Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mixed race babies

Sorry if i'm in the wrong forum...
Hi guys,

Quick question.
Can sims actually have mixed race babies that come out half tone or dark?
The mother is white and the father is black and I've tried over and over again and seem to only get babies of the mothers skin tone.
Both parents are of the same skin category except the father is on one end of the scale and the mother on the other. This is in game BTW not in CAS.

Please speak from experience, thanks for any help

Comments

• blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited July 2011
    I rarely create sims and the majority of the sims in my studio are born-in-game sims. I use my simself (black) and another persons simself (white). Every now and then one will be a little dark but I'd say about 95% of the time my babies actually look mixed. I can try and find some pictures if you want to see them. :wink:
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • NubzXNubzX Posts: 79
    edited July 2011
    I think I just threw up reading this
  • petladypetlady Posts: 370 Member
    edited July 2011
    My kids tend to be a mixture. My favorite sim is green and I love to make my sims of every color that she interacts with just to mix it up.
    Their kids come out rainbows (not literally.) I get a bunch of different combinations. Her current husband is bright red. Some of the kids have the red hair and the green skin, some are light pink, some are bright red with aqua hair. One of my favorites things is to see what color the baby is and then what sort of hair they get when they're a toddler or child. I get a fair bunch of bald toddlers, which is a tease.
    I suggest you have more kids.
  • simjettsimjett Posts: 5,254 Member
    edited July 2011
    I think by the 2nd generation you should be seeing influences.
    NubzX wrote:

Morning sickness?
    edited July 2011
    NubzX wrote:
    Then why post? :roll: This topic has been posted before. Lots of simmers are interested in how the genetics work in the game.
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
  • petladypetlady Posts: 370 Member
    edited July 2011
    NubzX wrote:
    I say get over it. Your comment is so out there and unexplained.
    If the subject of mixed races makes you nauseous you should get off the computer and go out and try to expand your horizons.
    edited July 2011
    petlady wrote:
    NubzX wrote:
    I say get over it. Your comment is so out there and unexplained.
    If the subject of mixed races makes you nauseous you should get off the computer and go out and try to expand your horizons.
    You said it a lot nicer than I would have. :wink:
  • dolll_facedolll_face Posts: 216 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Thanks guys, i should just keep trying me thinks!!

Mixed race babies are beautiful!!

All help very much appreciated..
    Except for weird boy over there!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2011
    Sims skin colors carry through in future generations too, as I also love all differentskin colors, although I have to admit I am not much with Purple or bright Red sims - hehehe - but I have one family I play off and on since the Sims came out - the Bachelors from the base game where Michael Bachelor married my version of Dina Calienti that I made her parents as children - her dad was the product of an Italian looking dad and her mother had light green skin so I could add in the slien of her family. Granted in my version of the Calienti's they ended up with several sibblings before I finally got twins to name Nina and Dina. But eventually I got her grown and married to Michael just before he turned elder. Their third child was a girl who indeed had her mothers greenish skin, so it was cool to see the skin type carry like that. That girl ended up with a greatgrandson before there was another with the greenish tone and each one was not the same color as Dina's Mother, but variations of the shade. I do know the colors got better mixed and more realistic after Ambitions came out, though.

Of course the way I play now and the way I played then have changed. i used to play with carefully manipulating and planning certain sims to marry other sims, etc - now I just let my sims pick who they want to marry 98 times out of a 100. Only rarely do I step in there and steer the relationship - and it surely has never a thing to do with Sims skin color. Sims are color blind - and we should all take a lesson that color means nothing. In my game there is one race - the human pixel one and just like mammals, sims come in a variety of skin or fur colors. There is no room on this planet for people who judge other people for their color of their fur. Do you people who judge things on color also all just pick all white dogs, cats, horses, and whatever pets you add to your family?

Take a lesson from your sims, they don't see skin color period.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• CrzydramaqueenCrzydramaqueen Posts: 632 Member
    edited July 2011
    Writin_Reg wrote:

Take a lesson from your sims, they don't see skin color period.

You said it! It's so nice to see people standing up for diversity :)
    cropped-vampiresig-e1486927472938.jpg
  • Dovepaw15Dovepaw15 Posts: 146
    edited July 2011
    I've had a couple of mixed race couple and the kids have such a lovely skin colour I can only desriced as golden. Of crouse sometimes I get what you are descrieding to. Just have more kids, and it will work out. :D

@Nubzx: I have a friend who's mother is white and her father is black. She is a beuteful, smart, all-around-wonderful person. I am honured to call her my friend. And just by reading that one post I can tell you she is a better person than you can ever hope to be.

@Writin_Reg. I couldn't agree more and what a pretty way to say it.
  • AKAroxAKArox Posts: 98
    edited July 2011
    I had this couple
    i4j0c7.jpg

and they had these child...she looks sorta mixed to me :D

1553tc7.jpg
  • SIMplifiedSIMplified Posts: 4,536 Member
    edited July 2011
    Aw yay people said said we're beautiful <: It's really hard to get that balance you want. But it happens that way in real life too. My sister looks pure curly haired caucasian, blonde and blue eyed to top it off. I look just like my mother minus the african american skin tone but I'm tanish. It can happen in the game but it's more one or the other in tones. There's really no mixed race look, some look more one of the other than they do in between.

edit: I can't spell .__.
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    edited July 2011
    AKArox wrote:
    I had this couple
    1553tc7.jpg

Awww so cute! n.n
  • Vagabond13Vagabond13 Posts: 151 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Actually, I consider all Sims to be the same race, just different complexions (much like I see humans, but that's an argument for another forum), but that's not why I'm posting.

I am very curious about how traits are passed down. Mostly how big is the random element? One reason I don't use CC, is because I love seeing how characteristics combine from generation to generation. However, sometimes the results don't seem inhereted from either parent.

Is there anywhere that explains inhereted traits on a deeper level? Or any way of finding out how it works more specifically?

• CrzydramaqueenCrzydramaqueen Posts: 632 Member
    edited July 2011
    Vagabond13 wrote:
    I am very curious about how traits are passed down. Mostly how big is the random element? One reason I don't use CC, is because I love seeing how characteristics combine from generation to generation. However, sometimes the results don't seem inhereted from either parent.

Is there anywhere that explains inhereted traits on a deeper level? Or any way of finding out how it works more specifically?

It seems that traits do get passed down. In my legacy so far, the daredevil trait seems to run in the family...
    cropped-vampiresig-e1486927472938.jpg
  • Axti777Axti777 Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes sims can have mixed race babies. You have to use the tone before you accept the baby. I have s sim who is mixed race/bi racial. His father is a very dark skinned man with an afro along with light brown eyes and his mother is a white woman with blonde hair and blu eyes. I chose the hair color and the skin tone for the child who is a male.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @Axti777 this thread's gonna get locked for its age and there's not really a manual skintone selecting mechanism for any game's babies unless you're editing them all in CAS later. One thing that I think DID change after this thread was posted was that the game got better at actually choosing a skintone between the two parents' even if they were on different skintone sliders. I feel like it changed with the Supernatural patch because before then, it had to be modded in.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • KpoiKpoi Posts: 32 Member
    If you're using the default skin, then yes, I have noticed there can be a blend, however sometimes I've had children come out having the skintone of one parent completely!
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks considering this thread has been inactive for quite some time I'm going to close it off as necro posting is against the forum rules.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top