Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Matching Cabinets

We have lots of counters, but a lot less Cabinets, which feels silly because Cabinets are far easier to create. I wish we had corresponding cabinets for each Counter. Just a simple skin update for a few packs so that my Cabinets will always match my Counters.
Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I will admit that among the small annoyances that I do sigh over in TS4 is the difficulty of matching bars, counters and cabinets. It would be nice if styles and palettes could be unified across all three.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I wish the tables would have a matching chair too! I only use about 2 out of all the chairs!
  • Options
    slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    i wish the beds had matching furniture
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Sims 4 is super bad at matching in general. So many sofas don't have matching love seats or chairs, so making a good living room can be a challenge.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    I know what you mean. Back when they said they were giving us a bunch of swatches I got excited thinking finally I can match things. I can’t believe two items can both have several brown woods but not one in common.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    In some homes - like if you're portraying a poor person's home - it fits to have mismatching furniture but in others it doesn't match at all and the sad thing is that these generally aren't complicated items - a chair is a chair, and cabinets aren't polygon heavy. I think a lot of packs have item limits or something.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited May 2020
    Tbh the counters that don't have matching cabinets don't bother me that much, the majority of them do (although the colouring is a bit off for some of them). The ones that don't have their reasons, like the outdoor counter from perfect patio or the shop counters from get to work. The island living one has matching shelves.
    What bothers me more is the incomplete living, bedroom and bathroom sets as well as tables with no matching chairs.

I forgot to mention, the lack of kitchen sinks. We get a new bathroom sink with every pack (but no matching toilet, tub or shower) but almost never get sinks that can be placed in counters. I have to use the base game ones or the one from cool kitchen.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I wish JA counter island would match the counters. Soem do not and it is annoying. I want to match things not to make them look 🐸🐸🐸🐸 ish.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    You lost me at “we have lots of counters”... Do we?? The Sims team clearly hate doing them, for whatever reason, which is prob why they haven’t given matching cabinets to the few counters.

I think the packs that skipped on wall cabinets, did give us shelving units of some kind though? Like JA and IL both come with a bunch of wall units, just not cabinets 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I remember a few years ago one of the gurus (I can't remember which one) said something about it being harder to do counters because of the individual pieces. I can't really remember their exact explanation but I do remember one of the Game Changers talking about it in a video.

At this point I would be willing to settle for more swatches of the basegame counters and cabinets. I know they did that with one of the counters before Cats & Dogs came out. There's one of the basegame counters that only has three swatches. It's the industrial looking one. Plus, a couple of the vintage counter swatches have a weird greenish tint to them.

I wish they would do a big update like they did for the doors but with cabinets and counters. As it is now, I always use the counters from Parenthood or Jungle Adventure. I love those counters and they go with everything but I do like a little more variety.

Ok, maybe I just want more swatches added to all the basegame build/buy mode stuff. Not all at once but I would be happy if that's something we could get. Most people want cars, I just want swatches. 😊
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    edited May 2020
    I just hope we get the matching cabinets for the realm of magic counters at some point.
  • Options
    McBrianDkMcBrianDk Posts: 3 New Member
    Matching furniture?
    In Sims 4? ROFL.

Its like the developers never even heard of color tables.

I mean.. How hard can it be to make matching swatches using color tables? Too hard apparently.
  • Options
    BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
    Aspects of this might be an unpopular opinion...

I definitely get frustrated with the lack of matching swatches on items that should have matching wood tones, fabrics, etc, as well as the obviously incomplete sets of some furniture items; however, some of the best interior design work doesn't depend on everything being perfectly matchy-matchy. Does it make it harder not having matching pieces? Yes! Does it aggravate and frustrate me to no end at times? Definitely! But does it also push me to develop my skills as an interior designer and rethink how to work different items together? Yes! And honestly, I think some of my best rooms have been ones where I've had to really work hard to figure out how to mix and match non-matching items together in a way that makes sense and works.

That said, as much as I appreciate the challenge of working with non-matching swatches and incomplete sets at times and as much as I like how many of those rooms turn out, I agree that we really should have matching swatches and complete sets in the game. I'd rather challenge myself to not work with matching sets when I feel like it, as opposed to being forced to do so ALL THE TIME!
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    The Parenthood set :s

The color of the cabinet around the fridge determines what color your stove and dishwasher have to be if you want things to match. Because if you want red appliances then you have to have a certain color of cabinets in order to match the cabinet that’s attached to the fridge, even if you think something else would look better. It’s either that or you have to pick a different appliance color. It makes me crazy every time. I wish the fridge cabinet in that set was a separate piece from the fridge itself so we could mix and match as we please.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    This is partially why I'm glad I've recently got into Sims 4 Studio. You can import any item, then recolor it. Though I've seen CC packs where many people have already done that to make things match.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    The cabinet issue doesnt bother me as much since I don't use them as much
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    There is actually tons of cabinets. I've gone overboard sometimes in build mode with them. :p
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png