angry, they should focus on fixing bugs...

Heck I'd be happy if they didn't drop content and told us they were working on a HUGE bug fix so this game can be playable....I honestly WOULD not mind that.
    But no, they are gonna add more content ontop of this buggy and broken game....

:(
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    woooooooooooo I am just yelling about this the other day. My actor literally cannot travel anywhere while he has a gig. If he travels, it gets bugged out and he doesn't get the option to go to work. This career always has some issue. From the make up chair, to the completed task getting wiped, now the my actor has to sit home while he waits for a gig. SO RIDICULOUS. I mean it was basically the main career in the pack...FIX IT ALREADY.
    edited May 2020
    Just wanted to add that there is a mod that fixes the issue now which you can find here:

https://thefreshsims.tumblr.com/post/616054851635396608/acting-career-gig-fix

It shouldn't really be up to modders to fix EA's mess but whatever, this should fix the problem for anyone else with the issue until the sims team decides to be bothered to make their content functional again. I haven't tried it yet but other people have said it works so yeah
  • Katee22Katee22 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Onverser said:
    > Now I don't wanna be one of those people that complains all the time, but the Get Famous expansion has been broken since the last patch, over a month ago. Myself and many others reported that it was broken over a month ago when the issue first occurred and absolutely nothing has been done to fix it and as far as I'm aware it hasn't even been addressed by the sims team yet.
    >
    > The issue is that the acting career, the main feature of the pack doesn't work anymore. If your sim gets an acting job they will not go and nothing will happen, the gig won't go away, they won't go to a rabbit hole gig, there won't be a notification about the gig starting, absolutely nothing will happen. The only way of getting around it is by basically quarantining your sims in their home for the entire duration between audition and the gig (on a sidenote the timing of this bug occurring is almost comical) but it's just ridiculous at this point. Expansion packs cost a lot of money, the main feature of a $40 expansion pack being broken for months is not good enough. This should have been made priority and patched straight away but instead it seems to be getting ignored and players are still being sold a pack which frankly does not work. It's not good enough.
    >
    > Update: Apparently this bug is also occurring with the Get to Work careers and it's also occurring for console players
  • Katee22Katee22 Posts: 2 New Member
    Yeah I know, the only reason I bought the pack was to do the actor career. It will let me go to the audition, but then after that, it doesn't take me to the role or even tell me it's on. I find out I've missed in the career panel. Shame Sims has so many bugs, instead of bringing out a new pack. How about just fixing everything in the existing packs and not forgetting about them.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    They almost always stick to a monthly or bimonthly patch schedule, very rarely they release a hotfix patch unlike any other game developers.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Dang that's a shame...IS the hair and makeup bug there too? Where they fail and fail and fail AND fail?!

It makes me so angry, they should focus on fixing bugs...

Heck I'd be happy if they didn't drop content and told us they were working on a HUGE bug fix so this game can be playable....I honestly WOULD not mind that.
    But no, they are gonna add more content ontop of this buggy and broken game....

:(

^This. Stop adding new content on top of broken content and just fix the game! I would honestly play it more if they did that.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • CardioJCardioJ Posts: 6 New Member
    I am having the same trouble. I left my actor Sim at home the whole time between audition and gig, but other members of the family traveled, and the actor still could not go to his gig. Do the moderators read this forum? I guarantee this is the last pack I will buy until they get this fixed.
  • xMyrthexMyrthe Posts: 56 Member
    kaylin205 wrote: »

What's broken about them..? I'm currently playing as a scientist (lvl 8) and haven't had any issues so far
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    This reminds me, did they ever fix the problem where Sims taking dirty clothes from the hamper would glitch? The laundry bag just drags along.
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    It's a bug across the whole game not just Game Famous :P btw you don't have to buy the packs it seems like a kids thing and tricking people into packing for them but you can build Vacation Homes on Generic Lots and you can Garden on the grass or in plant pots there's more to do there than you think ;) yeh i know... What's the point in Seasons? LOL.
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    I mean into buying the packs* typo, all Seasons does is it has an effect on the plants of when they can grow and bear fruit or veg, you can just use it for your sims to eat too :) i can't wait for that because i love gardening in TS2, anyway you could try Saving it before you book a Gig and if it doesn't work reload and book another it's been known to work but sadly not for everyone it's worth a try.