Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is it?

M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
I’m looking forward to the new EP. 💚🌿🌼✌️☀️🌸

So Sim Guru Ninja shared a GIF from Eco Lifestyle EP. What is it?

Is it some kind of plant meat? Of is it synthetic meat? Or is it supposed to be some kind of sun dried meat?

The GIF:

Comments

• Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    The gif itself is tagged as "lab meat" on giphy.
    I'm guessing it might be a "getting meat without using actual animals, instead growing it from cells in a lab" thing?

Or, you know, just Sims weirdness like the money tree ;)
  • Options
    ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    The gif itself is tagged as "lab meat" on giphy.
    I'm guessing it might be a "getting meat without using actual animals, instead growing it from cells in a lab" thing?

Or, you know, just Sims weirdness like the money tree ;)

might be a meat tree, or you will be able to get meat from the cowplant...
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    It's so weird and creepy. Then again, I find looking at slabs of meat in a supermarket weird as well.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    It's weird and doesn't seem like an eco-friendly thing.

Despite that, I'm actually glad we're getting hobbies/more things to do with this pack: candle-making, bottled juices, meat carving (?), recycling.

If they give us new hobbies with every pack, we won't even need a hobbies pack after all.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Well, in TS3 you can grow meat (as well as cheese and egg) plants at a certain gardening level, so "harvesting" meat is not a completely new idea to the franchise. I understand this to be a kind of "cultured meat" that is grown from a cell culture as opposed to an animal, which is already a reality but still being developed to make it palatable.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    Vegan lab/garden-grown meat. Have that in your inventory, and you'll be able to make any meat dish you cook count as vegetarian. That's my expectation.
    a63ftuN.png
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    It looks like it grows out of the vertical planters so it's probably some kind of plant, maybe even cowplant.
  • Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    This is so weird and funny! Is that vegan meat? This EP is looking to be more interesting than I thought! :open_mouth: I don't know if I want to touch that slab of meat when its been basking in the sun like that. That's like the optimum condition for bacterial growth. Glad it doesn't apply to sims. :D
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    does being an eco aware person one must have to be a vegan?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    izecson wrote: »

Nobody said that. But the mass production of meat is bad for animals, humans and the environment. So to be eco-friendly eating less and organic meat would be the right choice.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited May 2020

Being a vegan is the best way to cut your footprint, by A LOT. You can be eco aware and not be vegan, awareness doesn't mean taking actions. But if you want to take action, going vegan is the most effective way to fight the ecological crisis. Of course not the only way, but it has a great impact, especially if you combine it with buying local, avoiding plastic and so on.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    This slab of meat looks weird to me :D

I guess you could make a room (like a shed, basement, or a room to use in a retail shop) and hang lots of those slabs in there. I am not crazy about them slicing it onto a plate. I think the brown gift boxes from GF would have looked better (even better if the wrap was white paper).

I guess it goes into your inventory after slicing? Guessing you could put it in the fridge and when you cook you pull the package out and chop it on the cutting board and fry/bake it?

Would be nice to be able to have a slab of fish( different color) too for all the sims who fish a lot? New recipes for meat and fish?

This is new animations, and I am trying to figure out what else you could use the animation for in future packs?
  • Options
    This is new animations, and I am trying to figure out what else you could use the animation for in future packs?
    I imagine you can use it for hams, and sausages that hang to slow dry, or kebab... i imagine if they do add farming at some point, you will be able to also ehh send them off to slaughter, then you might be able to get hams to hang up like this...
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited May 2020

That is a question one has to answer for themselves. I would not say that you have to be vegan or vegetarian, but eating less meat definitely helps the environment because we mass produce meat a lot in our world.

I am not so sure about this "meat wall" though that Maxis have created, some people might find it as a scary alternative to eating meat when in reality there are many different ways to eat less meat.

We are also seeing more and more examples of food that are made to be more appealing to people who like to eat meat.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I imagine you can use it for hams, and sausages that hang to slow dry, or kebab... i imagine if they do add farming at some point, you will be able to also ehh send them off to slaughter, then you might be able to get hams to hang up like this...

I definitely thought this was more fitting for a farm pack. I do think we will get a Farm Pack and they would definitely use this in that pack, and maybe others.
  • Options

I definitely thought this was more fitting for a farm pack. I do think we will get a Farm Pack and they would definitely use this in that pack, and maybe others.

I agree it likely would be, but the plant based version makes sense in a hippie eco pack, where alternative lifestyle will be in focus... but i do think we will get a farm park at some point... and this animation will be reused then...
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    The meat device still reminds me of bacon.
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Why do people find this scary?
    No offense meant, but I honestly don’t understand.

I can see why people would be troubled by using virtual animals for meat (even though that is where it comes from). Lab-grown meat is an eco-friendlier alternative that may very well be the future. Nothing is killed for it and it saves a lot of methane pollution.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Irdiwen wrote: »

I can see why people would be troubled by using virtual animals for meat (even though that is where it comes from). Lab-grown meat is an eco-friendlier alternative that may very well be the future. Nothing is killed for it and it saves a lot of methane pollution.

No offense taken, I would imagine that people find it natural to see an animal grow but they don't find it natural to see just a piece of meat grow. I think we will accept it more in the future when we will begin to grow more things in a lab.
  • Options
    logion wrote: »
    Irdiwen wrote: »

No offense taken, I would imagine that people find it natural to see an animal grow but they don't find it natural to see just a piece of meat grow. I think we will accept it more in the future when we will begin to grow more things in a lab.

those i saw didnt even know it was lab grown at the point, something we are actually just specualting about still... they just thought it was too grapic to show the meat being taken like that, and because it was raw... i personally wonder how they get their steak, or if they never cook and just order precooked food, but that is just me...