Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's have some positivity!

I've been observing the forums for the past few days and I am seeing only hate and disappointment and bitterness surrounding most of the threads, and in turn it's making me feel very bitter and miserable. So I decided to make a thread to speak positively about the Sims 4 since there really aren't a lot of other threads like that.

And when there are, someone comes along just to do literally the opposite of the thread's intent.

So, let's just talk about some good things about The Sims 4! I shall start:
  • This game looks really good! I love the art style of this game, and it makes everything more visually appealing in general.
  • Toddlers. They are the best iteration of the life stage that I have ever seen. They're fun to play with and have older Sims teach and take care of, and they have more things to do than in, say, Sims 2.
  • The Supernaturals we have in Sims 4 are more fleshed out, imo, than any of the other Sims games. Vampires and Spellcasters have their own level up systems giving them neat new powers and allowing you to customize them. Vampires even get weaknesses, like random hissing or being even more endangered when in the sun, and magic for Spellcasters is a lot of fun (if pretty game breaking!)
  • The Build mode is so much more fun to mess around with. Mistakes are very easy to fix without having to bulldoze a ton of things, and moving rooms and the house around the lot is incredibly useful!
  • The Sims themselves. I know a lot of people are having issues with their personality, but I don't really see it personally? Traits could do more but I'm happy with the way they act and the way they look in general, very easy to create visually impressive Sims.
  • The worlds may not be open but I do enjoy playing in them! You can still move freely within your Sim's district, unless going into another lot. There are lots of Sims walking around and there is usually a common area like a park or a barbecue location where Sims tend to gather to. Helps that they look nice as well.
  • The holidays in Sims 4 Seasons are fun, if a bit silly. A random holiday happened in one of my saves where the sole purpose was to go around and start fights with people in the neighborhood. That was fun!

There are probably more things I like that I can't think of at the moment. What are your favorite things about The Sims 4?
Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    For me,

It's the best game in the series! It really holds my attention the way the others couldn't. I just love it!

I love the sims personalities as they are now and I prefer this closed world, it's easier to see other sims walking around. Agree with toddlers and art style, both are fantastic!! My favourites easily!

I also love the clean looking UI in this game, very stylish UI that's easy to use!

as someone who can't build, I am soooo thankful for the gallery haha!
  • SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    @SimAlexandria Oh yes, the Gallery! There are times where I just can't get a house to look good or was feeling lazy so I look on the Gallery for a good house. I am total plum at building in the Sims.

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    Great thread. I've seen a mix of both negative and positive, with insightful points from both points-of-view imo. But I do enjoy praising the best elements of TS4 -- there are indeed many.

My personal favorites:

1.The Calendar (w/weather report and the ability to add our own Holidays)

2. The overall look of the game (world, sims, etc.)

3. Being able to wander off the lot and into the surrounding neighborhood

4. The ease of moving/evicting households (and leaving the furnishings behind)

5. The ease of saving and editing households, lots, and rooms

6. Club system (amazing addition)

7. Active careers
  • xMyrthexMyrthe Posts: 56 Member
    I also really love the artstyle! I think that's the main reason I could never get back into the Sims 3, it just looks so insanely outdated, including the clothes and everything.
    And the world as well. Open world not being a thing anymore doesn't matter that much to me, because wherever I go there's always a ton of sims to hang out with. I also love the club system, and the fact that they just kinda show up in the background when you're just hanging out at a lot doing their club stuff. And I love that we can just travel to and live in any world, whereas in the sims 3 you were confined to one world.
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I’ve played TS4 since launch, and it’s definitely my favorite in the series! It’s the first game where i actually managed to get a family past the first generation :D

CAS is fantastic, it’s so fun to play around with! And the worlds are just beautiful. I love taking pictures of the scenery <3
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Ooo I love these threads.
    1) I love the game systems (clubs, holidays, fame, etc)
    2) despite its issues I love multitasking and it’s the main reason I struggle to go back to the other iterations in the series
    3) the art style is wonderful
    4) the amazing CAS and BB modes. I actually enjoy building in sims 4.
    5) and yes I love the toddlers so much in sims 4!!!
  • SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    One thing I think I should mention: the earbuds from Fitness Stuff are great. You could take a Sim to the park, have them put on the earbuds, and let them dance to the song like they would to a radio.

Imagine if you saw someone at the park break dancing to what is practically silence from your perspective?

• OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    The vampires are the best in the series, I like how the dogs and cats are more autonomous, and I think that the change of seasons is the best it has been implemented in the series.
  • Missimay94Missimay94 Posts: 45 Member
    I love sims 4 is there things I would like done better of course but overall I always find ways to make it fun and love how the sims look :)
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    • I love being able to go from world to world. My Sim's daughter wants to get away from the snow of Willow Creek and live in Sulani? No problem, she can do that without any devastating consequences to the story I've already set up!
    • The art style is sooo much better than TS3. No more squished, pudding faces and dead eyes! In this respect, it feels like a true sequel to TS2.
    • CAS and BB are so much easier to navigate (although I wish we had auto roofs because I suck at roofing in the few times I build)
    • THE CALENDAR AND HOLIDAYS! Holidays are so useless in TS3 and non-existent in TS2. I love the holidays in TS4.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Thanks for this thread, OP.

I have grown horribly attached to some of the premades. I used to play Sims 3 extensively, but I can't go back anymore. My love for Sims 4 came slowly, but it has become rock-steady over time. I love that we still get plenty of new things. I'm like a kid before Christmas every time something new is announced. The absolute freedom to play by any or no rules is probably my number one favorite feature.

Something that is completely overlooked or disregarded in the current threads of complaints is that Sims 4 is a gigantic outlet for creative people. The sheer amount of mods and custom content for Sims 4 is insane. There are people more or less making a living creating things for it thanks to donations, because other people think their skills are awesome and want more pretty and/or crazy stuff for their favorite game. A huge thanks and applaud to everyone who spends a great deal of their precious time to create this additional enjoyment which we wouldn't have if it wasn't for The Sims 4 game regardless of the opinions of its state.

The Sims 4 is also so much more than just a simple game. Because it is cheerful, comical, and not overly complicated, I bet it's helping disabled and sick people (including kids) everywhere brighten their days and spicing up their lives and challenging their imagination and skills in managing and coordination. It is pretty and dreamy to slip into when there is little but pain and hardship in real life.

I have only reason to smile at all the good this game does, and on so much more than a personal level. We choose what to focus on here in life and what we will allow to fill us, so why not take in all the good stuff and reject the negative as much as we possibly can?

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    edited May 2020
    To put it shortly..

Yes there is lot of negativity unfortunately, I tend to avoid those threads and comments because there is RARELY anything to get out of those or something that I completely agree with.. But there definitely are also many people who truly like this game and lot of positive/neutral threads too, so keep on looking for those and ignore those that you don't like. :)

I can say for sure that this game has won over TS2 for me now. I enjoy playing this game and see so much pontential what could be still added to it. There are many new features in this game that were not in previous games that I like and have used a lot!
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Where do I start...

Ah yes, build mode.

- I love the way build mode not only keeps surprising me with the things I can build, but how it's being continually improved with time
    - the ability to save rooms for use in other builds and also share them with others
    - no auto-roof. While it's sometimes a struggle to figure out roofing, it's better than leaving it to the code.

The worlds are so beautiful in the game. I don't know if I'll ever get to the point of having explored every nook and cranny of the worlds we have because no matter how much I play, there are always little spots that I discover or see in someone else's video or screenshot that I haven't seen before. With the addition of Seasons, it's all the more fun to see them in different weather conditions.

The Sims themselves. When I first started playing, I thought I'd find it easy to keep aging on and just go through legacies and generations, but I've found myself attached to the Sims so much that even aging them up is hard.
    Especially the toddler stage. Those are immeasurably fun to play and so adorable that it's hard to let go. I love how the longer you play a Sim, the more they veer toward things that match their traits (active Sims love their gym equipment, outdoorsy Sims keep heading to the garden, etc). I love seeing the genetics in families and how the features transfer to children.

The graphics. I play on an older Macbook so I kept my graphics low for the longest time. Only recently have I decided to go medium, trying to see if the Mac could manage it. Sure, it heats up but there's no lag and the reflections, the lighting, the detail on things like floor and wall tiles and wood, the shadowing and different ways lights work are just amazing. (and make me want to invest into a computer that can handle the higher settings so I can fully enjoy those details. Then again, I might just end up staring at those instead of building lol)

Thank you for this thread, OP.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    edited May 2020
    I bought the original Sims game in March 2000 and played its sequel, The Sims 2, all the way up to 2018. That's when I decided to take a chance on The Sims 4 , which quickly won me over in a way that TS3 never approached. What do I love most about it? Its effortless controls, for one thing: I love how easy it is to work with the camera, and being able to use a hand tool in live mode is something I've wished for since the original game came out. I can open a fridge and put food out for a toddler, or quickly shift things from sims' inventories to others'. Building, too, is so much easier. I MUCH prefer TS4's art style to that of Sims 3's. And then there's CAS! Where to begin with it? :D
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    The Sims 4 for me is the best iteration so far. It has it's faults but they are far out weighed by the amount of enjoyment I get from playing.
  • AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    1. The CAS and the build mode are the best we've ever had. They're so easy and fun to mess around with.
    2. I love the art style of TS4, both the sims and the worlds.
    3. The club system from Get Together and the calendar from Seasons are awesome.
    4. I love how well optimized this game is, unlike TS3, which was a laggy mess most of the time (at least for me)
    5. I think TS4 is in general more user friendly: you can delete and add household with ease, change between them, travel to other worlds, play with optimized build mode... everything is so much quicker and easier.

• Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Wow what a great thread...

Things I love mentioned before
    * toddlers
    * *CAS
    * buildmode
    * gorgeous scenery
    * art style
    * clubs which bring townies alive in background
    * camera and movement controls
    * ease of travel
    * depth of vampire and spellcasters detail
    * pets (cats usually - so realistic!)

Tjings I slso like
    * the gender update that made clothing / hair freely available to all sims. I am able to create a range of looks and lifestyles and non gender specific sims.
    * photography that came with Moschino. Its so complex and it is one of the more complex user skills to develop and challenge yourself
    * the ease of sandbox play. I especially like that character bios are not fully set but suggedtive - eg. I have seen so many stories about how and why Johnny Zest is related to the Landgraabs and what the backstory might be. It makes everything so replayable. I can have and play out multiple theories and storylines with sims
    * diverse couples like Brant and Brent
    * freelancer careers (as well as active ones) I like having a career that fits around my sims life and not vica versa
    * festivals in city living
    * the specisl lots in Windenburg - the Bluffs and the ruins and the huge estate are so large and detailed plus the amount of world not on lots which you can walk in and explore in Brindleton Bay
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I love CAS, I like the build mode capabilities (even if I suck at building), I really like some of the packs, I like the general art style.
    4. I love how well optimized this game is, unlike TS3, which was a laggy mess most of the time (at least for me)
    This. While I did like many things about TS3, this is my main gripe with it, so I'm glad TS4 did not repeat that at least.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2020
    The art style is everything I could dream of! Not too cartoony and yet not to realistic in terms of the sims themselves. I have created every character for my novel I'm writing, as well as the scenes just for fun and to put my story into visual. Plus when I'm just doing regular game play it's just so much fun to use those same characters because it really feels like I know them. So CAS character making is definitely superior IMO. I can't do that with TS3

I don't know what else to say because apart from the things that may annoy or frustrate me about this game I love it to death and can get lost in it for hours!

Oh, one of my favorite things about it is how easy it is to play rotational, favorite households, delete non essential sims, or sims you no longer want like it's nothing. And nothing is badly corrupted as a result. That's one reason I worry how things such as memories and story progression would effect this.

The ease of saving rooms, lots, uploading to gallery, downloading in other places etc. has been a wonderful experience for me! I use those features in almost every play and as someone who is not a good builder, the gallery does not get enough praise. :D

Whenever someone talks about mermaid it's to talk about how lacking they are. Although I do wish they got an underwater lot I feel like they don't get enough credit. I love them alot and use tons of mermaids. They are so fun as easy to customize in CAS and I love all of their interactions with water. Island living is still one of my top packs. <3 Great game.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I really appreciate how well my families become, and remain, genuinely close. Faunus (plumbob) and Brodie (teen) grew up as step-brothers and remain best friends.

1CmFOHQ.png

Also, beyond hair and clothing unlocks (which I use selectively, but frequently), custom gender settings allowed my remade TS3 gay couple to be my legacy founders in TS4 without needing mods. Old hat to some, I know, but still a big deal to me.
  • ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    This is a nice thread to see and a breath of fresh air to me...

I love the create a sim tool, the face modifier is amazing...

I also simply love the pets and create a pet, and how easy it is to open the gallery and find extra sims made by others and pull them down into the household I am making ...

I also love that university is in a world where I can have sims living in at the same time as I play others and play their families and it doesn't feel so closed off vacation like...

I also love the calendar, even and clubs...the clubs are great...

I also really dig that they eat and talk at the same time...

And the fame system is incredible... how I can make them famous for anything really... and they don't only get positive things for it but also the quicks that make it seem more real, like the hate being touched quick ...
    I really love that I can make a famous writer, surgeon or cook in the game... yes it is hard...but it Is possible...
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    I really appreciate how well my families become, and remain, genuinely close. Faunus (plumbob) and Brodie (teen) grew up as step-brothers and remain best friends.

1CmFOHQ.png

Also, beyond hair and clothing unlocks (which I use selectively, but frequently), custom gender settings allowed my remade TS3 gay couple to be my legacy founders in TS4 without needing mods. Old hat to some, I know, but still a big deal to me.

Yea I really like how close family and friends will invite you out to places, come over to visit often and basically just keep up with your sim. That's a nice detail. And I totally forgot to praise the custom gender options!!! LOVE that!!! <3
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I love how gorgeous the worlds are, and the variety of world types we have to choose from. I have to say Willow Creek will always be my favorite, with the moss hanging from the trees gently swaying in the breeze. After a stressful day, I enjoy playing one save that is in Willow Creek just so I can sit back and be transported into peaceful surroundings that remind me of mint juleps and soft warm breezes. Granite Falls and Glimmerbrook resemble where I live in the Pacific Northwest and feel like home. And Sulani is so pretty I have a hard time staying away and usually have my Sims buy a second home there just so I can spend some time there. Yes, I do cheat a bit to make that happen.

The Sims themselves are the prettiest and most unique looking Sims in the entire series. My favorite age group of course has to be the toddler stage. They are just too cute for words. They also 'grow up' in a gradual way that is very realistic. The pets have the best animations I have ever experienced in the series. And I love how the pets act like pets, rather than being another Sim I have to control.

Building has become one of my favorite things to do in Sims4. I rarely download builds these days, preferring to make my own because it's easy and we have so much to choose from as far as windows, doors, customizable staircases and the like. It's easier than ever to create certain styles of homes and venues. With the new staircases, I am now building a lot more two story homes so I can use the smaller lots for families.

The calendar, holidays, traditions....When Seasons came out I was in awe of how much care had gone into that pack. Everything I had felt was missing from Sims2 and 3, was in Seasons for Sims4. The weather system is great. I love the sunny days, the days the rain falls, thunder and lightning storms, and of course how pretty the worlds look when it snows. The transition between each season is also pretty neat; it happens gradually with a few surprises thrown in. Add to all that the fact we can now 'deck the halls' with a variety of lights, garlands, flags and bunting just speaks to me on many levels because decorating my home and yard to match each season is one of the things I do in RL.

The club system is a wonderful tool to use whenever I want families to gather for seasonal holidays, or when I want groups of friends to do things together. It's one of the best features the teams have created that I use in just about every Sim household I play. I don't know how I ever played without it in past iterations. It adds a new spin to having friends for my Sims, and helps to keep family members close.

Part time jobs, freelancer careers, odd jobs and the social media careers are all favorites of mine. The grind of regular careers can be avoided so my Sims are free to concentrate on other things such as their kids and toddlers, hanging out with friends, or with family members that have moved on to homes and families of their own. This also allows me to have more control over how much money my Sims accumulate. I rarely play families with large fortunes and mansions. I prefer cozy homes with lots of room for pets and toddlers, and yards that are large enough for family activities. But I also play many single Sim households. I like having variety when it comes to having families and single Sims in my saves. Whenever I get tired of playing in a family household, I can switch to one that is a little less hectic.

At this point in the life of Sims4, I can honestly say it has become my favorite iteration of the franchise. That was not the case until a few months ago, but overall, Sims4 has met most of my expectations. I racked up a lot of gaming hours recently partly because of the shelter in place orders, but mainly because it's fun to play and I am enjoying it more than I did a year ago. In fact, Sims4 has become as addictive and immersive as Sims2 and3 were back in the day, which is something I didn't think could happen.

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I really enjoy the:
    CAS
    Builds
    Toggles
    Achievement Challenges
    Graphics
    Lifestates
    Windenburg
    Sulani
    Brindleton Bay
    Perks

• ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    I also love that we can breast feed the babies... yes I really like that tiny add in...