Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Changing the music on Wall Speakers

Is there anyway to change the type of music that's playing on wall speakers? I made a Dive Bar and used buydebug to get some of the wall speakers, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to change which station it's on, and classical music, unfortanately, doesn't seem like the right type of music to dance to while on top of counters.

Comments

• Options
    originalsimoriginalsim Posts: 1,696 Member
    edited February 2011
    Hold down the Ctrl and Shift buttons at the same time and click on the wall speaker. You'll get several options and will be able to choose the music you want.
  • Options
    LoCatusLoCatus Posts: 1,740 Member
    edited February 2011
    LoL... Classical Dive Bar... Catering to the elite who lost everything on the stock market.
  • Options
    simsdivagirlchicksimsdivagirlchick Posts: 2,298 Member
    edited February 2011
    Rachael1 : Thanks for asking this question. I have been wanting to change my music in the clubs too but I thought it could not be changed at all. lol

originalsim : Thank you I can now change some of my clubs to custom music.

:)
  • Options
    jennbunnyjennbunny Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    I tried holding the ctrl+shift and then clicking on the speaker but all it does is let me object and delete the speaker. what am i doing wrong? :?:
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited May 2011
    Hi: I could be wrong but I think it's Shift + control. Haven't played in a while but that was the combination I used to designate treasures and stuff in tombs, etc.
  • Options
    xXxCo0ki3sxXxxXxCo0ki3sxXx Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    You have to be in buy/build mode to change it. (Remember to click shift + ctrl)
  • Options
    SumoBSumoB Posts: 1,217 Member
    edited August 2011
    OMG! I thought it was something wrong with my game, I could never ever build clubs cause the music there would always be classic!!!! Thanks! :D Feel weird that I say this but God bless you! ^^ (have been watching christmas carol today, you see)
  • Options
    PBIRDSTEELERPBIRDSTEELER Posts: 4 New Member
    edited October 2011
    LoCatus wrote:
    LoL... Classical Dive Bar... Catering to the elite who lost everything on the stock market.

That is hilarious. :lol:
  • Options
    DaletheSimDaletheSim Posts: 430 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Rachael1 wrote:
    Is there anyway to change the type of music that's playing on wall speakers? I made a Dive Bar and used buydebug to get some of the wall speakers, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to change which station it's on, and classical music, unfortanately, doesn't seem like the right type of music to dance to while on top of counters.

You don't have to use buydebug either. Speakers are in the Community Lot items, same as the ropes, you change the access on them the same way you change the speakers. FYI
  • Options
    SakurakosanSakurakosan Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2013
    LoCatus wrote:

Lol I'm sorry your comment made my day xD I was laughing when I read it. Thanks for that
  • Options
    bjk607bjk607 Posts: 168 Member
    edited May 2020
    @Rachel1 all you do is put in a radio, turn it on and then left click and there you will see an option to change the music to what you want as well as the volume, skip, workout, dance and turn on/off as well. @Originalsim sorry but that will only give you the option of object and then to delete
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2020
    @bjk607 - That doesn't work for community lot wall speakers which is what these players wanted to work with rather than regular stereos. Hence the modifier-clicks that must be used in Build/Buy Mode. Just to confirm though, you do realize this thread is from nine years ago and is about TS3 and not TS4, correct? :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Thanks for looking to help @bjk607. @Igazor is correct though, this is an older thread and TS3 so I'll close it out here. Always a good idea to throw an eye over the timestamps by the opening post/last post to help avoid necroposting. :).
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top