Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Delete Hair

Hi, guys, I deleted custom hair from my game and it still showing up what do I do to get rid of it?
d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg

Comments

• tweedletweedle Posts: 89 Member
    I've never encountered this bug in my game before so I don't know if I can be of much help but I can still try!

It's possible that you may have accidentally duplicated a package file (I've done this before); thoroughly check your mods folder if you haven't already. I also suggest uninstalling and reinstalling your game.
    Ding-dong! Your baby is gone!

-Social Worker, probably
  • LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    Not going uninstalled my game I no longer have the code for it.
    d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
  • tweedletweedle Posts: 89 Member
    Usually, when you reinstall your game, Origin gives you the product code so you can copy and paste it when prompted. If you're still unsure about that, you can always contact EA support and they'll give you a new one.

I recommend getting a code from support first.
    Ding-dong! Your baby is gone!

-Social Worker, probably
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited May 2020
    You're saying the hair shows up in your game? If yes, you probably as Tweedle says have another package file lying somewhere in your mods folder. If you can't find it manually, try this method:

Save your sim with that hair to the gallery. (ONLY the hair you don't want, do not put other variations of hairs)

Use Sims 4 Tray Importer to find out what CC is being used by the sim.

1. Click choose your sim with the hair you don't want. Click the CC button.
    2. If you only put one type of hair on her. You will not face the problem in the second screenshot.
    3. Now that you know what the hair is called. Go to your mods folder and delete the hair.

That should fix things. :smile: Let me know if it works.

1st Screenshot
    aa.png

2nd Screenshot
    aa2.png
  • avak_2006avak_2006 Posts: 5 New Member
    you won't have to re-purchase the game. after you enter the product code its on your origin account.