Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ladder animation into bunk beds

Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
edited May 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
So gurus there have been a lot of people asking for YEARS to have working bunk beds in game. They save so much space and it would help out with family players, dorms, apartments, even having sims go on vacations. It's a reused animation that would be easier to manipulate now that the ladder animation has been put into the game with IL and now with EL.

Fellow simmers please help with the cause.

Ladder animation into bunk beds 73 votes

Yes, I want bunk beds!
91%
redrogue60aprilroselove7680PseudonymslisamwittCamkatxMintirishdragon7AnmirlaMariefoxprice83SerraNolwenMagdaleenaLeo2009SSAluthienrisingMissyHissyhepe1977smurf45blueamcroceKhrisstyneInsaneStar 67 votes
No, I could really care less.
8%
PlayerSinger2010SimburianBabykittyjadeOnverserPlumbeebKimmer 6 votes

Comments

• lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    Yes, I want bunk beds!
    I was thrilled when they added bunk beds to 3, I'd love to see them again.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Yes, I want bunk beds!
    I hope this animation (and the one from IL) is a step toward bunk beds in the game. (now to sort out routing and other potential coding issues)
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Yes, I want bunk beds!
    I really hope that the ladders will lead to bunk beds in the near future, just like I hope the addition of lounge chairs will lead to the addition of sims relaxing on beds and couches in a reclining position and doing things like talking to each other, watching T.V., reading, kissing, cuddling, and even eating in bed one day. Heck, I'd like to have a sim be able to relax on the bed with their laptop on their lap, sipping on a glass of "nectar," playing video games like I do many weekends when I don't have a pile of projects to work on. #SimsGoals
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yes, I want bunk beds!
    I would like to have loft beds (not sure if this is what those are called) too! Preferably ones that you can customize.

I don't understand why those were not included in Tiny Living SP, those would have fitted perfectly for that pack. :/
    Post edited by jj_____ on
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Yes, I want bunk beds!
    I actually had a Sim recently who already had 2 kids and got married to someone who had 2 kids themselves. They then had a kid together. Now there are 7 people in the household.

Bottom line, bunk beds would be AMAZING!!
  • Stylish_SimmerStylish_Simmer Posts: 26 Member
    Yes, I want bunk beds!
    I've always wanted bunk beds! It would be such a cute addition to my kids rooms! πŸ˜€
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    tbh, they weren't all that great in TS3. If I dared to put them against a wall, the sim on the top bunk would always, ALWAYS go through the wall instead of up the proper ladder. I just gave up and bought two single beds instead.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    Yes, I want bunk beds!
    I think once ladders are introduced, it will be easier to make bunk beds with cheats. The best option is to not have to use cheats though.
    Bring on the bunk beds!
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Yes, I want bunk beds!
    Bunk beds & Loft Beds.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Yes, I want bunk beds!
    My vote is "Yes, I want bunk beds" without the ! because I'm not that desperate for them though they would be nice to have.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    Bunk beds can be deadly. 57 children died after being entrapped by bunk beds from 1990 to 2002. They might be ok if children, especially toddlers are not allowed to sleep in them in game.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Yes, I want bunk beds!
    One of the few times reusing an animation would actually make sense and be useful.
  • zero35zero35 Posts: 99 Member
    Yes, I want bunk beds!
    bunk beds
    t5CBUP.jpg
    edited June 2020
    Yes, I want bunk beds!
    zero35 wrote: Β»
    bunk beds
    t5CBUP.jpg

If they brought this version into TS4, bunk beds would have to take up 4 tiles! 3 for the single beds and 1 extra tile just for the ladders. Sheeeesh
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Yes, I want bunk beds!
    zero35 wrote: Β»
    bunk beds
    t5CBUP.jpg

These bunkbeds look dangerous to sleep on
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Yes, I want bunk beds!
    Bunk beds can be deadly. 57 children died after being entrapped by bunk beds from 1990 to 2002. They might be ok if children, especially toddlers are not allowed to sleep in them in game.

That's not a good reason to ban Children from bunk beds. After all, kids have died falling off of swings, falling down the stairs, crossing the street, drowning in pools...If Children in TS4 were banned from doing everything that's ever gotten a kid killed by accident IRL, they'd be barely functional as playable sims! Get out of here with that mess...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited June 2020
    Yes, I want bunk beds!
    bunk bed? yes
    loft bed? YEEES
    couple loft bed? GIMME GIMME GIMME

also think those storage couple beds that are half height of loft bed be cool
    would add some height separation in my teens rooms
    but I doubt they'll ever come
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • nessatay1920nessatay1920 Posts: 459 Member
    Yes, I want bunk beds!
    I want bunk beds and loft beds πŸ™‚
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I get why people want them, but I can also get why we don't have them. It's a complex animation and making it look realistic for both child and adult sims would take up a lot of time and resources
    Yes, I want bunk beds!
    Onverser wrote: Β»
    I get why people want them, but I can also get why we don't have them. It's a complex animation and making it look realistic for both child and adult sims would take up a lot of time and resources

Imagine if they did the same thing they did for ladders with bunk beds, where they make it so child/toddlers can’t use them because animating for them is too much work.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    edited June 2020
    Yes, I want bunk beds!
    Yeah, that's no excuse. Money isn't either. Just look at TS1 - TS3. We got triple the amount of items, animations, and gameplay.

Back to the support of players who would like to see them return.