Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please, stop sending Sims to pool when clicking to Auto-Solve Hygiene

I play Sims 4 since 2016 (even though i have it since 2014, but I didn't have a P)C in that time) and I love the game, but there is one little specific thing that makes me freak out:
When I click in the Hygiene icon to auto-solve the motive and my current household has a pool, instead of Sims going to shower/bathtub, they go to the pool, and don't matter how many times I click on the button, they're always sent to pool. Due to this, I'm obligated to move the camera to the bathroom and send the Sim to shower manually.
I don't know if it's a cultural thing in US/Europe that swimming in the pool equals to take a shower, but it's very annoying to see the Sims going to pool instead of the shower.

Comments

• Options
    beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
    I don't know if it's a cultural thing in US/Europe that swimming in the pool equals to take a shower, but it's very annoying to see the Sims going to pool instead of the shower.

It's not as popular as it used to be, because of the financial burden of owning a pool and the invention of chlorine scented shampoo.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I play Sims 4 since 2016 (even though i have it since 2014, but I didn't have a P)C in that time) and I love the game, but there is one little specific thing that makes me freak out:
    When I click in the Hygiene icon to auto-solve the motive and my current household has a pool, instead of Sims going to shower/bathtub, they go to the pool, and don't matter how many times I click on the button, they're always sent to pool. Due to this, I'm obligated to move the camera to the bathroom and send the Sim to shower manually.

I think the auto-motives need tuning. I've clicked on a Sim to shower or eat and they go for water or something random. It doesn't always work correctly, unfortunately.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Uhh...you can click to auto-solve? :D

And no, it's not a cultural thing in the US. Here, we shower after getting out of the pool to wash the chlorine off of ourselves.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    no its def not a cultural thing. bothers me too.
  • Options
    matheus_mar_1999matheus_mar_1999 Posts: 105 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »

And no, it's not a cultural thing in the US. Here, we shower after getting out of the pool to wash the chlorine off of ourselves.

Yes, all the motives can be auto-solved by clicking on its icon :smiley:
  • Options
    matheus_mar_1999matheus_mar_1999 Posts: 105 Member
    And thanks for the clarification about the cultural thing :smiley:
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I tried to get a sim to clean herself while swimming in Sulani once but that didn't work. Does this auto clean thing happen only in the pool?
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Oh my God, yes, I hate this so much.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

But that's the complaint. When clicking auto solve, the sim rushes off to the swimming pool instead of going to the shower. The pool doesn't fill their hygiene. It's very annoying.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    The pool has sure become popular! They go there to float on their back if you auto-send them to take care of low energy... *silly sims*
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited March 2020
    CelSims wrote: »

But that's the complaint. When clicking auto solve, the sim rushes off to the swimming pool instead of going to the shower. The pool doesn't fill their hygiene. It's very annoying.

I never said it wasn't the complaint. I agree that would be annoying. I would be annoyed if I used this feature and it happened to me.
    The OP asked if it's a cultural thing to use as a method of dealing with hygiene in rl - it's not. That's the point of my response.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Clicking to auto-solve any need never works properly the way I want. So I would say it is an issue with the programming.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member

Maybe it's a California thing. Sure isn't up here in the frozen chosen northeast where a pool would be viable only 2 (maybe 3) months out of the year anyway.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Yet again, we have another example of this game's janky tuning. Auto-solve needs should send your sim to the most logical object to solve a low need: A bed if tired, a shower or tub if funky, the fridge for a quick mean or leftovers if hungry, and so-on. They should not go to the pool for a swim if they're funky, they should not go grab a glass of water or juice when hungry. They also should not automatically get a drink at all, because aside from bar drinks and assorted potions, beverages in this game are basically useless.

I really wish they'd pay more attention to the AI tuning in this game to make it work more logically instead of having sims going up to the bathroom sink to wash dishes when you have a sink and dishwasher in the kitchen, auto-solve sending funky sims to the pool, and sims randomly trying to drink water all the time when they don't have a thirst need at all. TS4's tuning: So Bad It's Bad.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    ElliDiLoElliDiLo Posts: 25 Member
    > @beadierturtle said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > It's not as popular as it used to be, because of the financial burden of owning a pool and the invention of chlorine scented shampoo.

This is an underrated comment.
    3VzZSg1.jpg
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    My Sims did the same thing. I have to cancel & direct them instead of using the auto-solve. In fact, the same thing happened when I want them to sleep. Sometimes, they just taking a nap or drink a coffee, which normally happened during the day time, so I'm not entirely sure if it's the right thing.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Could be worse. At least it isn't sending them to the pool to auto-solve Bladder motive!

• Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited March 2020
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Could be worse. At least it isn't sending them to the pool to auto-solve Bladder motive!

That sounds like it could work for Mean and Evil sims, actually...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    It is an in game option for Slobs, maybe Lazy Sims, too.
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    edited March 2020
    The pool has sure become popular! They go there to float on their back if you auto-send them to take care of low energy... *silly sims*

What could possibly go wrong?

On a related note, my Sims are always napping in the bath or the hot tub, even though they all have beds.
    Post edited by AyKooChao on
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    EaToxEaTox Posts: 5 New Member
    My sims also go to the ice skating rink when I try to auto-solve their hygiene. The AI in this game really needs to be fixed.