Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Eco lifestyle' complaining thread

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited May 2020
    Trashmagic wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    Flexono1 wrote: »
    Plot twist, the meat wall is..............................ELIZA PANCAKES
    Nonsense. Pancakes don't have meat it them.
    image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.marthastewart.com%2Fstyles%2Fwmax-750%2Fd29%2Fmed106330_1210_bacon_pancakes%2Fmed106330_1210_bacon_pancakes_horiz.jpg%3Fitok%3DWIA8pQZj&w=1200&h=1200&c=sc&poi=face&q=85

Oh no! Haha.

The "meat" wall is odd. I'm wondering what's all to it though. Is it just free food, can you grow it? Is this possibly a new death type? >:)

I bet there will be cannibalism mods :s

Now you've mentioned that someone probably will make a mod for it! I remember with 'The Sims' dungeons and torture chambers were popular! B)>:)
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I still feel it's the My First Pet Stuff for EPs... But we'll see I guess...
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »

Took the words right out of my mouth lol!
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »
    I feel like Tiny Living is the new My First Pet but they put it out first thinking they could avoid the outrage of putting out the same theme one after another.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I don't think it is vegan. I think it really is meat.

At least it isn't like that BBQ baby mod. I can actually stomach this and I am someone who can't stomach blood in games. But then again I'm not vegan. I am just dairy free and red meat free and gluten free, so yes I wouldn't eat this myself since it is red meat.

This is a reference to impossible foods. They make “meat alternatives” which is plant based food that’s colored and flavored to resemble red meat.
    Oh the "dog foods meats". Yeah my aunt ruined those for me even though it ended up being mostly false. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/impossible-burgers-dogfood/

I do use Pea protein for my shakes. Jackfruit is actually a very good meat alternative. I know people use soy too which I used to use until they put it in everything.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • LissmelsLissmels Posts: 79 Member
    The crazy thing is that the trailer usually gets us overhyped and tricks us into buying a pack that turns out to be lacking. When the trailer alone is disappointing, it really makes me question the pack...
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    I don't think it is vegan. I think it really is meat.

At least it isn't like that BBQ baby mod. I can actually stomach this and I am someone who can't stomach blood in games. But then again I'm not vegan. I am just dairy free and red meat free and gluten free, so yes I wouldn't eat this myself since it is red meat.

This is a reference to impossible foods. They make “meat alternatives” which is plant based food that’s colored and flavored to resemble red meat.
    Oh the "dog foods meats". Yeah my aunt ruined those for me even though it ended up being mostly false. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/impossible-burgers-dogfood/

I do use Pea protein for my shakes. Jackfruit is actually a very good meat alternative. I know people use soy too which I used to use until they put it in everything.

As regards animals being a source of pollution, don't forget that man has got rid of more herd animals over the last hundred years or so than exist on earth today. What about the millions of buffalo that roamed the USA before cattle took over or the huge herds of wildebeest and other grazing animals depleted on the African Plains? Their "natural functions" enriched the soil too via dung beetles who are the true heroes of eco life systems. The ancient Egyptians knew this with their scarab beetle, symbol of renewal. Crop spraying kills valuable insects too. I suppose the beetle larva in Eco living will try to reproduce that in some way? I hope so. We are getting it all wrong if we think animal farming only is the culprit

• EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited May 2020
    Hi everyone,

I have removed some comments from this thread that were not on topic or didn't belong on the forums.

Let's remember to keep things on topic, civic and game related - we are here to discuss The Sims, not people. Also, leave references to illegal activities out, and remember there are younger Simmers on the forums as well.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    It looks O.K. to me. Death by Flies is back, we're getting some clothing that looks slightly edgier than normal, we get dumpsters, a live grass texture for roofs, wind turbines, solar panels, and industrial harbor town, smog...it looks O.K.

My biggest gripe is that it doesn't look like there was anything done to make playing with the polluted state of the world fun or allow us to play sims as evil industrialists as well as altruistic environmentalists. There is no evidence of toxic waste/mutagenic ooze to give sims mutations or super powers, there are no mutated monsters to pop up if you let things stay nasty or get worse, and there doesn't seem to be a "greedy business mogul" route to go so we can give our eco-friendly sims a real antagonist to go up against. It's just a playable PSA about taking care of the environment. There doesn't seem to be anything darker or weirder under the surface...and that disappoints me.

My only hope is that this pack either brings improvements to plant sims, or actually does contain the elements I didn't see in the trailer but really wish were there...But, that's pretty unlikely.

This actually highlights my only complaint. I like what I saw so far and I preordered. But my complaint is that none of these packs offer enough ways to play it "your way"
    Sure I plan to use this as a way to pollute the world and bring apocalypse and chaos, but as of now evil sims are not even evil. They still constantly smile like jokers, there are no burgerlers or crime. No zombies no nothing. And even this pack seems it was intended to be a clean up the world and all is happy and bright again. That's what turned me off so much about the trailer in the beginning.

The fact that even gave us this dirty polluted world with sims being able to make clothes and furniture from trash is indeed a step in the right direction. I hope to see more darker ways to play. And yes I know this isn't resident evil. But all I need is to be provided with the right tools to choose and create the way I want to play.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    About the meat plant wall thing.

See, this is another reason I don't get the "Farming" thing. Seriously, the only way i would be interested in a Farming pack is if you actually did everything involved, including raising animals for meat and then killing them (or at least tagging them for delivery to a slaughter house). Otherwise it would just be super-Disneyfied.

...Which of course sums up Sims 4 anyway... It is after all 95% happy candy cotton clouds and rainbows and my little Pony / care bears.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

See, this is another reason I don't get the "Farming" thing. Seriously, the only way i would be interested in a Farming pack is if you actually did everything involved, including raising animals for meat and then killing them (or at least tagging them for delivery to a slaughter house). Otherwise it would just be super-Disneyfied.

...Which of course sums up Sims 4 anyway... It is after all 95% happy candy cotton clouds and rainbows and my little Pony / care bears.
    LOL I was thinking that too. Like um, have people been to farms before and know how their meats are processed? Part of the farm process is making farm animals into meat. Even watching Babe changed my life.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited May 2020

LOL I was thinking that too. Like um, have people been to farms before and know how their meats are processed? Part of the farm process is making farm animals into meat. Even watching Babe changed my life.

I grow up on a farm we ate animals sometimes but the truth is if you run a small farm its to expensive to get the meat processing done
    we did milk cows a lot for butter and cheese and a lot of the animals were pets and therapy animals also we get eggs from hens
    and we plant stuff a lot canning is also very big here and in fall and winter we feed the birds and bees so they wont go hungry
    @Scobre
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    edited May 2020

I grow up on a farm we ate animals sometimes but the truth is if you run a small farm its to expensive to get the meat processing done
    we did milk cows a lot for butter and cheese and a lot of the animals were pets and therapy animals also we get eggs from hens
    and we plant stuff a lot canning is also very big here and in fall and winter we feed the birds and bees so they wont go hungry
    @Scobre
    Awe must have been so cute. My dad raised chickens and my mom has wanted chickens for the longest time but he refuses to get some because it horrified him when he had to put one down as a kid. I hope that you enjoy the pack if you decide to get it then even if you don't play with that part of the game.

@Scobre
    Awe must have been so cute. My dad raised chickens and my mom has wanted chickens for the longest time but he refuses to get some because it horrified him when he had to put one down as a kid. I hope that you enjoy the pack if you decide to get it then even if you don't play with that part of the game.

I am gonna get it right away because the trash can be everywhere @Scobre
  • bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member

For me it would be more about milking cows, gathering chicken eggs, shearing sheep for wool (to knit?! :hushed: ), feeding your animals your compost, farming grains and other foods, having a neighbourhood farmer's market to sell your wares, that kind of thing. I think they could do a full and very fun expansion pack without going into the animal slaughter side of things, which may be a little inappropriate for the Sims. Although I suppose you could have the option of breeding the animals and selling them, just like a blanket "sell" option without really specifying what happens to them. Maybe.

Also - I am no vegan, but that meat-wall thing turns my stomach. Mega ew. No thanks.
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I just can't fully comprehend why certain things players have been asking for that have been incomplete, mediocre, empty, missing from the beginning still aren't being focused on.

I don't recall a large group of players ever asking for a meat wall (even if I find it funny and disgusting) or at least 3 eco themed packs like they have called for babies not to be objects or improved sims in general (personalities, emotions, memories, etc...). And players may have technically voted for this in what eventually became Laundry Day, but as numerous people here on the forums, on youtube, twitter, fb, and probably other places as well have mentioned that was 3(?) years ago. Not to mention that was also after they'd told everyone laundry likely won't happen unless in a stuff pack if I recall correctly, and please note they voted for a stuff pack.

I think if it were a stuff pack or game pack the only complaint (unless it breaks something or feels lacking) would be that there are multiple packs with the same theme that should've been combined to make an EP. Is it stuff I wouldn't mind seeing in general in one big pack? I would've probably have been pleasently surprised and intirigued but with every new pack I just think 'but what about the sims', because they lack so much depth.

I'd rather they improve what's already in the game for right now rather than pile on more stuff to the game.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
    I think it might be because a lot of the gurus have made other sims games I think that makes you where you don't wont to do
    some things that are a lot a like its understandable after all playing the game is a lot different then making it I'm sure
    talking about something your doing for the third time gets old
    I still want what I want though
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member

I would be horrified to have the option in the sims to kill animals. And I do not think it is a TS4 things, never in the sims were we able to kill animals for food (at least not that I can remember).
    When I say I want a farm, I never imagine raising cute pigs for bacon. I imagine having loads of different crops, a farmet market, rural hobbies, a different lifestyle for my sims than what we have now.
    I don't think having farms in the game without harming animals would be "super-Disneyfied", it would just be compassionate and respectful towards sim animals. I'd love to have pigs, sheep, and cows in my game but not to kill them.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    My only complaint is that while we now have Sims able to live off hardly any income, there isn't really enough benefit to a sim from being super-rich. By that I mean they can't rely on paying staff to do all their tasks like housework, cooking, and childcare properly. Yes you can get the staff but it doesn't matter how much you pay them, they still don't seem to take a real pride in doing their jobs well. You can't rely on them. I think there should be a top-notch level of staff who do all the tasks properly as long as they get paid. And the butler should take care of hiring people like maids and repairmen as needed.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    My only complaint is that while we now have Sims able to live off hardly any income, there isn't really enough benefit to a sim from being super-rich. By that I mean they can't rely on paying staff to do all their tasks like housework, cooking, and childcare properly. Yes you can get the staff but it doesn't matter how much you pay them, they still don't seem to take a real pride in doing their jobs well. You can't rely on them. I think there should be a top-notch level of staff who do all the tasks properly as long as they get paid. And the butler should take care of hiring people like maids and repairmen as needed.

The main benefit to being rich is having super-big houses and filling them with solid-gold toilets, and going on long vacations to fill your collections.

Still, a varying level of employees would be nice.

Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    @IngeJones that's a very good point.

Maybe they should make a super-rich pack with loads of stuff that will cost heaps of money. The best servants, the most expensive furniture (and I mean ridiculously expensive) and bring us cars so we can have a Jaguar or two on the drive :D

They could add the much-wanted burglars to steal from the rich, and the rich could invest in security equipment or even security guards to protect their property.
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I think it might be because a lot of the gurus have made other sims games I think that makes you where you don't wont to do
    some things that are a lot a like its understandable after all playing the game is a lot different then making it  I'm sure
    talking about something your doing for the third  time gets old
    I still want what I want though

This is partly why I'm interested in Paralives. It's a new, albeit tiny, team working on a new life simulator game. They're enthusiastic and passionate about it and that energy, even with my skepticism (that's in part because of what I'm used to with The Sims), is contagious. I like the fact that even though it may take a while they're trying bring something new and fresh to the table. That they want to understand potential players and create something great for those of us who love the genre. I love that they want to know what potential players might be interested in and why to get a better understanding of us.

On the flipside with The Sims team things have gotten stale to me. They've gotten stuck in a some aspects and I don't feel that same enthusiasm and passion here like I used to. I read their posts and listen to some of the livestreams but I guess because I know how much better things can be, and it feels to me like they aren't trying to do better, the excitement just falls flat.

I don't remember which gamechanger said it but she said something along the lines of how the Paralives team could take certain shortcuts and it'd be easier to turn a blind eye to because they're indie where if The Sims tried that it wouldn't fly because they have a what, multi-million or billion dollar company funding them. But also, to me at least, their shortcuts don't fly because it was 2014 when this game came out and it's 2020 now. When did The Sims 2 come out with detailed animations again? They have a 20 year history behind them, about 14 years of history before The Sims 4 with more heart behind the games then than I feel behind this one now. And not just with those little details, but so many things from the sims, to the worlds and neighborhoods, to the way packs were done, to the freedoms we as players were given.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    @IngeJones that's a very good point.

Maybe they should make a super-rich pack with loads of stuff that will cost heaps of money. The best servants, the most expensive furniture (and I mean ridiculously expensive) and bring us cars so we can have a Jaguar or two on the drive :D

They could add the much-wanted burglars to steal from the rich, and the rich could invest in security equipment or even security guards to protect their property.

I kind of feel like we need a new apartment system. One that allows our Sims to buy an additional lot and rent it out to other Sims. But we should be able to build apartments in it. (And also play Sims who live in the apartments if we want.) As a landlord, our Sims should have to do repairs as things break down or wear out, and if Sims move in and out. These things would cost money, plus the initial cost of the lot. Maybe our Sims would run into other problems like damages from tenants and of course, break-ins.

On that note, should our Sims have different home insurance options? Maybe some natural disasters like earthquakes could damage properties and cost money, or gas lines break, or the wind blows a tree onto their roof causing damage. It could even be connected to Seasons and Eco Lifestyle. It would probably just be a pop-up but it would still affect finances. I wonder if anyone would care to play that out? At least it would give us some surprises and random consequences and a reason to take some of the money away, lol.

#Team Occult
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I'm just disappointed. My main concern is how is this even going to give gamers replayability without it becoming a one shot and its done. I think it's going to be a another strangerville pack in terms of gameplay. They just dont listen.
    giphy.gif

• BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I looked over the trailer and noticed how boring the world is. Once you clean it up, it's yet another green neighborhood by the water. The only big thing I noticed is that there's a mountain or two in the background - which you likely won't be able to explore anyway.

I noticed that too, it looks like willow creek or the world they made for extra space
    giphy.gif