Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some underrated features of your favorite packs?

Comments

• Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    The Scouting that comes with Seasons! It's super fun to collect the badges and actually made me play with a family because it gave kids something to do since they didn't have much in the base game.

Omg I forgot completely about scouting!
  • Options
    Underrated features of Vampires (for nice people): The ability to have a 'dark form' opens up WAY more story options than you ever thought possible. Seriously. As does the ability to hunt vampires.

Underrated features of Vampires (for other people): Vampire powers such as Drain Needs and Influence Emotions make it SUPER easy to kill sims on the spot. Like, too easy. I recently played a vampire serial killer and got bored.

Wait... You can hunt vampires?
  • Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    Beekeeping box from seasons. I never play gardening sims because it takes so long for plants to evolve to perfect. Not only does it evolve plants faster, I enjoy the animation when bees pollinate all my plants at one go. Also fun to watch when you order the bees to go attack or impress someone. Makes my sim feel like a nature magic user.
  • Options
    I've grown to appreciate the bee box for sure. It's very versatile and I enjoy the animations too. :)
  • Options
    StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    If you have a food critic and open a restaurant, you can have your food critic add a garnish to dishes served and make them excellent even if you have a bad cook.
  • Options
    CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    Beekeeping box from seasons. I never play gardening sims because it takes so long for plants to evolve to perfect. Not only does it evolve plants faster, I enjoy the animation when bees pollinate all my plants at one go. Also fun to watch when you order the bees to go attack or impress someone. Makes my sim feel like a nature magic user.

I was gonna say... the bee box is amazing. You can also collect the honey which can make honey cake (available for aging up at birthdays and weddings) OR just drink it and both will give your sims some cute little moodlets.
  • Options
    I have to give a shout out to the food stalls too. Something great about seeing the ones from Seasons pop up in the neighborhood.

Plus if you play as kids you can feed them on the go ^^
  • Options
    I love that with Parenthood, Sims will autonomously "shout forbidden words" when they become tense or angry.
    Uh hello, Based Department?
  • Options
    I love with Parenthood;

Encouraging and seeing it change the Sims behavior.

Packed Lunches
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Some people will probably be annoyed at me for this one... lol!

But I LOVE My first pet stuff, I love the 6 postcards you can collect from it and add them to my bulletin board with my other cards and I especially love that my kids can study their pets as a homework assignment and it counts as having completed their homework (It's quicker than sitting down and doing homework too until you get the "breeze through homework" option. As far as I know it's the only homework alternative built into the game and I wish there were more, such as studying plants etc. Homework isn't ALWAYS book work.
  • Options
    I feel the main issue with MFPS was just how soon after it was released after CD and the fact that it required CD too.

I honestly can't wait to get it on console one day if it ever releases. That sounds awesome about pet homework. I wonder if the school projects count as homework or even just towards grades. Something I need to test I think.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I feel the main issue with MFPS was just how soon after it was released after CD and the fact that it required CD too.

I honestly can't wait to get it on console one day if it ever releases. That sounds awesome about pet homework. I wonder if the school projects count as homework or even just towards grades. Something I need to test I think.

School projects do not count as homework, but they do count towards grades. THey basically give you extra credit and help build a skill. They can be done with up to 5 Sims working on one project together :) My kids do them a lot haha! And I hope you get MFP on console one day, sooner rather than later :)
  • Options
    I have discovered that school projects don't count as the homework task but they do Infact build towards grade progress though. I love having the school projects in the game definitely one main feature of parenthood I absolutely love.

School projects are always a spend time with friends or family moment in my game hahaha
  • Options
    AngelDAngelD Posts: 6 New Member
    Recently found out the Lin-z speaker will give you free services(food, repair and maid), when your needs are low/stuff is broken or dirty, when you befriend it. I saw someone say somewhere that toddlers can learn from it too, though I haven't tried that feature. In spa day there's a shower that is embarrassment free when someone walks in on you. For kid's character values I use the doctor play set for raising mental skill and Empathy at same time. Also if you can get the social interactions for kids with the little skill icons next to them, I spam those and it boosts the skill a ton along with the social skill.
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    The tents from Outdoor Retreat. They are so versatile from being something to use at home for campouts, homeless Sims or just vagabond Sims not living in homes but living off the land. Jungle Adventure too. You can read a guide, relax, nap, sleep or woohoo in them. I think you can also hangout in them also if you have a group of friends or family.

I'm not sure if Seasons affect them though. And lastly they haven't been cloned or reused in any way so they are a fairly unique object in that respect also :)

Yes! Tents are awesome, I often send my sims camping somewhere, not necessarily Granite Falls. Usually it's Windenburg Island or Deadgrass Island. Campfires come in useful too β€” sims can fry fish on them and it comes out of excellent quality (if it wasn't spoiled). With a portable shower sims can live on a beach for a while. I wish we had portable toilets too πŸ˜…
    AngelD wrote: Β»
    Recently found out the Lin-z speaker will give you free services(food, repair and maid), when your needs are low/stuff is broken or dirty, when you befriend it.
    Wow, I have never used the Lin-z speaker! I remember it was a game breaker and I was too afraid to touch it πŸ˜…
  • Options
    Here is another one from outdoor retreat. The portable objects! Specifically though : The mini cooler which can help feed Sims inbetween BBQ meals. The campsite guitar with the little I love camping sticker on it. The firepit for solo time and social time. An air mattress which is a bed that goes into the inventory! And last but not least one of my most used friendly socials: cloud gazing and stargazing. A great way to keep Sims from wandering off and doing things and get them socializing πŸ˜‹
  • Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    I had a whole drama the other day where a vampire sim walked past my house in broad daylight and burned to death in my β€œdriveway”. Grim came over to do his thing while a crowd of about 10 sims gathered to mourn the crispy vamp. One of my sims pled for her life and won. The ungrateful vamp disappeared, but the crowd continued their mourning regardless. Grim grew tired of the shenanigans and took himself to the backyard, where he played on the slip and slide for about 4 hours. He was pretty 🐸🐸🐸🐸 good at it too.

So my answer is: the slip and slide.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    If you have get together, seasons, and outdoor retreat. You can make your kids join the scouts and go to summer camp. I built a summer camp lot in my save and made a scouts club with one teenager as the camp counselor. I set the club uniform as the scout uniform and had them gather at the camp. I can't remember how I did it though but I did set the camp as a national park so there was random people coming and going because generic wouldn't work. But I would have to try it again to see if I could assign different club members different beds and such.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Gosh, so many features I always forget about, or didn't even know about... vampire hunting? Bees pollinating? I never knew lol.

One of my oft used features is the yoga mat. I love that it gets sims calm and focused and keeps them slim at the same time.

It is especially useful to use whilst at university. All that junk food making sims fat, and all that studying and homework to do. Get on that mat and get your brain in gear and your body in shape!
  • Options
    There are so many features and little hidden treasures found in all the packs. I love discovering them and sharing them and learning more from you guys 😊
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    The Vet Career. A lot of people keep saying that Cats and Dogs only comes woth literally Cats and Dogs and how previous pet packs has more content, forgetting how deep the Vet Career is.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    TS1299 wrote: Β»
    The Vet Career. A lot of people keep saying that Cats and Dogs only comes woth literally Cats and Dogs and how previous pet packs has more content, forgetting how deep the Vet Career is.

I'm still not done playing with the vet career lol
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Gordy wrote: Β»
    With Realm of Magic, you can set fire to the spot right to a sleeping sim's side of the bed. It will wake up the sleeping sim, then they step into the fire and burn to death.

You can also commit insurance fraud by torching several items. The insurance company pays you some money, and you can just use Repairio to fix the items.

This is amazing! Hahaha I am so doing this :lol:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    I don't know why but since putting the candy bowl from Spooky Stuff in my vampires house I've been obsessed with it. It's interesting though cause I also have a ghost and they get completely different moodlets most of the time.

Unfortunately I haven't seen my Sims use it autonomously yet though. πŸ€”πŸ¬
  • Options
    rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'd say the cloning machine from GTW and the servos from DU are some underrated features.

Also I just realised it today, but if you have a cloning machine and a servo you can actually clone him!
    No need to create all the materials again and upgrade them from scratch, you can save sooooooooo much time it's insane!
    You can have a full army of fully upgraded robots with all the skills of the first robot in SECONDS.