Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So what's the new Game Pack?

Comments

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    Major first is really a BIG hint. Though I really want to have the Happy Haunt, I doubt that it will be the next GP, but for sure for the next possible GP.

Just wondering, what if, the major first is a pack that consist of wild life? Maybe like a zoo or even safari? ;)

I would love a zoo but after we pet the animals maybe feed them. What else are we going to do??
  • Tay-way654Tay-way654 Posts: 50 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    xamira99 wrote: »
    Major first is really a BIG hint. Though I really want to have the Happy Haunt, I doubt that it will be the next GP, but for sure for the next possible GP.

Just wondering, what if, the major first is a pack that consist of wild life? Maybe like a zoo or even safari? ;)

I would love a zoo but after we pet the animals maybe feed them. What else are we going to do??

I agree with you, although I would love to see exotic animals in the Sims, I don’t think a zoo will actually be as fun as many think. Sure you can look at and take pictures of the animals but after that what? It would probably be extremely Repetitive. Even if we got to create and manage our own zoo I still don’t think I’d really enjoy it, because yeah you get to feed the animals and put them where you want them but after that doesn’t seem fun
  • Satell8iteSatell8ite Posts: 36 Member
    edited May 2020
    Based on the remaining hints on pic that EA released it could be Gnome related. Perhaps a Supernatural pack? My other guess is that it will be something related to Children again because of the girl wearing a Unicorn tshirt.
    SimsBro wrote: »
    It will certainly be a massive ****storm if Farming comes in a GP while Eco Lifestyle is an EP.
    My guess is Farming will come as EP around November, as the 2nd EP for the year usually does. Don't know what the new could be GP but given their ideas of "new" are always something boring compared to content we are STILL lacking I really do not have my hopes up.

I hope not otherwise that will be a huge middle finger to fans considering that it was one of the top requested features and the uproar after the Country Livin leak fiasco.

Don't get your hopes high for a 2nd EP announcement this year though. EA seems to have made it clear that there will be 1 EP and 1GP this year.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    edited May 2020
    Satell8ite wrote: »

Don't get your hopes high for a 2nd EP announcement this year though. EA seems to have made it clear that there will be 1 EP and 1GP this year.

When did they say this?
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Based on the remaining hints on pic that EA released it could be Gnome related. Perhaps a Supernatural pack? My other guess is that it will be something related to Children again because of the girl wearing a Unicorn tshirt.
    It will certainly be a massive ****storm if Farming comes in a GP while Eco Lifestyle is an EP.
    My guess is Farming will come as EP around November, as the 2nd EP for the year usually does. Don't know what the new could be GP but given their ideas of "new" are always something boring compared to content we are STILL lacking I really do not have my hopes up.

I hope not otherwise that will be a huge middle finger to fans considering that it was one of the top requested features and the uproar after the Country Livin leak fiasco.

EA never said that there would only be one EP this year. When the 6 month road map was released we all did the math and it covered until October! I definitely feel we'll be getting our typical November expansion release.
  • ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »

EA never said that there would only be one EP this year. When the 6 month road map was released we all did the math and it covered until October! I definitely feel we'll be getting our typical November expansion release.

I think the november one will depend on how much they can work from home, and how far ahead they were, and how long they will be under restrictions, i think under normal circumstances we would, but i am not sure they can push one out again in november in the current situation, at least a full on expansion... but i hope so... But i fully agree they have not said anything about there only being one this year... they only said 6 months forward...
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    edited May 2020
    But if u look the road map they released before rco lifestyle pack you can now see that it kinda hinted that pack. Theres a guy whit a t shirt that has earth/eco logo and yells at microphone and a guy who has a spider in his arm. It kinda reminds me of eco living now. So there is also a lot of animal prints , cats, vet and a owl from real of magic. Could that hint for something? Idk.

https://www.ea.com/fi-fi/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/amp/news/the-sims-4-2020-plans

I'd be really shock if the GP is another Pack on being Green. The GP is supposed to be something that hasn't been done before in TS4. Prehaps it's Themeparks or a Future Pack or even a Space Pack.

Into the Future was done with TS3 and *Spolier Alert* Sixam was added to Get to Work with the Scientist career being the gateway to get there in TS4 and then the theme park was done with the roaring heights( I know you want a theme park pack; I do too lol). If it truly is a first for the franchise I don't think it's any of those unless they consider living in space and it not being a hidden world as a first.

By that survey maybe they might of already been working on something like a school pack where there is a tiny world they'll add that has a high school and elementary school that kids can go to where you can be the kids while they're at school. These schools could also be boarding schools ( kids were sent to boarding school in TS3, but I don't think you got to be them at boarding school) or they can be private schools as an alternative education destination from the generic schools children go to from their home lots they currently use.

If they're real ambitious they'll add a daycare or preschool for toddlers lot in that world.

My second idea is self-care grooming pack; getting nails done, real facials & add washing face to sink menu, and hair care with the possibility of adding hair physics back to the game like they had in TS2. More emphasis of acne, rashes and getting sick if Sims don't take care of themselves like not bathing for long periods of time.

My third idea is maybe clues from stuff already in the game can help us determine packs that they'll add. You can volunteer and one of the options is to visit nursing homes. Maybe they'll add nursing homes and canes and have a little something for all the generations; so it'll be the generations pack but the world the game pack adds is focused on the elderly.

• GwennogJonesGwennogJones Posts: 79 Member
    NoirStasis wrote: »
    By that survey maybe they might of already been working on something like a school pack where there is a tiny world they'll add that has a high school and elementary school that kids can go to where you can be the kids while they're at school. These schools could also be boarding schools ( kids were sent to boarding school in TS3, but I don't think you got to be them at boarding school) or they can be private schools as an alternative education destination from the generic schools children go to from their home lots they currently use.

If they're real ambitious they'll add a daycare or preschool for toddlers lot in that world.

My second idea is self-care grooming pack; getting nails done, real facials & add washing face to sink menu, and hair care with the possibility of adding hair physics back to the game like they had in TS2. More emphasis of acne, rashes and getting sick if Sims don't take care of themselves like not bathing for long periods of time.

My third idea is maybe clues from stuff already in the game can help us determine packs that they'll add. You can volunteer and one of the options is to visit nursing homes. Maybe they'll add nursing homes and canes and have a little something for all the generations; so it'll be the generations pack but the world the game pack adds is focused on the elderly.

Those are very cool ideas. Would be great to see a pack with something special for each of the life stages, but then that would just be generations I guess. Perhaps the teen or elder focus only like you say, is the thing they haven't done before.

Of these i love the first and the last... i have a mod called slice of life that do all in the 2nd and add much more as well, so i would be mehh over buying that... i learned i love when i get things i dont already find in mods... i know many dont play with those, so that is just for me... but yeah... but the last one i really like with the nursing home and volunteering... that would be so awesome... i would love that part...
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    But if u look the road map they released before rco lifestyle pack you can now see that it kinda hinted that pack. Theres a guy whit a t shirt that has earth/eco logo and yells at microphone and a guy who has a spider in his arm. It kinda reminds me of eco living now. So there is also a lot of animal prints , cats, vet and a owl from real of magic. Could that hint for something? Idk.

https://www.ea.com/fi-fi/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/amp/news/the-sims-4-2020-plans

I'd be really shock if the GP is another Pack on being Green. The GP is supposed to be something that hasn't been done before in TS4. Prehaps it's Themeparks or a Future Pack or even a Space Pack.

Into the Future was done with TS3 and *Spolier Alert* Sixam was added to Get to Work with the Scientist career being the gateway to get there in TS4 and then the theme park was done with the roaring heights( I know you want a theme park pack; I do too lol). If it truly is a first for the franchise I don't think it's any of those unless they consider living in space and it not being a hidden world as a first.

The active boarding school idea is awesome!
  • HopeCrashHopeCrash Posts: 119 Member
    edited May 2020
    I try to associate the Sims on the roadmap to optional themes:
    The CL sims definitely related to Eco Lifestyle, we know that all ready.
    The cats... there are many cats. Maybe it's related to Nifty Knitting? You know - cats and yarns?
    The Owl - maybe something about education? Owls are associated with wisdom and learning.
    And the sim from JA writing, possibly learning something.

As for the toddler and the gnome - I have no idea🤷‍♂️
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Apparently the new game pack is a 'major first'.
    We know 2 of the next releases, so what could the GP be?
    Looking at those futurecube hints again, it is clear what some of them now mean.
    Threads in a wave of darkness = knitting to heavy metal
    Self-organization/one rung at a time = the community aspect of the new EP + ladders

But what on earth does the one about a gnome wielding a frozen rabbit riding atop a llama mean?
    That one doesn't seem to tie into the ones we know about already...unless it refers to some weird sweater pattern for the knitting pack.

The recent survey can't be the one that gives us hints because they have probably developed the pack already, so I can't imagine it's a teen related pack?

Is it time travel? Farming?

What do you think/hope?

It's probably a gnome pack. Harvest fest came to town, the gnomes landed in your kitchen, you merrily offered them some apples because that's all you had in your inventory and, before you know it, they flew into a roaring rage! They're now wielding the frozen bunny you had in your freezer since last year and wreaking havoc around your lot. The gnome riding atop a llama is a trophy for owning all TS3 packs.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/94002117@N04/14601437220

I would totally buy a gnome pack! :D

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    For soem reason, I'm starting to think that the resort/snow mountain could be the one or the Bands/Music career/Showtime one too.

I would be so thrilled if it were bands!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    HopeCrash wrote: »
    I try to associate the Sims on the roadmap to optional themes:
    The CL sims definitely related to Eco Lifestyle, we know that all ready.
    The cats... there are many cats. Maybe it's related to Nifty Knitting? You know - cats and yarns?
    The Owl - maybe something about education? Owls are associated with wisdom and learning.
    And the sim from JA writing, possibly learning something.

As for the toddler and the gnome - I have no idea🤷‍♂️

A school pack would a first, right?
    Karon wrote: »
    For soem reason, I'm starting to think that the resort/snow mountain could be the one or the Bands/Music career/Showtime one too.

I would be so thrilled if it were bands!

how could it be this? when they have already done bands in games before, and showtime in sims before...

The school pack or actually taking your kids into school, i do think would be a first..
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    For the fall Gamepack, it needs to have WEREWOLVES with claws, canine fangs, canine ears & Moonlight Falls.
  • Satell8iteSatell8ite Posts: 36 Member
    edited May 2020
    alan650111 wrote: »

Ok my bad then. I didn't read the news properly. Just saw the roadmap once more and I deserve a huge facepalm on the head for posting that. 6 month road map not a year. Thank you ;) so there's still hope for a Farming EP yay o:)

Going back to the topic again, what if its related to running a daycare for children and pets? There's a Sim taking care of kittens as well on the map.
  • SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    For the fall Gamepack, it needs to have WEREWOLVES with claws, canine fangs, canine ears & Moonlight Falls.

"Major first in the series" doesn't exactly apply to werewolves tho
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Well, I'm always hoping for a werewolves pack, but I doubt they're next (hopefully soon though). I also want a romance pack, but again it seems unlikely as it's not really new. I would love something with animals, especially horses with a horse riding skill and racing events. I think a time travel/historical pack could be fun or perhaps it could be something for the teens at last. I really don't know. I have learned to expect the unexpected with upcoming packs.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I've thought of two more possibilities.

A dude ranch
    - The main feature would be horses and it could come with a small Montana type world. New skills could include horseback riding and rope tricks.
    A renascence fair - Located in a small European town made to look and function like it's set back during the renascence. New skills could include blacksmithing and archery.

I could see both of these being destination worlds.
    I've thought of two more possibilities.

A dude ranch
    - The main feature would be horses and it could come with a small Montana type world. New skills could include horseback riding and rope tricks.
    A renascence fair - Located in a small European town made to look and function like it's set back during the renascence. New skills could include blacksmithing and archery.

I could see both of these being destination worlds.
    I love both of these... even if i have no desire to play sims medival, the second one sounds pretty funny as well... the first i love...
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    These were never in the Sims 4 games.

Sphinx, Hinds, Mutants, Pegasus/Unicorn & Cupid Lifestates.

Dark Ages, Viking Age, Renaissance, Regency & 1940s Timelines.

Alpha Quadrant, Delta Quadrant,
    The 5th Dimension & Capica Worlds.

• TheBoyXPTheBoyXP Posts: 85 Member
    I think/hope the next GP is NOT farming cause this theme deserves to be an EP. Also, it's "major first" so we can write horses off as an option for the next GP. Could be something like bands, superheroes, teen pack (active boarding school) etc. .
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I went to scour through older surveys from the TS4 team and I found nothing that seems like a major first mentioned.

Just to add a little damper on the speculation, the roadmap post says the pack is "a major first for us", which doesn't necessarily mean the whole franchise.

With that said, I wonder if it could be fairies with their own magical world (like in Sims Freeplay) with the scale of plants vs fairies makes them seem tiny. a new lifestate that transforms in size (well, seems to, due to oversized items) when entering the fairy realm?

Another possible idea: cruise ship. A vacation "world" that is a ship where we can add activities and the surrounding scenery changes as days pass.

Or we might get playable boarding schools for children, teens and YA's. NPC roommates are already a thing, adding dorm-like builds for other age groups would work. It could also include daycare/creche and possibly orphanages. (maybe kids taken away by social services would have a place to go)

I do love the idea of the dude ranch and since there's been rumors and hints at horses: maybe a pack that encompasses activities relating to them? Showjumping, vaulting, horse tricks. With barns and stables and rustic country aesthetic.

Not gonna lie, I'm looking at Freeplay for things done there that haven't been in TS4 yet. (it's been around 3 years longer, there's plenty)
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

Alpha Quadrant, Delta Quadrant,
    The 5th Dimension & Capica Worlds.
    what is this?