Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Miss Cars?

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Yes, a lot.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    If they make cars in TS5 hope they will make a special passenger seat camera for players to take in the sights. Cars in TS3 drove around too fast for sight seeing. And cars should have workings doors and other features like they din in TS2.

In TS3, the cheaper cars are slower. You can also slow down the faster cars using NRAAS' Retuner mod to whatever value or use the Transmogrifier mod to copy a slower car's stats to the faster car, which will make the faster, more 🐸🐸🐸🐸 car less expensive and slower.

I really like your idea about a passenger seat camera or a first person view from the car that can view from side to side and when looking at the rear view mirror, will get a full screen view of that.

I agree with you, it would be nice to have the return of animations for opening car doors, and entering/exiting them like in TS2.

• bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    Yes and No.
  • SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    Yes... but if they do ever end up in the game, they will likely have something similar to the gameplay they had in Sims FreePlay. As in, not really worth it.
    banner.png
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    I miss them as I loved to use the object where we could do up the car. It would be nice to have that back but as different models. I also miss building garages. For me cars are a part of RL so, to me, they should be in TS.
    Scooters and mopeds!! Would love to have them too!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Yes I do.
  • HallgerdHallgerd Posts: 43 Member
    edited May 2020
    I miss, they were the thing that gave Sims realism. But I also remember the huge disappointment in Sims 3 when Sim didn't get in the car but disappeared in it. I know this is a closed world, but I would like to return cars from Sim2, with boarding animations and other possibilities, which the previous ones wrote about, with garages and driveways that make our buildings more real.
    Post edited by Hallgerd on
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited May 2020
    I think cars would be great in TS4, but since it's not open world, I think it would be nice if the pack would come with:

1) Drive-in Cinemas - It should come with a concession stand and servers on skates to take food orders from the cars.

Drive-in Cinema
    drive_in_theater_1050x700.jpg

Grease - Danny, Heartbroken, Sings about Sandy at the Drive-in
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyLKjp-xDWw

The Hooters - And We Danced
    (Rock Concert at a Drive-In)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB1Q-PfUvN0

2) Race Track - This would be SO cool! Start out with a junk car and pimp it out with upgrades and then race it against other cars around the track to win money and fame! Then you can buy better cars and do it all over again! Would add a great career - racer/mechanic ( more specifically for cars, not just handy in general).

111500862-resize-56a695163df78cf7728f2219.jpg

Grease - Thunder Road Race Scene
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsYC-hVEpQM

Post edited by ClarionOfJoy on
  • Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    I think cars would be great in TS4, but since it's not open world, I think it would be nice if the pack would come with:

1) Drive-in Cinemas - It should come with a concession stand and servers on skates to take food orders from the cars.

2) Race Track - This would be SO cool! Start out with a junk car and pimp it out with upgrades and then race it against other cars around the track to win money and fame! Then you can buy better cars and do it all over again! Would add a great career - racer/mechanic ( more specifically for cars, not just handy in general).

I think both of these ideas are super awesome and would be great in-game features!

~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • aircastle87aircastle87 Posts: 21 Member
    I don’t miss cars at all but I do like the idea of fixing up an old junker and developing the mechanic skill.
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Not in the sense that I miss owning cars, no. It made sense in the Sims 3 when it was an open world but the way the worlds are set up in the Sims 4 they seem unnecessary. I remember it being a pretty big deal when they were introduced in the Sims 2 but again with a closed world like 4 they were mostly just decor.

Now do I miss school buses, taxis and carpools picking up you sim instead of them just fading away when they leave a lot? Yeah, I think they added some realism but at the same time. It's not a big deal for me though.
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    Sims 2 was a closed world but used cars, heck, I think the pulling out of the driveway is adorable. Unfortunately that's way too much trouble for this version so it ain't happening.
  • OsnsnapitzharleyyOsnsnapitzharleyy Posts: 13 New Member
    If we had an open world, I feel like cars would've been something great to have, but I don't see the point of them in a closed world.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    So bad. I want cars and garages back.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    I miss them even more now.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    well here a bit of good news in the next patch repomen are returning to the sims4 found out via twitter

Have you ever wondered what are the “bills” that you’re actually paying for in The Sims 4? Well, worry no more!

The upcoming update for The Sims 4 is set to deliver a full estimate of how much you’re spending, including:

Lot Taxes
    Power
    Water
    Other Taxes
    Tax Breaks & Penalties
    The new User Interface that The Sims Team has shown off in the stream has a Billing Estimate on the left and Power and Water consumption levels on the right. If you have Eco Lifestyle installed you’ll be able to store that extra power and water and choose to go off-the-grid with your own supply or choose to sell the extra amount you’re producing!

The update is expected to come out shortly before the release of Eco Lifestyle – which is on June 5th.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    well here a bit of good news in the next patch repomen are returning to the sims4 found out via twitter

I was mad excited when I saw that! Guess all the complaining paid off :joy:

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Some people are complaining about their absence from this pack. But why would cars be in an Eco Friendly pack anyway?

You wanna get somewhere, you load-screen there. The only cars we need are props.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • LexiSimmer1992LexiSimmer1992 Posts: 2 New Member
    I don’t really miss cars honestly, some of the worlds seem empty without them but I don’t really miss them
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    Nah you didn't need them in TS2 and now you don't in TS4 either because it just takes you through a Loading Screen to get to another Lot it's unnecessary, we could add Bikes for exercise though.
  • daisy1989daisy1989 Posts: 87 Member
    I don't miss owning cars but I wish Sims still got car pools/the school bus like previous games
    Check out my YouTube channel @ DaisySims
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    I miss the cars from Sims 3 so much, along with the open world, also miss the motorcycle from Ambitions, and also the moped/scooter. I loved my sims driving mopeds through the world adventure worlds. As for the cars from Sims 2, they were nice to have, but since it was not open world I never felt they were a must have.
    APotts wrote: »
    I miss the cars from Sims 3 so much, along with the open world, also miss the motorcycle from Ambitions, and also the moped/scooter. I loved my sims driving mopeds through the world adventure worlds. As for the cars from Sims 2, they were nice to have, but since it was not open world I never felt they were a must have.

Mopeds would be such a cool addition to the game!
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    These cars in The Sims 4 needs to have a similar animation from The Sims 2. These cars must come to TS4
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2020
    (Does best attempt at a Casey Kasem impersonation)

The year, folks, was 1979. Let's remember what was playing on the radio (or 8-track/cassette player, for those so fortunate) as we more enlightened teens both bonded with and tortured our parents and other loved ones by making our way through that rite of passage called Learning How to Drive.

Here in my car
    I feel safest of all
    I can lock all my doors
    It's the only way to live
    In cars

Here in my car
    I can only receive
    I can listen to you
    It keeps me stable for days
    In cars

Here in my car
    Where the image breaks down
    Will you visit me please
    If I open my door
    In cars

Here in my car
    I know I've started to think
    About leaving tonight
    Although nothing seems right
    In cars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoL_zc8KMU8

(Scurries back to the TS3 section of the forum and I don't want to hear a single "OK, Boomer" out of any of you!) o:)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net