Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which EP has the worst title?

The naming of a lot TS4 EPs has been controversial. What’s in your opinion the worst named TS4 EP?
qidpmcvgek8y.png

Which EP has the worst title? 161 votes

Get to Work
7%
alan650111MagicWatermelonKaeChan2089determigwormstache999blur0seillustratedhappinessMicemSimsPotterheadSimTomatplanteOEII1001SERVERFRA 12 votes
Get Together
16%
auroraael14LeGardePourprePlayerSinger2010Isb917elanorbretonjimbbqMoon_WillowDrewRowlandashcrash19MVWdeZTcheesetruckjcp011c2Sigzy05EnkiSchmidtpoliceofficerswifeRDaanStarfreeLiELFTaraIris94FurSimsOfficial 27 votes
City Living
1%
ScobreTS1299 2 votes
Cats & Dogs
9%
YunaJueJueSageRainWillowSxcDannii202sikasika18AlbaWaterhouseSavvySimmiechacceAbraKadabraEfffingtonSimTrippyJemmaTheSimmerEvilyn_1007Atreya33TTNsimmerPlacebo7 16 votes
Seasons
1%
LaniNeptunesuperkyle221 2 votes
Get Famous
11%
sam123SimburianXBanana00CreamXdrake_mccartyChadSims2lexus20ZazazaSimmerTamakiSakura84Louise_G0325HopeyStarrddd994Jordan061102AkilxManicMelodicxLady_BalloraizecsonDaephenerottmeister 18 votes
Island Living
1%
CinebarDominicLaurence 2 votes
Discover University
31%
Akl500PCK213Frn0731Omri147CamkatAlrynnluthienrisingKhrisstyneSim2SporexMyrtheRipleyrawrHarukotyanbixterslovemy4sParmaViolet87AngelEb95ryttu3kInternal_ChaosAinegarapoes 50 votes
Eco Lifestyle
19%
GoldmoldarAnmirlawylmite1986BluelletaydevFlexono1elelunicyBabykittyjadeKniga_SitaraSweetieWright_84OnverserrjssimbizuktagHorrorgirl6FanPhoriacalaprfysimgameLissmelsVivi_WillowTreePeculiarPlumbob 32 votes

Comments

• Options
    moomoo Posts: 81 Member
    I guess my instinct was Get Together because it’s the one people aren’t clear on what the pack is really about, but tbf, I kind of liked the way the first two started with 'Get' and it would’ve been cool if all the EPs continued with that trend of the first two (obviously Get Famous did too, but if they all had that would’ve been cool just for me personally for that satisfaction of them all following that😂)
    Gallery name is 2000_mollymoo💙
  • Options
    rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    Get Famous
    "Get famous" sounds really unnatural to me. Either "Get fame" or "Become famous" sounds better imo. But I'm still not really sold over the titles the Sims 4 packs have gotten xp

They're starting to get better though. "Realm of magic" is by far my favorite title when it comes to the dlc.

But it's pretty obvious they wanted to stick to the "Get X" type of thing we've seen before.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Get to Work
    Tie between get to work and get together.....now I LIKE Get to Work, but not the title.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2020
    If i think about what each one of the packs brings to the game, i think none are bad named. All of them relate to their theme.
    I've heard that Get Together brought a lot of doubt when it came out, but i think it happened because it was a new concept more than because it was a bad name for what it does...
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited May 2020
    Get Together
    None of them but the french version of Get Together is probably the worst title : "Living Together" (Perfect for a Wedding pack)

The french titles are :
    1. At Work
    2. Living Together
    3. City Life
    4. Dogs and Cats
    5. Seasons
    6. Hour of Glory
    7. Paradise Islands
    8. In College
    9. Ecology
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited May 2020
    Discover University
    I always thought the "Discover" in Discover University sounded super awkward. What was wrong with just using "University" like in the Sims 2 & 3? The "Discover" sounds goofy and cheesy.

I did and am still enjoying the pack though!

Edit: I did not realize the Sims 3 University is actually "University Life." Never knew that. Still, Discover sounds weird!
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    Actually, I should put Discover University.The name made no sense.The pack should be call Get Educated .
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Discover University
    Discover University, it's just a weird name.
  • Options
    muzemuze Posts: 108 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    Maybe because I'm not a native English speaker, they all sound fine and pretty straightforward to me. I found Eco Lifestyle a bit weird, maybe since I'm not used to hearing it yet.
  • Options
    illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 263 Member
    Get to Work
    Inspired by @LeGardePourpre I translated the Norwegian version of the titles and found "Get to Work" to be the worst both in original English and by translation haha. The title sounds like a chore!

Here are the translations:
    • At work
    • Fun with the gang
    • Life in the city
    • Cats and dogs
    • The four seasons
    • Celebrity factor
    • Life in the tropics
    • Student life
    • Sustainable Life
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Get to Work
    It never made sense to me. It should of been called Alien & Careers.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Discover University
    Discover University really doesn't roll off the tongue and so many people just refer to it as 'University', should have just gone with that.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    City Living
    They should have continued the Get thing. I like it. Should have been Get Gingerfied or Get Downtown. haha
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    I like all of the currently released expansions with Seasons and Get Together being my two favorites. Sadly, I have to place Eco Lifestyle as my least favorite because the main theme to the expansion really doesn't interest me at all.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    edited May 2020
    Get Together
    In german Get to work is worst. They went with "An die Arbeit!", what translates "To work!", but always sounds like "Get to work you slacker, get a move on and and no talking!" to me.

Get together became "Zeit für Freunde" ("Time for friends"), stressing the party aspect while glossing over hobby clubs, political factions, gang rivalries and basic npc control. It's a bad title in both languages.
  • Options
    xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    Discover University
    It makes no sense.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Island Living
    This one was a hard one. But I have to go with Island Living. It doesn't actually expand much gameplay in other parts of gameplay. As bad as Get Famous was (in my opinion) with only one fame career...when older packs in older games had so, so much more to offer (Just look at Superstar and TS3's ShowTime) IL is still worse than Get Famous. I can't even rate Eco Lifestyle worse than IL because if I think about it, it does have some gameplay that would expand the entire game, such as pollution on or off toggle, and trash to treasures, since I enjoy watching Flea Market Flips where they buy something and turn it into something else. If it has that sort of gameplay in all the 'towns' then it does expand gameplay into other parts of the game as a whole. But Get Famous and Island Living don't really expand anything much. We already had Sims working from home, and IL was in my opinion a glorified stuff pack called an EP, not even a glorified GP, because compare it to the island in TS3, and it's boats and deep sea diving and all that and well, then IL takes the cake for worst EP award.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    Discover University
    just call it university.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Discover University by far. I mean, who came up with this title? All the others are ok.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Discover University
    Meh.
    I was hoping this spin on University was focusing on sims discovering who they are as well
    as the other sims they meet while at Uni.

No extra traits earned and dormies who disappear, never to be seen again, killed all that.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    sinrasinra Posts: 72 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    While I do have beef with Discover University and think it should have followed the simplicity of Seasons and just be called University, Eco Lifestyle just irks me. At the very least it could have joined forces with Island Living and been Eco Living.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited May 2020
    All the titles that does not have Get in them.
    elelunicy wrote: »
    The naming of a lot TS4 EPs has been controversial. What’s in your opinion the worst named TS4 EP?

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Discover University
    It doesn't sound like an Expansion title. However, DU is the best Expansion (after Seasons ofc), so I can overlook it most of the time.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Discover University
    Discover University just doesn't fit in with the rest, there are clear naming conventions - it's either "Get ...", "... Living" or "..."
    DU could have been "Campus Living" or "University" - the options I can think of in the "Get" variant aren't good.
    Unlike DU, I get the reason why Eco Lifestyle is called "Lifestyle" and not "Living", but still, it kind of is a missed opportunity.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr