Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

marriage after graduating, sims 3 university

2...Next

Comments

• XiriliaXirilia Posts: 59 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Ah so you can call them long distance! I'm glad somebody answered that I had no idea...

I was trying to contimplate how sick it would be to clone his love interest XD
  • emmoula14emmoula14 Posts: 34
    edited April 2013
    I've been facing the same problem for a couple of days now.. My sim met this guy at university during the first term. When she went back to Uni for the 2nd term, he was somehow added to the household and was totally controlable. They started going steady, graduated together and returned to the original neighbourhood afterwards. Unfortunately, even though they live together and everything, I get the "partner: None" at their status and of course, neither of them can propose.. ****, did they make a good couple! I hope EA will figure something out soon..
  • GurlGamer05GurlGamer05 Posts: 336 Member
    edited April 2013
    I was able to get my sims to marry after university but to get them to actually have their degrees I had to save them to the library and move them to a new town :(
  • mattie10104mattie10104 Posts: 8
    edited April 2013
    I am having problems as well since installing UL, my Uni sweetheart moved himself in and I have never been able to propose. They have since split and she has met someone new, can only ask to be roommate, she can't propose or ask to move in, this is really frustrating, hoping it is fixed soon.
  • sara_kruegersara_krueger Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    My sim started going steady while at uni, then she finished her term and went back to finish the degree. When she went back, her boyfriend was suddenly apart of the household. They both graduated (note: she did not receive an additional trait or the framed degree, but he did) and could not propose. I broke them up then tried to go steady again but there was no option. (note: they had full bar for romantic interest) I at first thought this was because he had the "Loner" trait but I tried to get my sim in a relationship with another sim in her neighbourhood and didn't get the option. (they also had full bar for romantic interest) I heard that if "Ask to Go Steady" isn't visible that it's a glitch. HELP PLEASE?!
  • GuderiansGruntGuderiansGrunt Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    mid-June and they still can't fix it.....anyone found a work-a-around yet since EA Maxis has literally gone fullretard this year?

• MoxieAndShadowMoxieAndShadow Posts: 45 Member
    edited June 2013
    Oh wonderful... this problem is at least a few YEARS old and EA still hasn't fixed it yet. That's just freakin' great! :cry:

I have been trying to get one of them to propose ever since adding university boyfriend to household (yes after she returned to her neighborhood), each time went through all the romantic interactions, while on a date, even tried it while they were not on a date, even tried it while they weren't on a date but were in a group which turned into a date because it automatically does when you start using the romantic interactions. I haven't counted the days BUT IT'S BEEN MANY! To show you how many, they have TWINS. Had to suffer a negative moodlet because they had twins out of wedlock which is crazy because the only reason they had them out of wedlock is because this freakin game won't let either of them propose!!

But hey.. I'm not upset at all.. I'm perfectly calm and collected, and fine.

.... the heck I am :( I want this fixed. I think three years is long enough. In fact three years is TOO LONG!!

So when is EA going to post in here to tell us when THEY are going to fix this bug? Or do we just keep posting one after another Propose isn't showing up for me either and both have 100 romantic?

Enough is enough. Ah well.. why should they (EA) care, they're making money on us buying worlds and Expansion packs etc, and they know regardless of whether they fix this bug that because we're addicted to the sims (I mean why else would we put up with this for 3+ years) that we will keep buying and keep playing..

Oh well.. maybe after 6 or 8 years they will finally fix this bug. When I did a google search on this problem, I think the first year that popped up in the search was 2009. This is now 2013.. Let's see.. that's 4 years, if EA has decided to wait eight years to fix this bug that means we only have 4 more years of waiting! YAY! I guess then in 2017 it'll be fixed.. 2019 if they've decided to fix it in 10 years.

If only we can get them to pay each of us ten bucks for each glitch they don't fix within six months (though I'd prefer not to wait even that long).. then watch how fast they would fix it!

• BuckinghartBuckinghart Posts: 135 Member
    edited June 2013
    I found myself stuck with the same problem. Made a couple that I hope to move and run a resort when the next expansion comes out. Pretty sure I made them as roomates in their relationship. Sent them off to Uni to get degrees, they got romantic..graduate, come back home....and nothing. Romantic interests, neither has a partner..was planning on getting them married and have a few children before they moved but alas..they can have children they just can't do it while married. :(
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited June 2013
    guys I hate to burst your bubble, but proposal menu is very sensitive. The sims have friendship zones too.

This is how you get a proposal for both Boyfriend/Girlfriend which is going steady.

Long term relationship can not be past friends. If you have Good Friends Best Friends or Old Friends you won't never get the proposal as the relationship is just friendly.

If you are friends you need to make the other sim think your alluring or irresistible. This is known as the short term daily relationship bar. This bar displays as a line and words. Sim thinks your being social. This needs to say alluring or irresistible to gain access to the proposal menu.

Now for good friends old friends and Best Friends. You need to hit the relationship back down until the relationship says distant friends. Now you want to hit distant friends back down some more so that your relationship will reset. If you just talk to distant friends they will like just go back to old friends. Now hit it back down til it changes from distant friends to acquaintances. Now when you talk with them they will become friends again. Now your have the special proposal menu.

Remember, In order to get the proposal bar you can not be higher than friends on the long term bar and you need to work up to alluring or irresistible on the daily bar short term bar. If you know what sim your sim is going to be attracted to ahead of time make them enemies while children than as they grow up they become friends this way your sims won't get pushed too high up the social ladder before a proposal happens as either a teen or an adult.

Edit: fixed spelling mistakes and wanted to add one more thing.
    You can't get married in college however, married couples can attend college together so make sure the sim you want that is in college is not married.

Also after the NPC sims graduate college some will work in jobs around the school from professors others leaders of the social clubs and some will work for varies places from the comic store to the grocery store to the coffee shop.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Peachees900Peachees900 Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    What I did was I went to university got two degree while I was dating a guy at university went home invite him over and and got him to move in with me and then went on a date during it he ask my sims to marry him and the next day they were married :)
  • MoneyDoctorMoneyDoctor Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2013
    GUUYYYYZZZ :D:D:D:D I WAS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AND WAS ABOUT TO THROW MY COMPUTER OUT THE WINDOW FROM FRUSTRATION BUT I FOUND OUT WHAT TO DO. FIRST, YOU HAVE TO GET TESTINGCHEATSENABLED TRUE INTO THE CHEATS. THEN ADD THE SIM INTO YOUR ACTIVE HOUSEHOLD. THEN MODIFY TRAITS(FROM CHEAT;HOLD SHIFT AND THEN CLICK ON THE SIM) AND ADD THE TRAIT INAPPROPRIATE. AFTER THAT, IT'LL SAY PROPOSE MARRIAGE. I DID IT AND THE GUY WHO PROPOSED WAS MY EX BOYFRIEND ! :lol::lol: hope this helped ;)
  • tikkitikkilovetikkitikkilove Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    My sim has finished a term and is back home but when I try to call/text/invite over her college bf, it says she doesn't know anyone to do so. I sent my sim to the university as soon as I started the game. Help please
  • aj1awesomeaj1awesome Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    I had tried that but when i shift left clicked him, the option of moving him into my active house hold wasnt there.
  • musiclover884musiclover884 Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    I'm having a similar issue except for the fact that I can't even get the boyfriend to come over from the university. Not quite sure what to do, especially since the game registers my sim inviting him over...he just doesn't show.
  • EJFreezeEJFreeze Posts: 3
    edited August 2013
    OK. I couldn't help but laugh at this. My sim got a girlfriend while in high-school. She was listed as his girlfriend, but then she aged up to young adult. As a result, she was no longer listed as his girlfriend. They were just good friends. Immediately after he aged up, I sent him to university. While attempting to get a girlfriend there, I discovered that he was now back in a relationship with his high-school gf. So he broke up with her by text message (cruel, I know, but he was far away) and gained a Uni gf. Just before finals, his uni gf dies!!! The teachers did NOT give him straight A's. He went back to Uni for a second term and met someone else. But he was still listed as in a relationship with his deceased previous uni gf. No graveyard in University Town, no ghosts, so he couldn't break up with her. Using clean slate I managed to clear his name before attempting to invite over the new Uni gf for marriage. Sadly, there was no marriage option. So I cheated and added her to the household. Still no marriage option. But there WAS an option for her to request that he break up with his high-school gf!!!! :shock: After doing this, NOW he can marry her. And this is the story of why I don't date.
  • AlanahRose3AlanahRose3 Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    My sim went to the university and fell in love but then she had to go home so she invited her boyfriend over and made him her roommate but then I decided to break up and create another sim and have them get married so I had those two sims move into a different home but when they went back to the university the ex boyfriend appears in that bar where you click on the person and control them. So I was wondering when they have to leave the university will the ex boyfriend still be in that bar thing?
  • autumnblue123autumnblue123 Posts: 2
    edited July 2014
    I cant invite my university hunk over because we now live together and i still dont have the option to propose. Does anyone know how to fix this?
  • Hate_Love12Hate_Love12 Posts: 1 New Member
    I love how I'm here, in this old thread. Even though it's 2020. By the way: No, they haven't fixed it.