Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Random Sim or in game sim?

So I think there's an option for the game to place random sims in the world. What I want to know if that these are just sims from random people, or are they pre made for other expansions, or are they just random pre made sims? Like I would know if by I google search for them and they show up then they are made for an expansion, if they don't show up in search then they are randomly made I guess?

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Some things cause the game to generate new, random Sims (which I am given to understand is what some Simmers mean by "townies"). These generally appear in service roles as bartenders, mail carriers, maids, etc.

But there is also a bin of premade Sims, not associated with a particular household, that exists for every world. The "hidden mermaids" on Sulani, for instance. These can also get drafted into careers or service roles.

Only Maxis knows just how all of this works under the hood. But yes, I'd say if a game-produced Sim doesn't have a bio anywhere online (The Sims Wiki tends to get updated with the premades fairly quickly), it is a fair indication that they are a truly random Sim.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Now see, I've been wondering about that, but never got around to asking about it.

My Sim got married to the Willow Creek librarian (Shayna Felix) and after she moved in, the game created a SECOND Shayna Felix to run the Willow Creek library!

Based on it, I thought the game had 2 (random) Sims for the "townie" jobs - 1male, 1female. In other words, if I killed the 2nd Shayna, would a 3rd Shayna spawn to be the librarian? (Not done it yet)

Is there a "basket" of Shayna Felix Sims ready to be a librarian at the Willow Creek library? I'm not sure... yet.

The only thing I am sure about, is that I've got 2 Shayna Felix Sims in Willow Creek in my game now. :/ Maybe I could have them become best friends? ...

... :lol:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • CareyEve36CareyEve36 Posts: 287 Member
    Yeah, so to my understanding, the "townies" are the regulars? Like the BFFs, the Pancakes, the Spencer-Kim-Lewis, the Roomies, the Calientes the Landgrabs and the Goths, are all original families, and others like Johnny Zest who is new to me but always there, I don't know any other new Sims 4 families? And then there's others that I don't think are new but just randomly made either by people or the game and placed in the world?
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    Families like the Goths, Pancakes, Spencer-Kim-Lewis, Zest are usually all called pre-mades. They all live in houses and are added to the game by Maxis, either in basegame or in packs.

I call the randomly generated sims townies, to separate them from premade families. They are sims the game generates, very randomly, to fill roles, like Sindocat said, for bartenders, mail carrier etc. You can of course find sims made by other players on the Gallery, and put those in your game instead, or in addition to the random sims (gallery sims are usually dressed better :p ).

The librarians are also randomly generated. Strange that the game created 2 with the same name @5782341b77vl . I haven't seen that name in my game before either. I've had at least 2 with the first name Princess, but different last names.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    @Kathykins

Doesn't happen too often when you get 2 SAME name Sims in your game, but it DOES happen. I remember when the game USED TO do multiple Jasmine Holiday Sims. Since she was a special NPC, Jasmine's doubling happened only during the challenges.

ZtWwiJV.png
    Jasmine Holiday (x2) :open_mouth:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 949 Member
    So I think there's an option for the game to place random sims in the world. What I want to know if that these are just sims from random people, or are they pre made for other expansions, or are they just random pre made sims? Like I would know if by I google search for them and they show up then they are made for an expansion, if they don't show up in search then they are randomly made I guess?

To me, random sims are usually found in the sim bin (or whatever it is called in English in Sims 4). If I am really desperate for moving a random sim into a household, I might use a cheat to move the next service sim or unknown sim walking into the lot into the household.

Either way, random means unknown with little reason to pick one in favor of another sim.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member

The game generates random sims to place in empty houses. As far as I know they are not made by other people unless you put them in there from the gallery. Otherwise they are just game generated randoms.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    There are the "pre-made" sims. The ones that are there from the start. Then there are the "hidden pre-mades", ones that show up for story purposes like the grim reaper. After that is the randoms. What people call "townies". The same as if you go into CAS and create-a-sim. A random sim by rolling the dice. Sometimes you'll get up to 3 in a household for the random townies, but usually just one.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I do miss Jasmine Holiday.