Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please add COUPLE DANCE

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Please add them
    Well, perhaps they'll release slow dancing with the alleged upcoming university pack. That's where Sims 3 stuck it.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Yes, I'd like to see better interpersonal dancing. There is dancing but not really together.

I'd like to see some new romantic animations too just because it's been the same for a while.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    QuestScribeQuestScribe Posts: 3 New Member
    Please add them
    I'm totally happy to see this thread. Dancing is a major part of life and I want that to be the same with my Sims. I'd love a variety of ballroom dancing (waltz, swing, cha-cha, rumba, flamenco, tango--each more difficult to master than others), cultural dances like Hula, Mariachi, ballet, etc and a few other more interpersonal, close dances for clubs, lounges, dances. Yes, my sims want to party! I'd love if sims could play instruments and sing while others dance. I know it's complicated, but I still can wish. Many of my sims are involved heavily in the arts. It would be a great way to merge them together and have more events, parties, etc.

I love the idea of a dance parents and grandparents can have with children, and some dances that can be started as teenagers.

I also want to see Sim traits integrated (clumsy, loner, etc) vs. (athletic, etc). I can imagine some sims couldn't wait to learn flamenco or tango, while others couldn't stand to be around it, let along the waltz! I also agree with a new musical/dancing movie for the acting career, and maybe even an increase of the dance skill or a new athletic aspiration. It would be even more fascinating if some of these dances impact cultures like Sulani, Selvadorada, Windenburg, even StrangerVille. (Come on, I'd love to turn one of those lots into a western themed bar/dance hall!) Oh! Right there, a possible new lot type: a combined dance studio, concert halls, etc.

Next up on my wish list: Bands, orchestras, and show choirs! Hello, wedding event of the game! So I know a lot of this might be hard to ask, but it would be something I would really enjoy for my game and is sorely lacking. Even if half of this is implemented, I'd be delighted! I'd love to develop my sim characters with dancing. Hope this thread has reached the attention of the powers-that-be.

Cheers to everyone name-dropping Commander Shepard from Mass Effect. Wouldn't it be fun to have some of those dance moves?!
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    Please add them
    Simmingal wrote: »
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    yes please!! but not only romantic dances, also dancing with friends and like the user atreya33 said, a funny dance with the kids! in ts2 the sims actually danced together and not separately "together", adding it back would be an appreciated little detail to gameplay.
    ohh, and also different styles of dancing! because for real, my sims be listening a calmly song and be dancing like they took mdma, wheres the realism in that??

me: *plays classical channel*
    my sim: UUH DROP THE BEAT SIS

loll the accuracy fr
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Please add them
    Do you guys crack up like I do when your actor is on the singing in the rain set and they break out in a hip hop dance for the dance 1 mark...LOL

I literally laugh so hard every time because it just is so out of place LOL

SMH
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Please add them
    Walts, Swings, Jitter Bug & the Twist Dances.
    Also bring back the Romantic Interactions from Sims 3.
  • Options
    Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Please add them
    Yes, one more relationship-wise expression. Sims even could decline if they're not at least friends or have a flirty trait.
    (btw @Simmingal I don't like that "because they're not gay" remark, just a "no" would've done it)
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,961 Member
    edited October 2019
    Please add them
    Yes, one more relationship-wise expression. Sims even could decline if they're not at least friends or have a flirty trait.
    (btw @Simmingal I don't like that "because they're not gay" remark, just a "no" would've done it)

Sorry the look of 2 sims dancing so far apart just reminded me of that vine ._.' rest assured though i have exhausted my vine knowledge and will make no more vine jokes that might sound off taken out of context
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    Please add them
    Every single time I see this thread, I feel the urge to post again just because I miss couple dances so much.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Please add them
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Sorry the look of 2 sims dancing so far apart just reminded me of that vine ._.' rest assured though i have exhausted my vine knowledge and will make no more vine jokes that might sound off taken out of context

Everyone needs a little love. Even Pixels. ;)

In my Gameplay today a couple danced not only 5 feet away from each other, but stood at different ends of the room. I imagined them yelling like mad over the blasting music to hold their conversation. XD

I really hope they'll bring back dancing together.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    Please add them
    I miss couples slow dancing.
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    Please add them
    Dancing is welcome, more togetherness interactions. Not just for YA for God's sake all ages should be included.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Please add them
    Option not presented: Only if the clipping isn't outrageous as soon as my Sim is plus-sized. That would be horrid. And I suspect it's why we don't already have it.

Do you find the other instances of clipping to be unacceptable then? I mean this game has poor collision detection and Sims clip through objects, clothing, hair, other sims, you name it. Would this one additional instance REALLY be a deal breaker for you??

It really does have worse clipping than any other iteration doesn't it. The only reason I can come up with is that they made it so Sims can walk closer to objects then other ones did, so you have fewer route fails. But didn't add a game mechanic for that affecting their clothes or hair.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    TistouTistou Posts: 72 Member
    Please add them
    The Sims Hot Date > The Sims 4

Could the creators go play the old games for a few days to get ideas? The Sims 4 is really lacking when it comes to interaction between sims.
  • Options
    RaichisimsRaichisims Posts: 61 Member
    Please add them
    Yes please, it's so romantic <3 A bit weird that we have serenades and love duets but not slowdancing lol
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Please add them
    Tistou wrote: »
    The Sims Hot Date > The Sims 4

Could the creators go play the old games for a few days to get ideas? The Sims 4 is really lacking when it comes to interaction between sims.
    At this point I'd actually prefer that they seem to have no clue what they're doing maybe they could learn a thing or two from people who made true sandbox games with real interactions unlike Sims 4 staged stories.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Please add them
    One thing people may not know about me is that I am really into dancing. I took it from elementary school all the way through my college courses with different clubs and classes. It is one of the few things I can do since I can't run anymore. This is my favorite dance I took Swing dancing also known as the lindy hop.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KqEqkXfWDs

I also took ballroom dances as well and I absolutely loved the tango. Not a big fan of the polka. The quickstep is quite interesting too.

I loved learning the fiesta dances in elementary school too like with the big beautiful skirts and I learned a step dance wearing old men masks too kind of like what the men are performing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTT3W_GziwQ

So yes I would love couple dances and honestly it is one of the most romantic things you can do with your partner because it teaches about trust and communication.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ladysweettartladysweettart Posts: 239 Member
    Please add them
    Yes, I have the slow dance mod by Sacrificial, and every time I have one of my sims do it I'm like, "WHY exactly isn't this part of the game already"????
    I have a YouTube Channel dedicated to Sims 4! You can find it here if you are so inclined!

www.youtube.com/c/LadySweettart
  • Options
    CIariteaCIaritea Posts: 48 Member
    I know this post is old, but I wish creators would add this too along with spooning and cuddling in bed like from TS2. I too am disappointed that it's not already in TS4. I may get the mod by Sacrificial, but I feel like we shouldn't have to add a mod for something that should already be in the game - especially if it is in earlier games. I'm wondering what it would take to convince the creators to add this?
  • Options
    Lorna08Lorna08 Posts: 98 Member
    Please add them
    Any couple dance would be cute! Friendly dance for friends or family members and Romantic Dance for people in love or flirting.
    y7Kh4Ip.png
    Follow me on (S)imstagram @SimmerLorna
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited April 2020
    Please add them
    Here we are almost a year later and still no couple dance LOL
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Please add them
    I've been asking for this for years now
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Nah I'm fine with my couples dancing ''5 feet apart because they're not gay''
    I'm gay. And I dance more than 5 feet apart. I've always been into social distancing. Plus I step on feet cuz I'm spatially challenge and/or imbibing copiously during those 🐸🐸🐸🐸 dancing occasions.
  • Options
    DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    Please add them
    I'd love it if they reintroduced couple's dances into the game (alongside a bunch of other romantic/flirty interactions we're still missing, like more varieties of kissing and hugging, and goosing).

I really wish they'd introduce tango to the sims 4. I was in my university's Argentine Tango Club, and it would be fun to have sims be able to go to a milonga, but I guess the movement of the dancers in a milonga could be hard to represent in game.
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    edited May 2020
    Hey folks, going to close this one off as while it's remained relatively active it's too sporadic to justify the continued necro posting.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top