Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All questions about the Eco Lifestyle EP

M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
Dear all

I’m so excited for the new Eco Living EP. ☀️🌸✌️🌿👏

I do have some questions about the pack though:

1. I think the two new careers (as a maker and as a community designer) sounds very interesting. What can we expect of these? Are they both freelance careers?
2. I love the new world. How many lots are in it?
3. Is the enviornment in the new world ever changing? How are the sims’ homes and lifestyle affecting this environment? Like for instance if a rich spoiled sim move into the town, how will his behaviour effect the town’s environment? Or if a very sustainable hippie sim move into the town, what will then happen?
4. I’m really looking forward to make various sims to move into the new world. Are there any new personality traits and aspirations?
5. I’m very interested in the new community project lot. I suppose our sims once in a while are supposed to vote on what the lot should be used for. I really like that. So it seems like the sims can decide on making a community garden, a market place or a maker space. Can the sims decide on other projects as well?
6. How are norms in the town? Do people care about the environment? Will you be frowned upon if you don’t live sustainable?
7. I like the marked place. I suppose you can buy things there. Can you sell things too?
8. One of the most exciting things in the pack are the new energy sources (sun power, wind power and water collecton). Will these features work with off the grid lot trait? Can they break? Can they be upgraded?
9. Another very exciting thing about the pack is how we can go about and collect materials for crafting (like the dye) and stuff (like the mattress) in the world. This reminds me of role playing games and I love that. What more stuff kan we expect to find when go about the new world? Will this game feature work with other kinds of crafting (like painting, flower arranging, cooking etc.)?
10. I also look forward to be able to craft candles and make juice. Are there other new things we can craft too?
11. I find it interesting how we can collect trash and make it into a cube. But what are these cubes used for? Can we make functional objects out of them?
12. Speaking about trash, can we somehow sort trash, like for instance compost food?

If you are curious to know more about this pack too, please ask your questions below in a comment. 👇👇

Please, don’t be rude. I want the devs to read and answer these question. They probably won’t if we are mean to them.

Peace, love and harmony to you all! ✌️💚🌸

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2020
    13. Will there be a new degree tied to the new community designer career? Or will it be tied to an existing degree?
    14. How will the community shared space work when in other worlds?
    15. Are there health conditions related to pollution?
  • ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    i have a feeling sewing clothes will also be included... after they will now included locked clothes with the knitting, and it would fit with the collecting for crafting and knitting if sewing came with this pack...
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    13. Will there be a new degree tied to the new community designer career? Or will it be tied to an existing degree?
    14. How will the community shared space work when in other worlds?
    15. Are there health conditions related to pollution?

Very good questions. Thanks for asking them. ✌️
    i have a feeling sewing clothes will also be included... after they will now included locked clothes with the knitting, and it would fit with the collecting for crafting and knitting if sewing came with this pack...

I would just looooove that! 💚
    16. Do candles melt?
    16. Do candles melt?

I am pretty sure they do... like 80 % sure...
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
    I wasn't expecting this pack, but it fits SO well with my legacy game.

I currently have 25 sims, spread across 4 generations and 5 households that I've been playing for 18 months. The patriarch and matriarch are hippies, but I've run out of things for the grandfather to do. He builds things on the workwooding table, so upcycled builds would be perfect for him. The grandmother has max skills in cooking, gardening, and herbalism, so building a roof top terrace on their beddington bungalow is perfect. The grandmother is also waiting to start knitting so it will be a big year for them.

The grandparents have a son who went full rags to riches on a beach in Sulani, and has a tiny house lot with her mermaid wife. She's a conservationist and already cleaned up Sulani. So she could be the natural leader for cleaning up the new town.

But first, I may need to let the new smoggy place sit in squalor for a bit, it would be a cool chance to make new grungy house for my university drop out sim who has lazy, and slob as his traits. He currently lives in a burnt out duplex with broken amenities, but he keeps fixing it up too fast.
    I wasn't expecting this pack, but it fits SO well with my legacy game.

I currently have 25 sims, spread across 4 generations and 5 households that I've been playing for 18 months. The patriarch and matriarch are hippies, but I've run out of things for the grandfather to do. He builds things on the workwooding table, so upcycled builds would be perfect for him. The grandmother has max skills in cooking, gardening, and herbalism, so building a roof top terrace on their beddington bungalow is perfect. The grandmother is also waiting to start knitting so it will be a big year for them.

The grandparents have a son who went full rags to riches on a beach in Sulani, and has a tiny house lot with her mermaid wife. She's a conservationist and already cleaned up Sulani. So she could be the natural leader for cleaning up the new town.

But first, I may need to let the new smoggy place sit in squalor for a bit, it would be a cool chance to make new grungy house for my university drop out sim who has lazy, and slob as his traits. He currently lives in a burnt out duplex with broken amenities, but he keeps fixing it up too fast.

That story sounds sooo cute. I’m inspired! 💚

Unfortunately, I don’t think that’s the case. But I do hope you are right! 🤞
    edited May 2020

Unfortunately, I don’t think that’s the case. But I do hope you are right! 🤞

I am not even sure why i imagine it... i do hope so... but it might just be my imagination, that they would put a little of what they dropped from knitting pack into this one as well... Anyone who has a list of the option for arts and craft and what was originally in that one, and what things was against knitting?
    edited May 2020

I am not even sure why i imagine it... i do hope so... but it might just be my imagination, that they would put a little of what they dropped from knitting pack into this one as well... Anyone who has a list of the option for arts and craft and what was originally in that one, and what things was against knitting?

Yes. The options for Arts and Crafts were as follows:
    1. Knitting
    2. Embroidery
    3. Glass fabrication
    4. Pottery Wheel
    5. Edible Art

There’s still a chance that we will get some of those hobbies at some point but I think we will have to wait a bit until we get a pack devoted to hobbies.

In the mean time, we should continue to ask for it.

But with Eco Lifestyle we get at least 3 new hobbies and I’m happy about that. And there might still be surprices we don’t know of yet.

But what I’m most excited about is the fact that we will get an online marked place AND that we will be able to collect materials to make stuff out of!

Like in June our sims will go about the world collecting dye, wood, ingridients etc. to make furniture, candles, food, juice etc. and sell all online, in shops or on markets.

But imagine how the devs could expand on this! Someday we might even will be able to collect wool, eggs, milk etc. to produce clothes and food.

We are diffenately on the right track here!

But I stil think you should raise your voice and politely ask to get this feature (upcycled clothes) in a future update or pack. It’s an amazing idea and it should be fairly easy to implement in the game. Perhaps you should make a poll and ask the community about how many that would be interested in that feature. That will give you, the devs and the rest of us an idea of how much support this idea has. I will vote for it! :)

Post edited by M1ss_Plumbum on
    i actually have another thought... maybe the online market is connected to other players like with the gallary... remember they said they have some fun things up their sleeves to make it funny now to play together apart, while they are not doing multiplayer... imagine if this was it...

Yeah i might just tweet it to them for now as a suggestion...
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    SimGuruFrost hinted at some kind of 'alcohol' gameplay (not confirmed)

It would be so cool if 'juiced' was an official emotional state similar to the 'possessed' emotion in StrangerVille. I wonder if they'll go that far? Probably not...
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    Will we be able to turn off pollution in game options for other worlds?
    akaniki0 wrote: »
    Will we be able to turn off pollution in game options for other worlds?

The gurus have confirmed that there'll be a toggle that freezes the world pollution per save.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    How many lots are in Evergreen Harbor?
    Is there an option in the menu for clean, dirty or neutral for the worlds?
    Will there be more Off-the-Grid objects?
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited May 2020
    I have a question too!

- June 2th is the 10 year birthday of Ambitions. Many simmers felt like Evergreen Harbor reminded them of Twinbrook, and I was specially excited by this sim:
    bd528b67cd467db6c6a13c488b96b765b664e7ef.jpg

He reminds me so much of Skeet Bayles from Twinbrook (Ambitions)s:
    125652697.jpg

Is him a Bayless family member?
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    16. Do candles melt?

Yes they do. You can see that happening in the trailer bit that shows candle making :D

I want to know how pollution affects Sims' needs. Is it that it makes certain needs decrease faster (hygiene, fun) or bad moodlets when they're in a polluted world?
    Same with how it affects gardening.
    16. Do candles melt?

Yes they do. You can see that happening in the trailer bit that shows candle making :D

I want to know how pollution affects Sims' needs. Is it that it makes certain needs decrease faster (hygiene, fun) or bad moodlets when they're in a polluted world?
    Same with how it affects gardening.

I could totally see it make their needs fall... probably also energy, as well as some moodlets...