Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So 3 packs having Eco Living elements wasn't enough aye?

Comments

• DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited May 2020
    Nikkih wrote: »
    We dont know all that because all we have seen soo far is a 1.30 trailer and a few blogs, I think everyone needs too find out the gameplay and that first, i think people need to stop assuming what it is and what it isnt, what I said has been confirmed @Cinebar
    The thing with TS4 trailers of packs, the common occurrence is that they show 90% of the what these features offer in terms of game mechanics and questions like that are expected to be asked with heavy demands for answers. I think it's safe to assume that, considering the trailers of other DLC have pretty much showed pretty much all the hazardous things the pack's offer that the team deem would interesting for the players. Seasons trailers didn't show igloos, and the reason being that they didn't even exist. For what seems 1.30 trailer to you is pretty much cover everything of what the pack is all ABOUT, besides minor details that they reveal what the clothings will be and what chairs the game is gonna offer in livestreams. The reason being that's not the reason what expansion pack should be shoving to entice players for, but they aren't afraid to show major additions (such as festivals, lighting strikes, talking toilets, the ability to own a vet, etc.) that would get players interest. Get Famous, for instance, pretty much told everything what it's like being celebrity, along the fact revealing in a blog post that skill tree makes up the whole system..

Few minutes in and they show the return of the fly death, and 2 minutes later a whole suckion which blatantly alludes there's a new gameplay object with a special interaction. There's no reason to hide what happens if your Sims don't contribute to the whole cleaning up thing (which they did, only by alluding by the swarm of flies devouring your Sim), other than to hide the fact they're absent from the game and at most not that engrossing.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Find out more info, the developers will be having a deep dive, then we will all get the info we need to buy it or not, I think everyone needs to calm down though until then, at the end of day we dont know much about it atm @Cinebar

lol. That is funny. Someone says oh, drat I don't like the sound of this pack and they are assumed to be upset and someone else is jumping up and down on their feet after one email and a short trailer and saying omg, omg I'm buying this and the person who said oh, drat doesn't look interesting is told to calm down. :p
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I think that trailer was rushed because of the fake leak and the developers have answered some questions about it like it's not story driven like strangerville and it effects all worlds apart from strangerville and holiday worlds, I think they should've shown a polluted willow creek or something, their is new NPCs aswell been confirmed @DragonCat159
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Find out more info, the developers will be having a deep dive, then we will all get the info we need to buy it or not, I think everyone needs to calm down though until then, at the end of day we dont know much about it atm @Cinebar

lol. That is funny. Someone says oh, drat I don't like the sound of this pack and they are assumed to be upset and someone else is jumping up and down on their feet after one email and a short trailer and saying omg, omg I'm buying this and the person who said oh, drat doesn't look interesting is told to calm down. :p

Honestly I am so tired of this, if we don't like a pack we are free to express our opinion , we don't need to be told we are just haters and to just "don't like it, don't buy it." and shut up ...
    I didn't come on here too start an argument, aye I do think everyone needs to calm down a bit from both sides with the assumptions because we dont know much of a pack that's all I said, if you dont like this idea or you do it's fine either way @Cinebar
    edited May 2020
    I didn't come on here too start an argument, aye I do think everyone needs to calm down a bit from both sides with the assumptions because we dont know much of a pack that's all I said, if you dont like this idea or you do it's fine either way @Cinebar

If the Sims will keel over from pollution and they opened up the hospital and my Sim had to stand in line there just like the townies in GTW, I would buy it. But if it's just a pat yourself on the back for recycling I think I will pass. Oh, and one more if the meds they need to help them get healthy (because they could die) wasn't sold on a non animated pc action.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Fair enough @Cinebar
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited May 2020
    I think that trailer was rushed because of the fake leak and the developers have answered some questions about it like it's not story driven like strangerville and it effects all worlds apart from strangerville and holiday worlds, I think they should've shown a polluted willow creek or something, their is new NPCs aswell been confirmed @DragonCat159
    Might have to check the time stamp, but I feel like it was the type to showcase a trailer has it been months since the last trailer and EP was dropped. Expansion packs often feature their own world, so of course they would try to showcase as much of it as possible. Showing how each worlds looks polluted it be showcasing for Supernatural how each world looks during full moon or the occurence of supernaturals. There's not really variation going on, except that I can only predict they're used the same assets (toxic waste in rivers, darker sky) for every world which isn't all that interesting when they not vary that much.

Anyway, it's not like it's not been just one or twice to show as much as possible for a trailer of a certain expansion pack. Aside from showing ordinary stuff like generic clothing and base game related objects, what would the point of be hiding the bigger additions such as illness or a new death type which would be asphyxiation from pollution for a trailer in this case? When did they ever save something like that for a live stream? The only thing I can name it would be hamster death in MFP stuff pack, but that's like the only case I seem to recall. It's not like that they big on doing such suprizes to reveal negative consequence for a stream; they'll splatter it out in a trailer to not hold and boast on the job they done that has become be a selling point for a pack.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • EvangelineEvangeline Posts: 59 Member
    I did find it a little weird that they said they had 'so much more to show', like...isn't the point of a reveal trailer to show the main, exciting features? I understand that the eco footprint type feature has now been confirmed to affect other worlds too, which is great that it's not just contained to Evergreen Harbour, but if that's the main feature then... I don't know. To me it feels a little underwhelming. From what I've read and seen so far, this pack feels like little leftover pieces all added together for one EP. I could very well be wrong though! Just as a couple of examples... candle making to me should've been in Realm of Magic. Magic in real life (at least in the West !!) HEAVILY uses candles for spells and incantations. The vertical planters would've been perfect for Tiny Living (for saving space!) as would the introduction of ladders! I'm aware they're coming to base game, but this just felt obvious, IDK. As for the community lot voting feature in Eco Lifestyle, I think that could've GREATLY improved the City Living experience. With such a heavy emphasis on neighbours and community in a small space, it would've been SO cool to have my sims voting on the next festival that would take place in their city neighbourhood! Obviously I can understand why they're releasing this pack - in response to the community vote choosing the eco living theme however many years ago. Packs take a lot longer than people think to develop, so they probably ended up just starting development for EL way back then when it was said to be wanted, and now people have moved on to wish for other things. I understand that. However I also think that the people who voted for the eco theme (me included) didn't think that they would take that theme and run with it for so many packs!
    Evangeline wrote: »
    I did find it a little weird that they said they had 'so much more to show', like...isn't the point of a reveal trailer to show the main, exciting features? I understand that the eco footprint type feature has now been confirmed to affect other worlds too, which is great that it's not just contained to Evergreen Harbour, but if that's the main feature then... I don't know. To me it feels a little underwhelming. From what I've read and seen so far, this pack feels like little leftover pieces all added together for one EP. I could very well be wrong though! Just as a couple of examples... candle making to me should've been in Realm of Magic. Magic in real life (at least in the West !!) HEAVILY uses candles for spells and incantations. The vertical planters would've been perfect for Tiny Living (for saving space!) as would the introduction of ladders! I'm aware they're coming to base game, but this just felt obvious, IDK. As for the community lot voting feature in Eco Lifestyle, I think that could've GREATLY improved the City Living experience. With such a heavy emphasis on neighbours and community in a small space, it would've been SO cool to have my sims voting on the next festival that would take place in their city neighbourhood! Obviously I can understand why they're releasing this pack - in response to the community vote choosing the eco living theme however many years ago. Packs take a lot longer than people think to develop, so they probably ended up just starting development for EL way back then when it was said to be wanted, and now people have moved on to wish for other things. I understand that. However I also think that the people who voted for the eco theme (me included) didn't think that they would take that theme and run with it for so many packs!

Good points> what we already do know seems it might have went better with other packs and made more sense. And all three packs for more money might have fit into one huge EP like in the past. It seems to me some of this is in the vain of buy an EP (C&D) and wait on a stuff pack MFP and or GP to finish it out...but this time somewhat backwards. Buy Laundry Day and Tiny stuff pack and maybe another I can't remember and wait on the EP.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Seasons trailers didn't show igloos, and the reason being that they didn't even exist.
    But also first Seasons' trailer didn't show calendar at all, and it's a very cool feature. Same with Get Famous, as you said.
    Things like "how actually our actions will change the environment" or "how community voting will work" are hard to show in a reveal trailer.

• EvangelineEvangeline Posts: 59 Member
    That's a good point. They can't exactly show UI features until Gameplay trailers, which is when the narrator/annotation would usually explain them, I guess!
    I think gameplay trailer is what were needing now to explain more, although I like what the gurus has said about it soo far I'm not completely sold, I'm like the inbetweener, I'm not negative or positive, I want too know everything first before I buy or not
    I think I would enjoy the trash to treasure thing but wanted to be able to sell those on the tables that came in CL. I could have my Sims run a whole flea market or bazzar. lol I enjoyed TS3's junkyard so much and making stuff out of it to sell on a similar vein like at the thrift store in that game. I hope the pollution is more than just fx and tense.
    somewhsome wrote: »
    Seasons trailers didn't show igloos, and the reason being that they didn't even exist.
    But also first Seasons' trailer didn't show calendar at all, and it's a very cool feature. Same with Get Famous, as you said.
    Things like "how actually our actions will change the environment" or "how community voting will work" are hard to show in a reveal trailer.

I want them to go over how other common areas (like which lots) in other worlds already in game would work if the Sims vote in each world or only the one new world? It would be nice if that MP world could get a vote to turn that huge empty area in that town into something else. But not an art statue area such as a near by town where I live spent thousands and thousands for weird statues of art to put downtown then a few years later decided to ax those and change the business section again..wasted money and more taxes for it. lol
    That is one of the things I like the sound of the trash to treasure, I'm just really needing too see the gameplay to make my mind up @Cinebar
    edited May 2020
    That is one of the things I like the sound of the trash to treasure, I'm just really needing too see the gameplay to make my mind up @Cinebar

If SV zombies had more impact it would have been much more fun to see them in other worlds. I hope they have thought long and hard how this pollution actually affects other worlds and what impact it would have. And if the toggle is turn it off for entire game and or just for particular worlds. If it's off or on for the entire game that might get annoying in some worlds if you just want to play a regular story in your head. AKA too many different saves.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,185 Member

Yah, I really doubt that.They we're always going to release this in June.So a trailer was planned, and made before the fake leak.
    edited May 2020
    I'm hoping you can choose what worlds could get effected or not but I'm maybe being too hopeful @Cinebar , I just find it strange that this announcement trailer came no long after the fake leak, probably just a coincidence @Horrorgirl6
    I'm hoping you can choose what worlds could get effected or not but I'm maybe being too hopeful @Cinebar , I just find it strange that this announcement trailer came no long after the fake leak, probably just a coincidence @Horrorgirl6

EA often leaks for their own reasons. Like a planned leak.
    I just find it strange , country living the fake leak ( I was gutted it was) no long after that EA leaked what were really getting then give us a trailer a day after, its probably just a coincidence but that's how I came to the conclusion the trailer could of been rushed @Cinebar
    edited May 2020
    I don't think anything was rushed. I think the plan to release this in June is on time and the announcement to show a trailer is on time just as usual. It may be marketing had to work from home but they can zip that right over to them so I doubt the trailer was up all night get it done sort of deal. I think they did what was planned and no rush at all.

ETA: But whether we think it shows enough or highlights the more imporant features or even has any, is another thing. But marketing leads have changed a few times in the past few years so if we aren't happy with a trailer sneek peak then maybe it's a new marketer or someone we don't agree how to market it. Like GT didn't show a lot.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    somewhsome wrote: »
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    NOTHING BAD EVER HAPPENS IN THE SIMS 4.
    Isn't it the point of this pack? Bad things will start happening. That's why it's different from Laundry, Tiny Living and even Island Living (I don't own it, but I believe the island is already in the worst state, you can't make it even worse).

"Pay us if you want consequences in your game" - Electronic Arts

That's the issue. Yes, it adds bad stuff into your game, but it's artificial. You're stopping bad things from happening, but only if you shell out the 40 bucks that adds those bad things in the first place.

Basically, it costs real-world money to make your game "badness-free", but if you DON'T pay EA, then your game is already badness-free. So why are we paying for it?

Willow Creek already HAS blue skies. Why do I need to pay money to make its skies blue?

Cities skylines has a natural disasters dlc
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I've said it before:

They took the voting for "Laundry day", conclude a lot of people wanted eco stuff and then proceeded to split it into three packs to get more money from it.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited May 2020
    Scobre wrote: »
    peragogo wrote: »
    If this is "enough" for eco-friendly packs, then I think we've had "enough" packs for rich people. Moschino, Get Famous, Vintage Glamour, Luxury Party.

I like that there's more of a down-and-out vibe to Eco Lifestyle, like Strangerville had. I like more stuff for normal sims to get into.
    Seriously. City Living was such a rich people pack too. Getting bored of them. It is like people have had rich people packs for 5 years now, isn't that enough?

To be fair it is almost literally impossible to NOT be stupidly rich within a generation in Sims 4. You almost have to cheat money away to not beating the Landgraabs before your first kids are YA.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top