Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Community Voted Stuff Pack Deep Dive: The Rocking Chair!

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I do wonder if cats can 1) sleep on the chair like they do normal chairs, and/or 2) get their tail caught under the rocker (not that I want them to, but it is a meme for a reason.)
  • Stylish_SimmerStylish_Simmer Posts: 26 Member
    Personally, I'm looking foward to this pack more than Eco Lifestyle. Love the toddlers!
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,776 Member
    I've seen a lot comments wondering about whether or not you'll be able to rock babies or toddlers. Sitting in laps is not currently supported on any chair, but don't worry, we have a surprise in store for the littlest of Sims, so keep watching this forum for future deep dive posts from Conor. We'll have more details later :)

Cannot help it, I am extremely curious about the bolded part :)

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I was wondering if the pack would be released soon since the voting stuff was all done but since you said you're in the beginning stages of development, I won't get my hopes up.

I'm not really looking forward to the "theme" of this pack, but there are items in every pack (every pack except Luxury Party which I still don't understand) that I use/enjoy. So I'm not too worried about it. The rocking chair is a nice touch as well.

I feel the same way.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    I've seen a lot comments wondering about whether or not you'll be able to rock babies or toddlers. Sitting in laps is not currently supported on any chair, but don't worry, we have a surprise in store for the littlest of Sims, so keep watching this forum for future deep dive posts from Conor. We'll have more details later :)

hmm...I hope this means babies are not an object attached to their basinets.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • simsluvr90simsluvr90 Posts: 3,030 Member
    Looks so cute!
  • SimsersionSimsersion Posts: 51 Member
    edited May 2020
    I can finally knit outside of real life! :)
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

tumblr_onzxfnlwPT1s3uh6po1_500.gifv
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ProbinsiyanaProbinsiyana Posts: 2 New Member
    I think it would be lovely if everyone from elders to toddlers could “Nap” in the rocking chair, just as that option is available on a beach chair or couch. Make it a mild energy restorer as well?
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I wish the Play with Chair Animation for adults is available as well for Childish sims. That traits needs improvement.
  • Demicompton1Demicompton1 Posts: 22 Member
    I totally agree
  • PinkoMoonPinkoMoon Posts: 8 New Member
    Mazing! Can’t wait for this I’m so bored with what I have atm
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Does anyone know when it will be released? I love knitting and I'm really looking forward to this stuff pack.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Does anyone know when it will be released? I love knitting and I'm really looking forward to this stuff pack.

Probably after the next EP.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    If the roadmap is in order and this is the upcoming SP, we should get it sometimes in August. Iirc, "late summer" was mentioned and the way I understand it, this is the SP that's on the roadmap.
  • KaylaxCapersKaylaxCapers Posts: 69 Member
    @SimGuruConor Thank you for the update and insight into the creation process, it's always wonderful to see and helpful to the commnity. Excited for the pack :)
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm soo excited about this, a little bit of family gameplay 😊, I hope the plushes kids and toddlers can play with them
    Post edited by Nikkih on
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    faigler wrote: »
    (Also I completely agree that toddlers need some more rambunctious moves on the chair...but maybe I'm biased, once I completely flipped my grandmother's rocking chair over when I was a little 'un. After I'd been warned to stop rocking so hard. I was fine, but scared/very embarrassed :P )

I know I kinda feel like they are not rocking hard enough. I tipped my moms chair over all the time!!🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Looks great!!! Can't wait to see my toddler grab a plate of soup from the counter, then climbing onto the rocking chair to eat it while rocking that chair real hard.... LOL
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • LectersLecters Posts: 19 Member
    Can't wait. I'm not fond of knitting but at least the pack will add more zest to the game.
    Check out my gallery! https://vipercide.com/gallery

xTO39gj.png
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I really hope a modder makes of one for modern homes :)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• ShaghayeghyzShaghayeghyz Posts: 23 Member
    I think they would be so nice
    I really want to add them to my cozy style homes
  • WhYiSThErEaDuCkWhYiSThErEaDuCk Posts: 8 New Member
    I love the toddler animation. Also like the whole concept of rocking chairs in general. I am a little sad that this pack won against some of the others like the one with the ghost hunting thing and the helping grim one. But oh well you cant have everything i guess.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    I'm liking the look of the animations, and the mook up looks really good. This may cause this pack to move up my wishlist.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited May 2020
    The ''memory'' kind of thing is an interesting one. Hope you'll dive more into it later in TS4.
    Lu4ERme.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top