The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which EP has the worst title?

Comments

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    After reading this forum it should be entitled "Eco No, Ladders Yes". :D
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Get Together
    I will never forget when the name was announced and it didn't receive too well. It sounded weird and it did not show the theme of the pack at all. People still don't get it and it actually became a very underrated pack, because of this, so yeah.. the name must be pretty bad.
    The pack is actually pretty good when it comes to additions in game play. The club system lays a good base for many ideas and its really something to get creative with. i did not like the 'European' aspects of it, cause it did not represent it so well. More western Europe and most likely Germany. A little too stereotype for me and honestly for the rest of it, I don't even remember what this pack was about beside the club system.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,419 Member
    Cats & Dogs
    I don't have any problems with the titles, but I don't really understand why 3 of them have to start with 'get' . A bit more variety for those titles would have been nice.
    The only title which I kind of dislike is cats and dogs because it reminds me this pack is literally just about cats and dogs and not pets in general. But the title fits the pack.
    None of them but the french version of Get Together is probably the worst title : "Living Together" (Perfect for a Wedding pack)

The french titles are :
    1. At Work
    2. Living Together
    3. City Life
    4. Dogs and Cats
    5. Seasons
    6. Hour of Glory
    7. Paradise Islands
    8. In College
    9. Ecology
    Inspired by @LeGardePourpre I translated the Norwegian version of the titles and found "Get to Work" to be the worst both in original English and by translation haha. The title sounds like a chore!

Here are the translations:
    • At work
    • Fun with the gang
    • Life in the city
    • Cats and dogs
    • The four seasons
    • Celebrity factor
    • Life in the tropics
    • Student life
    • Sustainable Life

Thank you both for the translations. The Dutch translations are :
    [*] At work
    [*] experience it together
    [*] City living
    [*] dogs and cats
    [*] seasons
    [*] become famous
    [*] Island living
    [*] student living
    [*] ecological living

Most are very close to the original. No indication of packs starting with 'get' but the latest packs sure like to end on 'living' ('leven' in Dutch) .
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Cats & Dogs
    It just seems so matter of factly: cats and dogs xD

Like calling some of the other just city, 2 universities, 3 jobs or acting career. xD
  • DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    Get Together
    All of the ones with "Get" and Discover University.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited May 2020
    Discover University
    I just don't get Discover University. I'm used to it by now, but it's my least favourite.

I liked to read the translated pack names so here are the Finnish names:
    1. Workday
    2. Group Activity
    3. City Living
    4. Cats and Dogs
    5. Seasons
    6. Towards Fame
    7. Dream Island
    8. University
    9. Eco Living

I'm really struggling to translate Get Together, especially as it has some weird connotations, but went with this rather neutral option. Loving Island Living translation actually :blush:
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Here goes the translation in portuguese:

1) To work
    2) Join the folks
    3) Life in the city
    4) cats and dogs
    5) seasons
    6) Towards fame
    7) Tropical islands
    8) University life
    9) Sustainable life
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited May 2020
    Discover University
    What is it that I am discovering?

Here are the Swedish names:

1. Time to work
    2. Fun together (Like having fun together, but "having" is missing)
    3. City Living
    4. Dogs & Cats (I wonder if our translator likes dogs more...)
    5. Seasons
    6. Celebrity living
    7. Paradise Island
    8. Student living
    9. Eco-living

• elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited May 2020
    Eco Lifestyle
    logion wrote: »
    What is it that I am discovering?

“University” is often shortened to just “U”, so “Discover University” becomes “Discover U”, i.e. discover yourself ;)

qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2020
    City Living
    I guess City Living because it is less about living or it is very guided gameplay. It is like City Decorating pack rather than living. But if I had to pick of all the packs, it would easily be Moschino, My First Pet, Spooky, and Cool Kitchen because they are just feel not properly labeled to what the pack actually offers.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    City Living
    All the titles that does not have Get in them.
    elelunicy wrote: »
    The naming of a lot TS4 EPs has been controversial. What’s in your opinion the worst named TS4 EP?

This A thousand Percent!
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Get Famous
    Get Famous has never sounded great as a title.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    Eco Lifestyle, Eco Living would've made much more sense and fit with the rest of the titles
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Island Living
    telmarina wrote: »

1) To work
    2) Join the folks
    3) Life in the city
    4) cats and dogs
    5) seasons
    6) Towards fame
    7) Tropical islands
    8) University life
    9) Sustainable life

To work! I love that in portuguese it sounds like an order lol
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • EvangelineEvangeline Posts: 59 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    As others have said, Eco Lifestyle should've been called Eco Living. I've slipped up and called it that almost every time!
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    I'm really not bothered by the names but I did kind of like the 'Get' trend.

As others have said, I chose Eco Lifestyle because it just sounds better as Eco Living. I really have to remind myself that it's Lifestyle and not Living. I wouldn't be the least bit bothered if they changed it before release. They probably won't but it just sounds better.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    edited May 2020
    Discover University
    Discover University. Should have been Get To School/College or University Living.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • RipleyrawrRipleyrawr Posts: 273 Member
    Discover University
    Between Get Famous and Discover University, I had to go with the later for all the reasons everyone else has listed.
    iBVfjxN.gif
    Breadquanda is my spirit animal.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2020
    Eco Lifestyle
    Something is just not right🤔
    Oh my gosh you guys eco lifestyle is coming! 😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    Cats & Dogs
    I meant to vote for Discover University as it doesn't make as much sense. Should have just been University, like Seasons.

I guess I'm in the minority for not thinking Eco Lifestyle should have been Eco Living?
    At first I wondered why it wasn't Living, but looking at it every other Living pack is about living in a specific location - City Living, Island Living. Eco Lifestyle isn't like that and so it would be odd to be compared to those. Maybe there would be a better name to be less similar, but Eco Living would confuse that style of pack I think.

It seems like there are the staple packs with simple name (Cats & Dogs, Seasons, University should be here IMO) that have one major feature, 'Get' packs are also the same in that you 'get' one new feature that isn't world dependent - Clubs, Fame and Following Sims to Work - but less major and more side featured. Then the 'Living' packs which focus on playing in a new location. It seems they are trying to be consistent with naming, the only one that seems off is Discover University. Eco Lifestyle could have fit better with the 'Get' packs, but I can't think of any 'Get _' title that would work. I can see Lifestyle being confusing with Living, though if anything it should be further away from that so to be completely different.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Get to Work
    While unintentional, its tone is still rather hostile and accusatory. :D
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Discover University
    telmarina wrote: »

1) To work
    2) Join the folks
    3) Life in the city
    4) cats and dogs
    5) seasons
    6) Towards fame
    7) Tropical islands
    8) University life
    9) Sustainable life

Haha I love “Join the Folks”!

• Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    Eco lifestyle just sounds so weird. I agree it should have been Eco Living, but some even more appropriate titles

-The Sims 4: Gentrification
    -The Sims 4: Hipsters Paradise
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    Get Together
    I chose Get Together because it really says absolutely nothing about the pack itself, and I think that's pretty important when packs are thematic.

But I'll definitely concede that Discover University is just awkward and awful and a clumsy title. I also agree that Eco Lifestyle should have been Eco Living because why be purposefully inconsistent from City Living and Island Living?

Just...all three are very weird marketing decisions.
    #Team Occult
  • LilfireworkSimsLilfireworkSims Posts: 87 Member
    Get Together
    Get Together is extremely underrated as a pack, and I think the name may be some of the reason. This pack is so out of box, and it's hard to think of a name that would fit it best, but I think it was a missed opportunity to come up with a fun name.