Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wildlife/African Safari EP

SappySifakaSappySifaka Posts: 132 Member
edited May 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
African Safari EP

The idea of additional animal/adventure related content always has some level of interest. Of course, this isn't everyone's cup of tea. If you are interested in a pack like this, what elements would you like to see in it? If you're not immediately interested in a pack like this, what additions would you like to see to increase its desirability for you?

As a general starting point, this would be heavily animal facing. 100% nonviolent (which is a given), with a focus on conservation. This EPs approach to conservation would be more in the realm of zoology, research, and adventure, as opposed to the litter and smog based systems in Island living or Eco-living, as the main focus here is the animals. Regarding Zoo's, the theme should steer away from traditional Zoo's and focus more on game reserves, this pack should not attempt to be a Zoo Simulator.

Here are some central feature ideas to get some conversation going. The pack should bring additional gameplay across worlds. Most features, including wildlife, should be available across all worlds in some capacity. An immersive and vibrant Serengeti or Delta world would be a game-changer, but new gameplay should not be limited to this new environment.

The Sims 4: Go Wild

Wildlife Reserves
Based on Tanzania, Kenya, South Africa, or similar locales. Expansive open spaces dotted with baobabs and acacias and teaming with wildlife. Visit in the wet or dry season for flooded plains or a dry scorched landscape. Drive down the rutted dirt roads in search of wildlife to view, or maybe you're just trying to find your safari lodge and avoid a Big Cat encounter. After the long drive, escape the African heat by taking a dip in a watering hole, just watch out for Crocs lurking beneath the surface...
Native animals
African Elephant, Giraffe, Zebra, Wildebeest, Gazelle, Lion, Cheetah, Leopard, Hornbill, Ostrich, Baboons, Hyenas. Not all species can be created, of course, so focusing on ones with similar body structures for animation purposes could better utilize resources. If horses arrive soon, the equine animations and meshes, along with existing Dog and Cat meshes and animations could likely provide a decent number of foundational resources for the animal design. Some scaling, minor anatomical, and texture changes would be needed, but with these foundational assets, the resources needed to produce various species could decrease significantly. After all, we not only had dogs, cats, and horses in the Sims 3, but also deer, raccoons, skunks, birds, and reptiles.
Zoologist Career
Study wild animals in their natural habitat. Make your way across the treacherous roads of the game reserve to a remote research station. Climb trees, pitch tents, and follow the herds of the Serengeti while taking notes, photographs, and swooning over newborn cubs (from afar). Send reports back to HQ using the radio tower and walkie-talkies. Maybe one day you'll have an article written about you in the National Simographic magazine!
Widlife Film Maker Career
Nat Geo, Discovery Channel, and BBC, most of us have seen at least one of their films in real life-Nature documentaries are powerful and fun. New recording equipment, rigged jeeps, trail cams, drones, etc. If you work hard, your video AND/OR photo content could be featured by the new National Simographic (need a better name) magazine and channel.
Park Ranger NPC
The champions of the forest. Lovingly protecting our world's natural beauty, but be sure to follow all rules and regulations during your visit to the reserve, or your friendly neighborhood park ranger may write you a friendly citation!
Jeeps and ATVs
A necessary tool to navigate the African bush. Take the top off and feel the wind in your hair and sun on your skin...just maybe not around the Lions. Hopefully, cars would come before this EP, so this pack would not introduce vehicles for the first time, just a new variation.

Other Features
Glamping
New ways to camp: Raised platform safari huts, Yurts, and expedition tents that we can actually enter/design.
African Foliage & Harvesables
Acacia Trees, Baobab Trees, River Reeds, Vanilla, Passionfruit, Jackfruit, Papaya, Dates...
African Inspired Dances, Events, and Cultural Items
Traditional Dances, Fruit Baskets (for harvesting), Basket Weaving, Ground Fire cooking...
Hand Carved Wooden Canoes and Oars
Just think this would be fun, albeit not that different from the Outriggers in Island Living.
New Lot Types
Research Station, Game Reserve
Tree Climbing
For practical use in Wildlife related careers and for fun.
New Death Types
Death by Crocodile (Pulled under in a watering hole)
Minor Details
Addition of an Animal Planet style channel on TVs, New Radio Station, African Drums...

Do any of these ideas seem of interest to you? What would you like to see in a Wildlife Safari/African Themed Pack?
Post edited by SappySifaka on

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    A safari would be lovely. Also there should be monkeys.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited May 2020
    Would be fun! Always looking for more destination worlds. Although I want there to be more expensive personnel available like room service and better butlers and service that can drive costs extremely high. I want to spend my Sims’ extravagant money!
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    It would be great. I wouldn't mind if it were a vacation world.
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    I personally think this is likely to happen because of the animals and characters on the six-month roadmap render. I would expect a theme like 'Wildlife adventure', 'Wildlife reserve', 'Wildlife kingdom', et cetera for the fall GP. However I think it that the dev team would make this world more small or gated because of it being a Game Pack after all. Maybe the area will consist of a few rental vacation houses, a wildlife conservation post/center, and a larger chunk of land/a reserve to explore (similar to the forest in OR), with the possibility to ride around in a jeep or spot the big five. I think this could be really good.
  • ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    well to be fair, jungle adventure actually had quite a lot of lots, and even some big ones... and then those you could get into by exploring ...
  • DalekFridayDalekFriday Posts: 31 Member
    I would love this pack and it could totally include hotel management.
    Also, an african-inspired world would be great; I love Al Simhara.
  • bsasinbsasin Posts: 33 Member
    Love pretty much everything about this. Definitely would buy it (if EA actually put effort into it).
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Really cool idea. It would be something new. I love animals so this pack idea seems like fun.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    I love this idea as well... i mean we can even create better animals if we want to, with the cat and dog feature... since they are so detailed in the painting... but i like this more than a zoo... also an african setting would be nice...
  • emma_leeemma_lee Posts: 18 Member
    I love the idea and I would buy this pack!
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    > @ladybugjosie23 said:
    > well to be fair, jungle adventure actually had quite a lot of lots, and even some big ones... and then those you could get into by exploring ...

True... Hoping for a big savanna/serengeti-themed world!
  • lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    I love all your ideas but I can only picture this in a destination world with a lot of rabbit holes. I’m not fond of destination worlds so I would like to see a new livable world that features wildlife but I honestly don’t see that happening ☹️. I would still purchase a pack like this even if it was destination world but only if allowed me to keep some of these new animals as pets.
  • jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member

Do any of these ideas seem of interest to you? What would you like to see in a Wildlife Safari/African Themed Pack?

Yes, all of those are interesting! You listed pretty much all things that I would expect to see in this kind of pack.

There has to be some of those beautiful African styles added for both CAS and BB. Different styles for clothing, hair and accessories, also lot of various BB items, if it's gonna be an EP and would be the only one African themed pack that we could get.

African music, dancing and art definitely have to be included in this pack.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Yes! I’d love an African world and more animals ❤️ What a good idea
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I’m not sure I would want fully fledged out wild animals like this. Everyday pets sure, but not safari animals. That would change the game too much for me. It might as well be Planet Zoo or whatever at that point.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Oh, it wouldn't be Planet Zoo.

Nothing like that good.

Besides, my graphics card starts sweating every time my PC even looks at Planet Zoo.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    i would love something different like this
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I’m not sure I would want fully fledged out wild animals like this. Everyday pets sure, but not safari animals. That would change the game too much for me. It might as well be Planet Zoo or whatever at that point.

I think the safari animals would be more like the pigeons and the insects, we can see, but we cannot actually touch. Also, don't think we would be able to get too close to them for various reasons (they're wild, big, too far away, too many, we may scare them away). Though we might get fun notices like so and so couldn't get to work/school because a pride of lions took a nap on the middle of the road.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    OMG. I would love this! <3 Maybe after Freetime, Generations, Werewolves, Fairies, Genies, and so on and so forth. I want them to stop this non-sense that everything we've wanted has been done, cuz it hasn't. And, then they can make random things like Eco Lifestyle.
  • SappySifakaSappySifaka Posts: 132 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Oh, it wouldn't be Planet Zoo.

Nothing like that good.

Besides, my graphics card starts sweating every time my PC even looks at Planet Zoo.

I feel that! I desperately want to play Planet Zoo, but my current PC just can't take it. But yes, I think it should be very clear that this pack would NOT be a Zoo simulator, instead of focusing on features based on observation of wild animals, like Safaris, filming, and research.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    As someone who spent several years of my childhood in Africa, I'd love an African world to explore in the Sims. I think something like this would work best as a game pack destination world if the main focus is safari, since that's more of a tourist thing.

I'd love to see some traditional instruments, foods, and clothing included. Africa is a large continent with a lot of different cultures and traditions, so maybe they could take a sampling from multiple places.

edited May 2020
    > @ladybugjosie23 said:
    > well to be fair, jungle adventure actually had quite a lot of lots, and even some big ones... and then those you could get into by exploring ...

True... Hoping for a big savanna/serengeti-themed world!

I would love that as well... maybe the savanna could be like the jungle and open more as you explore it and go futher in to it...
    It would be amazing with food clothes and instruments and dances included... and more and better textured hair...
    Karon wrote: »
    OMG. I would love this! <3 Maybe after Freetime, Generations, Werewolves, Fairies, Genies, and so on and so forth. I want them to stop this non-sense that everything we've wanted has been done, cuz it hasn't. And, then they can make random things like Eco Lifestyle.

Didnt they say that some wanted ECO... personally i by far want ECO more than i want werewolves, and Genies... but that is because everyone want differnet things...
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I would absolutely love it. I'm up for any travelling destination really, but safaris sound awesome.
  • Satell8iteSatell8ite Posts: 36 Member
    If they do another World Adventures pack I'd be down for an African world this time around.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    This thread reminded me of an old game.. Wild Thornberrys Australian Wildlife Rescue. It would be so cool to have something like this in a life simulator.