Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Something weird happened. And I mean WEIRD

I was looking through my Sim's relationship and her father is her romantic interest

Comments

• NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Well, the heart isn't picky :D

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Oh sims. You strange, strange little creatures. But yeah that's a bug that's been around since base game I think. If a sim is in a romantic conversation with another sim and another sim jumps in the conversation, sometimes they get a romantic relationship with that sim too. Regardless of if they are related or not. They fixed it in a previous patch but I guess its back now.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Eeeeewwww! Might I suggest a short course of MCCC relationship fixer? lol
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    Yeah, that's beyond weird. That skips right over into the Creepy Much folder. It's also uncomfortable for me to watch the younger sister of my Global Celebrity get all flirty in her actions toward her BROTHER. EWWWWW
    @Catzilla, I use MCCC, could you please direct me to the proper setting to avoid this? Or need I just use RTF to make her non-responsive to celebs, in general? Please, and thank you, in advance.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    @GalacticGal I'm not sure how to prevent it but you can change the Relationship Levels with MCCC. With MCCC installed, click on the other sim of the inappropriate/unwanted romantic attentions (not your sim). The MCCC menu will open. At the bottom of the menu is Relationships. Click that, Look for Set Active Realtionship Levels. You'll see Friendly and Romantic. That's where you can fix it.

Incidentally, this is also how you can fix broken relationship connections frex: your father/daughter relationship tie gets broken somehow (transferring sims to a new save game or what have you). If you notice they aren't related anymore you can go in and Add Relationship and that will allow you to reconnect them as father and daughter.
    Catzilla wrote: »
    @GalacticGal I'm not sure how to prevent it but you can change the Relationship Levels with MCCC. With MCCC installed, click on the other sim of the inappropriate/unwanted romantic attentions (not your sim). The MCCC menu will open. At the bottom of the menu is Relationships. Click that, Look for Set Active Realtionship Levels. You'll see Friendly and Romantic. That's where you can fix it.

Incidentally, this is also how you can fix broken relationship connections frex: your father/daughter relationship tie gets broken somehow (transferring sims to a new save game or what have you). If you notice they aren't related anymore you can go in and Add Relationship and that will allow you to reconnect them as father and daughter.

Thanks I am acquainted with that part of MCCC, I just thought there was a way to prevent her reaction to her brother, the STAR. I think I'll give the RTF setting a try.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    edited May 2020
    @GalacticGal Yeah, sorry. I don't know why a sibling would come up as a romantic possibility even with him being a superstar. Have you checked to make sure their relationship is still intact as bro and sis? Weird stuff happens sometimes.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    edited May 2020
    There is some sort of problem. Mccc does not seem to be working or there is a bug with the game. I am playing with a couple and their friendship levels drop with romantic actions. They went into the red so I used Mccc to fix it. Within a couple of days the friendship level is tanked again. I have MCCC set on zero decay for both friendship and romance. The romance level is not affected. My Sims just had a baby and the relationship is in the red for both parents. Something is messed up. I repaired the game and started a new save because of this and it's still happening with a new family.

EDIT: Just wanted to add the I used MCCC to stop fame decay and it's not working either. I am going to make sure I have the latest version. My game is up to date.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    It's most likely the romance bar was somehow activated. I've seen this happen in my game before. Have you tried to see if she can engage in romantic conversation with her father? If not, then I wouldn't worry about it.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    It is freaking DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!
    This happened to me to, but they were first cousins. Yuck and ew! *puking emoji*
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
    edited May 2020
    Catzilla wrote: »
    @GalacticGal Yeah, sorry. I don't know why a sibling would come up as a romantic possibility even with him being a superstar. Have you checked to make sure their relationship is still intact as bro and sis? Weird stuff happens sometimes.

No, but you make a very good point. I'll have to check that out. I've downloaded saved Sims families from My Library only to have to reset their parents as married! Now I know why they say "Weirder Stories". Oi! I surely didn't think they'd built them into the game. :open_mouth:

@DoloresGrey I get where you're coming from, but in the near Past it wasn't uncommon for first cousins to wed. It was all about keeping the land 'in the family'. Somewhere along the line, society/science stepped in and put a halt to the practice. Too many 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and other health problems were occurring because that weak gene when mixed with a like weak gene breeds problems. Now, in the USA, you can't marry a cousin any closer than the third cousin level.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Speaking of cousins that marry each other; did you know that Queen Victoria married her 1st cousin Prince Albert & that they had 9 children together?
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I just hope they will fix this as soon as possible. I don't want this in my game! I know it is just a game and bugs happen but this is a NO NO! Since I read a book called I am not your daughter anymore (orig. Ich bin nicht mehr eure) by Karin Jäckel I am very sensitive to such stuff. Everyone should read it.

@GalacticGal I am pretty sure that first cousin can marry in my country and they can have children together. Which is very weird and I do not understand it. Maybe that is because I don't know anyone who has done it.

@SERVERFRA I had no idea they were first cousins. I have seen the movie Young Victoria about 2 moths ago.

-probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
    Just because a close relative may have a little "romantic attraction" to another does not mean they are going to get married and have kids. In real life I mean. Also what if a daughter and mother both have romantic attraction to each-other and do get "married". Since neither can have kids with each-other, then since there is no genetic breeding problems, it's fine then?

I was thinking this topic was about a minor game glitch, but if it's going genetics and morality and philosophy, I know a first-cousin couple, (male and female) that married and decided to adopt, instead of have their own genetic offspring. I have known someone who's biological parents are first-cousins. I also know of two gay brothers that married. So real-life can sometimes be more bizarre than a simulated game glitch.

Just saying!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

@Anisim If this does bother you, which I understand, there are ways to fix it.

~You could set "Romance" to -100 (Honestly I have no idea how negative romance works, really!)

~You could clear all relationships with a mod. And set it through the mod. You'd have to read up and/or watch tutorials on how to do that.

~Save one of the characters to "Library" delete them in-game, then load from library. You will have to manually set relationships again for that character manually, like if you did that with the father, you would have to set him as her father again. You can do this with cheat codes, don't need mods.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Speaking of cousins that marry each other; did you know that Queen Victoria married her 1st cousin Prince Albert & that they had 9 children together?

Yes, Royals used to intermarry with their close cousins in Europe and the British Isles (and siblings in Egypt) under the mistaken impression that it was keeping the royal lines pure and strong. Then they figured out that inbreeding was not good after some very unfortunate birth defects started to develop in the royal lines.
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Hi @Anisim,

On Answers HQ we have a Bug Report section for cases like these. Could you create a bug report for this please? This link will get you started: https://answers.ea.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/The-Sims-4-Bugs

I'll lock this thread here in the meantime.

Thank you,

EA_Lanna
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top