Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic Is Great

After months of owning it, I finally visited the magical world and created a spellcaster. I am so impressed by this pack! The magical atmosphere with the colors and magical sounds is just gorgeous. It almost feels like two packs in one, like Vampires and Island Living stuck together. I’m looking forward to exploring it more!

As a side note, I was surprised by which of my characters ended up being the trailblazer. A very down-to-earth, realistic fellow, who loved the city life in San Myshuno, but agreed to move in with his sweetheart in Glimmerbrook. He went for a jog one morning, found the magical portal, and ended up encountering the Sage of Practical Magic. It seemed meant to be for a practical fellow like himself. :)
Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:

Comments

• jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Glad you are enjoying it. I played it once but don’t feel like playing it again. I play vampires multiple times and am even thinking to replaying Strangerville. Somehow I was expecting more different magic. I mean all the magics are nothing new things we already have in the game in one form Or another. What about something really novel Sims team. Like I dunno summon a dragon or something. Surprise me.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    One of my favorites. I love having spellcasters. I also get more enjoyment by downloading the massive amounts of custom spell mods that are out there.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I love it too! I was pleasantly surprised by this pack. I love the chaos it can bring. My Sim just goes around causing hell for everyone :lol: I also love the build/buy and CAS items.
    giphy.gif
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Glad to hear you like it! I really, really enjoy it, it's one of my favorites. <3

I just think it should have been a bigger pack because it had so much more potential.
    #Team Occult
  • rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    I wish we had gotten a Supernaturals type expansion for this game because I don't feel like paying 20 euros per occult type,lol.

However witches used to be my favorite occult sims so I miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight end up getting the pack later.
  • jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    Yes, it is. :relieved:
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I wish we had gotten a Supernaturals type expansion for this game because I don't feel like paying 20 euros per occult type,lol.

However witches used to be my favorite occult sims so I miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight end up getting the pack later.

Supernatural is the pack that sold me on The Sims, so I understand your enthusiasm. That said, I really, really like the individual Occult lifestates receiving a fuller treatment in individual packs. Personally, I have no interest in Vampires. I like that I can have Spellcasters without them.

I also, on an unrelated note, really love the Edwardian and Art Nouveau Build/Buy assets in Realm of Magic. I only wish there were more of them.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I love this pack so much. It should have been an EP though, there was SO much more they could do with this theme, and so little they can do with Eco Lifestyle. Oh well.
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    Glad you are enjoying it. I played it once but don’t feel like playing it again. I play vampires multiple times and am even thinking to replaying Strangerville. Somehow I was expecting more different magic. I mean all the magics are nothing new things we already have in the game in one form Or another. What about something really novel Sims team. Like I dunno summon a dragon or something. Surprise me.

Same, I've replayed vampires and even Strangerville more than spellcasters, it turned out to be my least favorite even though witches are my favorite occult.

But I do love how pretty eveyrthing about it is. I'm glad people are enjoying it. I'll probably give it another shot soon if I come up with some kind of interesting story.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited May 2020
    I love ROM and often play spellcasters. My only issue is that I wish there was more to do in the magic realm itself.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    I am also very pleased with realm of magic. I like to have magic in the game, I like the look and feel of the magic realm. The build/buy is absolutely gorgeous. Despite the feeling it did not reach it's full potential (too unbalanced and easy) I enjoy it very much.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    So glad you like it! I love this pack and the ability to make spellcasters and even the different avenues you can take with them. I love all the little stuff that comes with it like how they read or can send off familiars. There is just a lot to this pack to play with. The spells have given me lots of enjoyment for both my good and bad and even more neutral witches. They did some good patches with it too already.
    egTcBMc.png
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Its the best packs they put out there.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    There were definitely issues with this pack but overall I am really pleased with it. Do I wish things were different yes but I definitely don't regret getting it 🐻😋🐾
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I like the pack well enough, but it's not without its flaws.
    Not enough spells (remedied with the various spell mods--even if people stopped making them like a month later)
    The game's too eager to turn my existing Sims into spellcasters (remedied with mods, but still annoying and to this day I'm still discovering Sims I created that were turned into spellcasters months ago)
    The townies are downright hideous compared to the ones in the trailer (remedied with CAS/the gallery)
    But I really dislike the actual magic realm. It's so small, and we can't even live there? I mean, what? Then there's the greenhouse we can't enter, and... ugh. It's so empty. The greenhouse needed a park, and the dueling grounds should've been an actual buildable lot.

After the first few days playing it on release I have never visited to the magic realm since because of how awful it is.
    wJbomAo.png
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Not enough spells (remedied with the various spell mods--even if people stopped making them like a month later)
    The game's too eager to turn my existing Sims into spellcasters (remedied with mods, but still annoying and to this day I'm still discovering Sims I created that were turned into spellcasters months ago)
    The townies are downright hideous compared to the ones in the trailer (remedied with CAS/the gallery)
    But I really dislike the actual magic realm. It's so small, and we can't even live there? I mean, what? Then there's the greenhouse we can't enter, and... ugh. It's so empty. The greenhouse needed a park, and the dueling grounds should've been an actual buildable lot.

After the first few days playing it on release I have never visited to the magic realm since because of how awful it is.

Yeah, the greenhouse. It's so beautiful, but why can we even go there? And I would have liked to have some sort of food stall or something where the shops are, so sims could linger and hang out there when doing their magic shopping idk. The whole floating bits thing with the shops is also gorgeous, but I have no real reason to be in those places much.
  • Unnamed_SunUnnamed_Sun Posts: 16 Member
    I really like this pack! Participtulary the game-play, and the aesthetics!
    However, I would have liked it more if I could use the magic realm even further, because while it is really pretty, my disappointment was huge, when I could enter the greenhouse.
  • Demicompton1Demicompton1 Posts: 22 Member
    I have to get this pack i love watching the game plays
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    j1z1 wrote: »
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

Yeah, the greenhouse. It's so beautiful, but why can we even go there? And I would have liked to have some sort of food stall or something where the shops are, so sims could linger and hang out there when doing their magic shopping idk. The whole floating bits thing with the shops is also gorgeous, but I have no real reason to be in those places much.

Yes! Exactly! The world design is really a step down from Maxis' usual standard.
    It LOOKS nice, but it's so lacking in content it really feels like it's unfinished (and the bugs at launch make me wonder if maybe it was)
    wJbomAo.png
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    Wow I completely disagree. I hate Realm of Magic...witches were cheaply made in TS4, they are boring and uncreative and recycle most of the content from GTW. Kid witches didn't even get anything to do, just overall a lacking pack. The actual Realm of Magic is nice but there's nothing to do there, and I don't really see a purpose for the Sages if not to hand hold your spellcaster through the content. Duels are also very repetitive which makes gameplay really boring after a certain time.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    For some reason I'm not feeling this pack. I was looking forward to it, but after I got it I have barely played it. I guess it's okay but like @jimbbq I would have liked some special spells instead of stuff you can already do in the game. I'm glad you enjoy it though. I'm hopeful I will find some use for it.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    There are definitely some things lacking with this pack and that's a shame. My only hope is that they decide to go back and add or update some things from all the different packs. I miss spells like clean the lot, or banishing a Sim off the lot. It really really bothers me that I can't cast a spell like Grand Delisio and watch a table fill up with food or a counter top for that matter.

I'm trying to find fun ways to play with the pack 🧙‍♂️🧙
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    I love it too, though I hope it's one of the packs from the survey that they would update/expand upon, as I miss Bonehilda, more spells and would love dragon eggs you raise.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I love the pack. The magical realm is just what I needed.

Wish that kids could have had the ability to see magic. I love to make occult families so I wish that there was more for them.
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    I love this pack and play it in conjunction with vampires. I usually have a spellcaster involved with a vampire. I've had a couple of hybrid kids from this ( eventhough it's not suppose to be possible ). I love that, when a partner gets a little too friendly with some other sim, my sim can hit them both with a zip-zap spell.