Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Community Voted Stuff Pack Deep Dive: New Stereo Stations!

1235...Next

Comments

• Melly0nMelly0n Posts: 5 New Member
    I like that this pack will have so many features. I love that Finland has this as an actual thing! I'm always happy to make my sims more interesting. I wasn't sold on the knitting. But, now it's combined with with so may things, I can see how it'll fit with other stuff coming to the game. I guess this pack will have two story paths. The calm, focused, homemaker, rocking along peacefully knitting jumpers for the family. Frowning out of the window, at the loud, hyped, metal loving neighbour, who is partying on the lawn, while knitting plushies for their bestie, Grim. I think I'll build then onto the same lot, so they can annoy each other. Perhaps I'll try and make some *Noisy Neighbour* *Prissy Neighbour* sim/lot traits.

Also, is this a hint? - "They go together like llamas and bunnies"

Is that Llama and bunny image usually on the landing screen?

Is this solved yet? - “I see a gnome wielding a frozen rabbit riding atop a llama into battle against an udder’ly impressive foe.”

Call me lame, but I'm still enjoying the distraction of all this. It gives my overactive mind something else to think about. :D
  • crashdodgerscrashdodgers Posts: 61 Member
    So, not only have EA recycled things for the new EP, but thay have done it is this pack to, i.e. the new stero's are from City Living the public busking equipment, well done EA for recycling old game items again and calling it something new.
  • amiichieamiichie Posts: 9 New Member
    This is fantastic. I can't wait to have my sims do the air guitar. :D
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    So, not only have EA recycled things for the new EP, but thay have done it is this pack to, i.e. the new stero's are from City Living the public busking equipment, well done EA for recycling old game items again and calling it something new.

Dude.

1) there are no new stereos in Nifty Knitting. Just two new Radio Stations for our Sims to listen to.

2) Those are the Amp Stacks from Moschino Stuff.
  • chuckjaymoorechuckjaymoore Posts: 60 Member
    The Nifty Knitting SP sound even more interesting, but build mode isn't something I really enjoy. I hope that when the pack is released, residential lots can be added to the library or at least uploaded to the Gallery.

I'm exciting to see how much money my Sim can make from knitting.
    Gallery ID: 1mooresimmer
    YouTube channel: youtube.com/@1mooresimmer/
    TikTok: tiktok.com/@1mooresimmer
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I am really excited for this stuff pack. The last two stuff packs were pretty awesome to me and this seems like it'll be even better. Some of the clothes are eh but wait... They've never showed hair, right?
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • iceycaticeycat Posts: 9 New Member
    I have zero interest in this add on. Same with Eco Living.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Given the weirdness of the game, I am sure we'll end up getting GWAR and Lordi, that's for sure. The weirdness of those acts just seems to fit the Sims quite well. Of course, especially in the case of the former (and might I add, I've been at odds with some of the views they have expressed in their songwriting), the themes and beliefs expressed may be at odds with The Sims. And, uh, Lordi did win the Eurovision contest once. While a bit on the macabre, it doesn't get political as GWAR often has done.

A lot of the metal today gives me the impression of someone trying to flush a flip-flop down their toilet. In other words, nothing ; irritates me more than the post-hardcore movement. While many often have harsher vocals, I like metal that seems to focus a bit more on more technical guitar playing. Pretty much, what I listen to leans more towards melodic death metal, progressive metal, power metal, and thrash. Mostly, more towards hard rock when it comes to older acts. I am hoping that in addition to acts known well in the USA, they do some acts more known in Europe. To tell the truth, that's most of what I do listen to, along with a lot of Megadeth, Metallica, Dream Theater, and other acts well known here.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I would like to say YAY, I voted for that... but I don't remember what I voted for. LOL>
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    *sighing*
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    *sighing*

What's the matter?
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    edited May 2020
    *sighing*

What's the matter?
    Nothing! I was just wonderful what Focus would sound like. Cause I want my second favorite music R&B back so bad to The Sims 4. I don't know why they confirmed "Focus", so I still ain't got time for adding custom music, but I'm still requesting as long as I can.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Nifty Knitting????Hahahahahaha Also, I love listing to heavy metal, but while knitting? Ridiculous. So, I hope they patch this station in for everyone. Instead, of having to buy the pack.

Just gonna repost this
    OMG Metal Knitting! Because it's a real thing! https://heavymetalknitting.com/ in case anyone wants to actually see what it's about.

Still ridiculous and probably only there. Not everywhere else and NO ONE asked for the pairing. Just wanted to point that out. But whatever floats your boat.

Whether or not "no one" asked for this is open to interpretation. The contest was, I believe, initially linked in the thread about how Knitting isn't just for older folks, and there was a lot of push early on to include things outside the "traditional" in the list of things to knit. And research (okay, google searches) shows that there's a lot of "edgier" knitters out there, and a market for Punk/Metal reflective knits.

You may not believe it, but some people actually find Metal relaxing - or at least not distracting when doing stuff that requires concentration. And I can certainly see how anything with a strong beat could be helpful in keeping count. I tend to listen to Punk when sewing (it helps to have something that's supposed to be louder than the machine.)

So while Metal + Knitting is a very incongruous pairing, the positive responses in this thread show it wasn't a "ridiculous" one. And Metal (or at least Hard Rock) is probably more common as background music for knitters than you believe.

But there is nothing to interpret, it wasn't asked for and you can't adequately prove your point here. That said, if you like it, great. But I'm entitled to speak my mind on the fact that know NO ONE asked for the title of Nifty Knitting or to pair the metal music and knitting together. No matter if you personally like it or not. The majority of Simmers on various boards, twitter, and Youtube agree this wasn't asked for (The Whole pack, really). One thing is for sure, EA are going to need to have more features than the metal knitting stuff if they want this pack to sell as well as other packs.

You can't speak for what you perceive as "the majority", only for yourself. No one knows what the actual majority of an international player base thinks, and your perception can be very strongly skewed by the limitations of the few threads and media you choose to expose yourself to. It would be impossible to know every true reaction on both positive and negative posts and threads on all social media sites all over the world, plus the huge number of silent players.

As for "didn't ask for this", in case you weren't aware, the game isn't a commission, so it doesn't work like that, even though it remains in constant development. If players were pre-paying with the understanding and agreement from both parties that specific features would be included (or not included), then it would be a legitimate point.

This also means the developers aren't actually obligated to create only what players ask for, even during a community voting project. While that can be frustrating, especially when it feels like requests get ignored or outvoted, creative liberty has always been and always will be a part of game development.

And a lot of good things in the game weren't "asked for". Should they have not been added without checking in with the players first? Of course not. Players never unanimously agree anyway.

Metal knitting seems to be generally well-received, from what I see. And if you don't like it, it's just a small side feature of the pack that can be easily ignored if you don't use the metal station.
    #Team Occult
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    *sighing*

What's the matter?
    Nothing! I was just wonderful what Focus would sound like. Cause I want my second favorite music R&B back so bad to The Sims 4. I don't know why they confirmed "Focus", so I still ain't got time for adding custom music, but I'm still requesting as long as I can.

You aren't the only one. I used to jam to the sims 2 R&B station and I'm guilty of having some of the music on my phone lol. I really hope they bring it back in the future. Would have been nice now, but I'll be patient. They did give us a hip hop station so I'm sure R&B isn't too far behind.

Can someone please tell me what focus music is? Is it like New Age or something completely different? Lol I'm seriously clueless here.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top