Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dine-Out and Seasons not compatible!!

RaichisimsRaichisims Posts: 61 Member
edited May 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
We all know IRL at least 50% of the food serving industry has outdoor seating/tables for sunny days.

With dine-out sims do not distinct between cold and hot weather, and will seat sims at the outdoor tables even during a BLIZZARD.

Band-aid solution? Remove outdoor seating in winter.

Now imagine playing a sim who doesn't own a restaurant, and having to remove all the outdoor tables of each and every diner in your game every time winter time starts! What a complete and utter drag, makes you want to just avoid going to diners in winter all together.

Quick Summary:

1. Sims get seated outside during Blizzards and storms.
2. Wait staff shovels snow instead of attending to customers.

Will update list as more issues are brought to light
Post edited by Raichisims on

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    You can click on an indoors table and ask to be seated at that one.
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    Raichisims wrote: »
    We all know IRL at least 50% of the food serving industry has outdoor seating/tables for sunny days.

With dine-out sims do not distinct between cold and hot weather, and will seat sims at the outdoor tables even during a BLIZZARD.

Band-aid solution? Remove outdoor seating in winter.

Now imagine playing a sim who doesn't own a restaurant, and having to remove all the outdoor tables of each and every diner in your game every time winter time starts! What a complete and utter drag, makes you want to just avoid going to diners in winter all together.

So true! I have to go and block off the outside seating area if I can lol
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    For me the problem is snow and storms - all of my sims seem to feel the need to go and shovel snow throughout their meals/jobs (for my staff if I'm trying to run a business), or leave their meal, walk outside to slip in a muddy puddle... and I cant seem to cancel the interaction :s Drives me absolutely bonkers!
  • GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    I totally agree with you!

I made a restaurants that works as a bar. I don't own it, but let my sims visit it a lot.
    I made a outside area which is super cute in the spring, summer or fall but now it's winter all the guests are still going to sit outside!
    Nobody even chose to sit inside.

crocobaura wrote: »
    You can click on an indoors table and ask to be seated at that one.

Yes, we know that. But the thing is that the quests are still sitting outside.

I don't want to delete the area, cause it's gonna look very empty.
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Simmivie wrote: »

You could draw a fence around it so they can't get to it during winter.
  • GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    Simmivie wrote: »

Thanks for your reply! I was wondering if that would work. Would the game not break then? Are the npc sims not still gonna try to sit there?
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • RaichisimsRaichisims Posts: 61 Member
    edited May 2020

Hurrah more band-aid solutions, same rule still aplies: Don't want to go put up fences each winter for all the restaurants as that too would be a huge pain in the butt.
    asimbsim wrote: »
    For me the problem is snow and storms - all of my sims seem to feel the need to go and shovel snow throughout their meals/jobs (for my staff if I'm trying to run a business), or leave their meal, walk outside to slip in a muddy puddle... and I cant seem to cancel the interaction :s Drives me absolutely bonkers!

This drives me mental too. My wait-staff keeps shoveling snow when they should be attending to the guests.
  • Pang278Pang278 Posts: 3 New Member
    As soon as I leave home my sims start doing something else. Is there any wau around this?
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    Don't put tables outside nobody did even in The Sims 2 for this very reason lol i've been around Content Creators for a while now and started uploading Builds but i've only uploaded 2 for TS2 but they taught me a bit and they always tell us we need to Weatherproof our lots and make sure the NPCs don't fry or freeze to death so... just Build them with no outdoor tables cos they'll still go out and be seated there. The Business Tools were never great and mostly broken and your sims owning a Diner it doesn't work well it only works better on Community Lots it's the same functions as TS2 Open For Business. What you COULD do is create the illusion they're outside with Windows all across to make it look more open, there's still a lot of pretending you have to do even with TS4 there's a limit of how realistic you can get it VS the programming.