Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play to change in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack!

Comments

• BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,180 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    The meat wall could be good for stories. If you play a serial killer or a cannibal, it would make for great housing decor.

Would that be cannibal or Hannibal? ;)
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,017 Member
    edited May 2020
    Okay, the meat wall is giving me a great idea.

I've been doing a Tiger King/Rags to Riches/Corona challenge in my spare time. But with this, I could do a Carole Baskin challenge. She can kill her husband(s), then make and sell meat. Or, if you can use it to feed pets, she can feed some to her tigers.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    I think the fact that this EP influences all worlds is a good sign for the future. They like using a system for multiple things like the vampire system wuth perks for RoM and GF. So hopefully they will use this system for things like crime etc.
  • Hallie22Hallie22 Posts: 64 Member
    Maybe the meat from the meat wall comes from cowplants. Does that make it vegetarian?
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I just saw the meat wall, I'm no vegetarian but I found it quite disturbing, is it alive ? 😮, its that raw its still singing hakuna Matata 😂
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    LSM36 wrote: »
    We asked for it back in like the first community vote pack, now we get it in an expansion pack. I'm here for it. Especially as a tiny home fanatic. Seeing container homes as an option makes me happy.

I haven't looked forward to a pack this much since Seasons. Get Famous was an immediate, 'No'. Island Living is one of my favourite packs, but I was expecting a pack focused on fun in the sun, which did not appeal to me much. I like University, but it's an either-or - either I'm playing a Sim at university, or not.

This will integrate well with my Sims' lives and storytelling. (Though I think I'll skip on the cannibal meat wall - some of you are getting a little, um, weird. :o )
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    The problem for me in the sims 4 isnt its packs, it's the base game the foundation its all built on but they are continuing adding things via patch so who knows what they will add to it , I dont compare packs too the previous games, For example 'get to work' has elements of open for business and ambitions, most people compare it too them that's a bad idea lol , I see it as it's not called open for business or ambitions its called get to work so I see it for what it is and what it adds to the game, it brings aliens and abductions , 3 active careers, retail businesses, baking skills etc @marcel21

Hello :)
    fair enough, I'll agree to disagree.
    I do compare to old packs, you don't, that's fine.
    I know that GTW as 3 active career, aliens and retail, bakery .I owned it since release.
    I also compare get famous to get to work with its 1 active career and fame!
    or island living which seems nothing more than a glorified game pack!
    now this new pack which so far to looks like another game pack, but the cost of a expansion pack.
    I hope the launch trailer shows us more :)
    I think EA have done great work with the base game with the updates since 2014/2019
    happy simming :)

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

Cinebar wrote: »
    No, Maxis. How many packs does it take to bring forth the Eco living concept and living off the grid? Ten? Let's see, two EPs, IL was an EP wasn't it? And this ,eco living. And a stuff pack Laundry Day. And a knitting pack, and so and so on. How many does it take....I think this theme has run it's course especially since you haven't been able to even touch upon what people asked for to begin with which was living off the grid, and oh, wait, Tiny living pack, for tiny houses...

I assume if occult players had gotten this many packs having to do with other Lifeforms (theme), there would be all kinds of cain being raised here to let someone else get a pack about something else and stop reusing and revisiting the same theme over and over...but alas, it seems eco friendly players have racked up and still not happy..now, why is that? Hm, maybe because none of those packs met the expectations of the consumers. 2EPs, 3 stuff packs (same related theme) and still not what they requested. And another ho hum..

agreed :)

I would like to see gameplay for this EP because, as is, I'm not interested. The concept itself sounds good, but I don't think this should've been an expansion pack (with the way it looks at the moment, it looks more GP worthy; could be proven wrong in the future).

agreed with you.
    I need to see more, because that trailer did not excite me. i thought it was an April fools day joke :#

edited May 2020
    muffen202 wrote: »
    Hi, I need your help!! Why is it when redownloading my sim 3 seasons I'm only getting a 19 digit code when it's usually 20?! How can I get the other digit help!!

your on the sims 4 EXPANSION thread
    Post edited by marcel21 on

• NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited May 2020
    I definitely think we need to know more about the new pack, it does effect all the worlds its been confirmed I'm personally happy about that, maybe this is a type of pack that the sims 4 needs meaning things we havent had before, packs that nobody can compare to 😊@marcel21
    edited May 2020
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I definitely think we need to know more about the new pack, it does effect all the worlds its been confirmed I'm personally happy about that, maybe this is a type of pack that the sims 4 needs meaning things we havent had before, packs that nobody can compare to 😊@marcel21

hello :)
    I agree, absolutely.
    i'm sure it will have new elements to it like the dirty polluted words, yes that is NEW. would I use the feature, maybe. That is great to hear It can be used in other worlds much like seasons B) and i can't compare that element feature.
    It also has old ECO elements. as other sims 4 packs have had them.
    some simmers who have played since the early games will compare them to the current game if they look half baked with less features etc etc etc
    happy simming :)

• ej_4_simsej_4_sims Posts: 30 Member
    Okay... but who even asked for this?
    The only thing I am excited for is ladders.

Ladders are comming in a free update not with the game I think
  • tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    edited May 2020
    Not interested so no thank you. Another pack I'm not buying. The last one I purchased was the Magic Realm.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    ...chickens are the only part that MAY interest me..but >.< Please stop with the cringe songs in our sims ads...please...the music almost ruined it entirely for me.

EDIT : WAIT THOSE AREN'T CHICKS?! in that case NEVERMIND not getting it at all.

Sounds like you are waiting for a farm pack.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
    sam123 wrote: »
    Not looking forward to this one either. This theme should not have been an EP. Honestly Generations or a Farming pack were what most of the community here wanted.

Eco Living won that stuff pack vote a while ago based on the other themes that were on that survey. If Farming or Generations was on that same survey it would not have won.

Severely disappointed and let down yet again.

Maybe, but Laundry won that vote for a STUFF pack. We are also getting a heck of a lot more in this pack than we would have if it were an Eco stuff pack. And a large segment of the forums has been begging for the Eco theme to come back ever since. Next after this comes out, we can beg for a Farm EP, and you never know, they might listen. It might take awhile of course. I am hoping they will bring back horses, and add cows, pigs, sheep, chickens/chicks, eggs, bees, juicers, and more harvestables (beans, cucumbers, zucchini, beets, berries, peaches, chickpeas, corn, additional growable spices, maybe even wheat, rice, vanilla, or cacao), with a Farm EP. If they were to try to combine all that in with an Eco pack, it would simply be too much, or else it would take too long (kind of like toddlers did....). Even Sims 1, which arguably packed the most into each EP, since it had no SP's, did not have that much content per EP. Moreover, that way Farm can be its OWN EP.

And yes, there is CC/mods for more harvestables (a big THANK YOU to icemunmun and Leniad), but it would also be nice if these were included in the game. Heck, I'd love it if icemunmun or Leniad were brought on (even on a temp/remote basis) to help with Farm pack harvestables. (Wish icemunmun's jambalaya would come back, but it seems to be incompatible for now). By the way, icemunmun has even released chickens and eggs on his blog.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
    My first pet stuff meets Strangerville. Anyway, it really looks like it should be a game pack. Let's see... maybe in a bundle.

Just wait, it will happen eventually.
    MochiMomma wrote: »
    Ugh, I agree so much with all these opinions about how repetitive this content feels. It really feels like re-hashed concepts from previous releases. And so disappointed that this is designed as an expansion pack.

Speaking of re-hashed concepts, whatchawannabet that CARS (and working driveways and garage doors) are re-released in a game pack? (If they wanna do something new with it, I suppose they could add dealerships, bus stops, subway rabbitholes, maybe even trolley cars.) They already have the racecar office chair, I suppose they could put the racer toddler or child bed back in, along with a car repair skill. This EP, by the way, would have been a perfect opportunity to add cars back. Especially since, if we wanna focus on pollution, pollution is actually going DOWN lately due to fewer cars on the road, especially where few or no emissions standards exist.
    Well they weren't wrong, this IS something the Sims haven't done before....

Part of it *is* kind of like the inventor in Sims 3, and the utopia/dystopia in the futuristic pack in Sims 3. The crafting also reminds me of the toy making machine in Sims 2. But I think I like the way it is being put together.
    ...chickens are the only part that MAY interest me..but >.< Please stop with the cringe songs in our sims ads...please...the music almost ruined it entirely for me.

EDIT : WAIT THOSE AREN'T CHICKS?! in that case NEVERMIND not getting it at all.

because I'm not digging through 12+ pages to find the answer...if those weren't baby chicks, what were they? Now I'm frightened.

They are little mutant monsters caused by all the pollution. >:)>:)>:)
    aiex wrote: »
    I'm personally not excited for it. I feel as though this could've easily been a GP or an SP.. seems like a waste of an EP.

Very lackluster looking gameplay as well.. I am highly disappointed.

Great! Another assignment. I had to kill the Mother then I had to clean up Sulani, now I have to clean up a town. Well I won't be doing that, I will Sims with the slob trait into the world and just let them live in filth and degradation and let the chips(potato that is) fall where they may!

LOL, sounds like you are NOT into RPG games. Path of Exile: Retrieve medicine chest from Frost monster. Kill mutant mermaid who hates everybody before she kills you. Kill the monster in charge of the prison who is blocking the path through it. Etc., etc.
    Zimz4 wrote: »
    Maybe the developers should concentrate on fixing all the game's problems first. What's the likelihood this pack will add several new problems to the game?

Lol, it literally comes with bugs :D

*crickets*
  • AericiaAericia Posts: 110 Member
    No matter what you do but how you do it. The problem is that devs make packs that look unfinished. For example, Get Famous includes only the career of the actor and only this... and they could included a musical career of rock, pop, rap. It looks like halfway out of work. that is why they "burn" good ideas, because if they present in new pack a music career now, fans will say that it is a copy of Get Famous.
    It's the same with ecology in The Sims. They started doing something at Island Living, but did not do enough - a few rubbish to clean up and an ecologist's career. And now they release eco living, because the eco theme is a good idea. If they made larger additions from the beginning and planned the content better, there would be no problem.
    Yes, the players asked for eco, but maybe not cleaning and designing the machines, because they already got it. What problem is to combine eco with the farm? or instead of another plain town, for example an oceanarium or some forest in the mountains?
    Players are not disappointed because of eco. Players want new things, want "finished", well-used ideas, not copying ideas. And, as I know life, it will be another poor in gameplay expack. :(
    Origin ID: ukyojin
    Unofficial Polish Forum - simtopia.pl
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    Aericia wrote: »
    No matter what you do but how you do it. The problem is that devs make packs that look unfinished. For example, Get Famous includes only the career of the actor and only this... and they could included a musical career of rock, pop, rap. It looks like halfway out of work. that is why they "burn" good ideas, because if they present in new pack a music career now, fans will say that it is a copy of Get Famous.
    It's the same with ecology in The Sims. They started doing something at Island Living, but did not do enough - a few rubbish to clean up and an ecologist's career. And now they release eco living, because the eco theme is a good idea. If they made larger additions from the beginning and planned the content better, there would be no problem.
    Yes, the players asked for eco, but maybe not cleaning and designing the machines, because they already got it. What problem is to combine eco with the farm? or instead of another plain town, for example an oceanarium or some forest in the mountains?
    Players are not disappointed because of eco. Players want new things, want "finished", well-used ideas, not copying ideas. And, as I know life, it will be another poor in gameplay expack. :(

I think you could make a case that Island Living was the one that had shoehorned activism dumped into it lol They could have made mermaid gameplay much deeper instead and add a few other unique water interactions, since a lot of them are re-used (like the animation of toddlers playing in the water). I do like off the grid though, but not even that was well implemented.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • AericiaAericia Posts: 110 Member
    aiex wrote: »
    I'm personally not excited for it. I feel as though this could've easily been a GP or an SP.. seems like a waste of an EP.

Very lackluster looking gameplay as well.. I am highly disappointed.

Great! Another assignment. I had to kill the Mother then I had to clean up Sulani, now I have to clean up a town. Well I won't be doing that, I will Sims with the slob trait into the world and just let them live in filth and degradation and let the chips(potato that is) fall where they may!

LOL, sounds like you are NOT into RPG games. Path of Exile: Retrieve medicine chest from Frost monster. Kill mutant mermaid who hates everybody before she kills you. Kill the monster in charge of the prison who is blocking the path through it. Etc., etc.

Sorry for the next post under mine.
    Forgive me if I misunderstood you. English is not my strong point ... If we're talking about RPGs then Strangerville is extremely badly done. if it were released as a separate title, players would have a furious raid on the company’s headquarters, because I haven't seen such a simple and boring RPG gameplay in a long time.
    the sims is a life simulator and it goes poorly for authors making RPG game.

Origin ID: ukyojin
    Unofficial Polish Forum - simtopia.pl