Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Groups?

AJC20178AJC20178 Posts: 264 Member
My teen son has 5 friends but I can only have 4 in a group, anyone know how to have more in the group? Any mods/cheats. Thanks

Comments

• AJC20178AJC20178 Posts: 264 Member
    Sim* not son
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    Hmm... The last time I checked the max amount of sims in group is 8.
    May I ask what group do you mean? Do you mean the outing groups?
    Yes, I used the phone to manage group then when I was creating a group it only let me add 4 other people
    How many sims are there in the group?
    4 but I wanted to add 2 more but it says
    max 4 more once I add my sim in
    I wanted 6 altogether sorry I'm not explaining very well.
    edited May 2020
    4 including your sim or 4 excluding your sim?

Edit. I may be misremembering. I'll open my game to see if I run into the same problem.
    4 more excluding my sim.
    Well, I tested it out. The max amount of sims I could fit in a group was 8 including my sim.

Your group consists of 5 sims, so you should be able to add 3 more sims, but your game doesn't let you to... Perhaps try creating a new group and put the same sims into it. Try if that works.
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Well, I tested it out. The max amount of sims I could fit in a group was 8 including my sim.

Your group consists of 5 sims, so you should be able to add 3 more sims, but your game doesn't let you to... Perhaps try creating a new group and put the same sims into it. Try if that works.

Ok I'll give that a try. I remember being able to add in 8, si I'm very confused as to why its changed on my game. Thank you very much for going into your game 👍
    Tried again, and still only max 4 sims 😔 has it go anything to do with the amount of people on the lot?
    No, it shouldn't...

A random question. If you throw a party, how many sims can you invite?
    I can only only invite 2 people I've actually just tried that and only 2!
    Hmm...
    I am actually beginning to see a correlation here. Maybe it has something to do with the amount of sims that can visit a lot.

The only thing I can suggest is to use this cheat:
    intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims [put a number here]

Try it (set it to a large number) and see if it affects how many sims can you have in a group.
    Hmm...
    I am actually beginning to see a correlation here. Maybe it has something to do with the amount of sims that can visit a lot.

The only thing I can suggest is to use this cheat:
    intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims [put a number here]

Try it (set it to a large number) and see if it affects how many sims can you have in a group.

I will try that today, thanks
    Oh, I'll include an example of the cheat, too. For example:
    intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 15

• DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    AJC20178 wrote: »

this is a result of modern hardware not being recognised by the game, it thinks you have a low end PC so it limits the amount of people you can invite. There is a permanent solution by editing the graphicsrules file, the same way that max resolutions are increased. Just have to find the right field and edit it (Back up the file before any changes!)
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
    Oh, I'll include an example of the cheat, too. For example:
    intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 15

This worked! Thank you
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Devalaous wrote: »

this is a result of modern hardware not being recognised by the game, it thinks you have a low end PC so it limits the amount of people you can invite. There is a permanent solution by editing the graphicsrules file, the same way that max resolutions are increased. Just have to find the right field and edit it (Back up the file before any changes!)

This is the best solution without having to use the cheat. Because if they don't do this the number of Sims that show up on lots in the main hoods will be reduced each time they load the game and or if they don't use the file for startup cheats to work without having to reenter them.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Devalaous wrote: »

This is the best solution without having to use the cheat. Because if they don't do this the number of Sims that show up on lots in the main hoods will be reduced each time they load the game and or if they don't use the file for startup cheats to work without having to reenter them.

How do I edit this?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Leefish site isn't allowed to be posted but if you google the Graphic Rule Maker for TS2 you should be able to find the program and all the instructions. But they are also listed here in some older threads before the site stopped us from posting the links. Not because there is anything wrong with it, the site just doesn't like the person's site who created this tool.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member

How do I edit this?

I cant help with finding the file itself, as other guides do that better (look up increasing Sims 2's resolution, there are plenty of guides out there) but once you find the graphicsrules file, you have to open it with notepad, and search for the max number of visitors line, and set all examples of it to 8 or higher. I go with 8, as its the EA default for a high end computer back then.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.