Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play to change in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack!

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    The meat wall could be good for stories. If you play a serial killer or a cannibal, it would make for great housing decor.

😱
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Meat wall?

I’m guessing it’s synthetic meat, growing on a rack. It looks... unhygienic to say the least.

A farming pack wouldn’t need meat, I suppose. We could just get milk from cows, eggs from chickens. I didn’t think they’d include meat in a farm pack unless it was magically harvested and your animals just got skinnier and you had to fatten them up again, which would be cute.

Synthetic meat is a difficult one. It’s not realistic at this point - it’s insanely expensive to produce, and I don’t think it’s FDA approved yet either. Think of how much work goes into producing it: the lab space (so electricity for powering machines, lights, building materials, construction), sterile procedures, growing proteins ex vivo, chemicals, etc. I have no idea where science is at with lab grown meat - have we created actual muscle, complete with intramuscular fat, iron and vitamins? Or are we also reliant on supplements to go with the muscle proteins? Also, let me tell you as a scientist: the amount of plastic, rubber and glass that we have to single use and incinerate is off the charts! To be sterile we have to use single-use gloves, dishes, pipette tips, bottles... It’s expensive and it’s not any better for the planet than sustainable farming.

Extensive farming with a focus on renewable and sustainable practice is infinitely better than lab grown meat, and likely more nutritionally sound as well.

I just saw that gif....that was very disturbing and disgusting lol How does meat grow like that on a rack? Ew... I tried searching and didn't see anything similar to that....so I'm guessing it's just in the sims?

Couldn't we grow steak and cheese in TS3? Yep it's just the sims, lol.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited May 2020
    The meat wall could be good for stories. If you play a serial killer or a cannibal, it would make for great housing decor.

Ooooh, I like this. Already have the perfect sim. He's a cloned twin of a cop, except he's the 'bad cop' version with a secret prison in his basement. He used to kidnap Bella, but now he traps any sim that he fancies.

He's a vampire, though. So he'll feed the meat to his dog and... guests. Heh.
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member

ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    KathrynnaKathrynna Posts: 9 New Member
    A few features in this pack are nice, ladders are going to be added finally... there's just one thing. I'm STILL waiting for the base game to be finished. Come on EA, this generation of the Sims has been out for SIX years now and the base game isn't even complete yet?! I'm talking about BABIES! I only adopt to have families in the Sims 4, why? Because I don't want to put my Sims through the trama of giving birth to FURITURE! Fix it, and maybe I'll be willing to spend time playing this game again, which I haven't touched in over a year.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member

grinch-smile.gif
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited May 2020
    NoirStasis wrote: »
    The meat wall. I'm gonna need a the gameplay trailer to explain that because it looks wild. From looking at Twitter and all the comments made about it, my guess is that there are new harvestables that you can grow on the vertical wall and they grow "meaty" roots that Sims can eat.

That's probably what it is, they are probably making a sims version of plant-based meat but in the sims it is an actual plant. Just like we have a cowplant.
  • Options
    Mandie997Mandie997 Posts: 155 Member
    I keep reading the title of this thread as "PAY TO CHANGE IN THE SIMS 4." Reminds me of pay to play. Apt description for an EP that requires Laundry Day, City Living's politician's charity organizer branch, Island Living's conversationist components, Tiny Living, base game add-ons like off the grid, and probably more to make ONE theme complete. Or maybe I'm kidding myself, it's probably missing key features like everything else in this game's iteration.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Mandie997 wrote: »
    I keep reading the title of this thread as "PAY TO CHANGE IN THE SIMS 4." Reminds me of pay to play. Apt description for an EP that requires Laundry Day, City Living's politician's charity organizer branch, Island Living's conversationist components, Tiny Living, base game add-ons like off the grid, and probably more to make ONE theme complete. Or maybe I'm kidding myself, it's probably missing key features like everything else in this game's iteration.

What do you mean about the politician branch? I didn't understand that connection.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    Chazzzy wrote: »

What do you mean about the politician branch? I didn't understand that connection.

That career has a game mechanic that lets you influence some things in the world, similarly to the conservationist career. Because it's so down the line, not a lot of people know about it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

That career branch has a game mechanic that lets you influence some things in the world, similarly to the conservationist career. Because it's so down the line, not a lot of people know about it.

I actually liked that aspect of the Conservationist career, so I had no idea it was also in the Politician branch. I'll have to look into it.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020

That career branch has a game mechanic that lets you influence some things in the world, similarly to the conservationist career. Because it's so down the line, not a lot of people know about it.

I actually liked that aspect of the Conservationist career, so I had no idea it was also in the Politician branch. I'll have to look into it.

I think it has something to do with the causes, but not actually sure how it impacts the game, I never followed through with them.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited May 2020
    I will probably wait until the discounts start rolling in, but the more I think about this pack; I like it (as much as I am not really into the whole "green" bandwagon). The trash and pollution will add a bit of realism (to all worlds). Lower bills due to installing solar panels and the like is also realistic. Still though--come on farming pack!

Because of the computer I have, I can only play TS3 basegame, plus Ambitions and Pets. There is more in just those three packs than my TS4; which is all EPs (prior to EL's release), all GPs, and all but 3-4 Stuff Packs; and a mod folder that had to be pruned back, as it was so large, it was slowing things down.
  • Options
    DuskregnDuskregn Posts: 40 Member
    I'm interested in having my sims eat cricket flour and mealworm stir fry or whatever, but the Meat Wall™️ looks... interesting... I do hope that means we can get mëat in the farming pack(s) too, i even have great news for EA's content reusing, oh sorry, content creation, team: the Meat Wall™️ texture works for both beef and mutton, so just reuse that asset and animation for both the Realm of Beef DLC and the Discover Mutton DLC xoxo
  • Options
    MrSpacemanMrSpaceman Posts: 382 Member
    Good to see I'm not the only one who thought about maniacs when I saw the meat wall. Haha. Almost doubted my own sanity. :hushed:
  • Options
    911TruthBear911TruthBear Posts: 626 Member
    This will be released on my 59th birthday... Judging on the majority of responses, it sounds like It won't be much of a birthday gift! :(

But you can't judge it based on someone else's reaction to it. Hopefully after we get more information you'll discover that it'll make a wonderful birthday gift! :)

Well, if nothing else we get some new clothes and some new furniture...But at what price? :|

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member

Great. I will always have it in my head now that our sims are slicing up other sims when they do that meat wall thing. Lol.

I am intrigued to find out exactly what the heck that thing is.
  • Options
    mustanggrannymustanggranny Posts: 31 Member
    I am so looking forward to this EP, I have pre-ordered and am counting the days down till I get it. This looks like so much fun. Like everyone making a difference in life.
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    We asked for it back in like the first community vote pack, now we get it in an expansion pack. I'm here for it. Especially as a tiny home fanatic. Seeing container homes as an option makes me happy.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    This is worse than I could have ever imagined. That trailer was like a child's perception environmentalism. When the trailer first started, it looked like an apocalypse was going down. I get that this is a game so everything needs to be over exaggerated, but my gosh. You would think a meteor wiped out civilization. I could go though every disgusting aspect of that trailer, but there is no point.

The trailer and blog confirmed my worst fears. No farming, no self sufficiency. This whole pack is revolving around 'changing the world' by picking up trash, which I guess is true is sims terms since there areas are called 'worlds' even though they're more like small towns. But this looks like IL 2.0 with a bit of Stranerville thrown in, only instead of trash being relegated to one island, its now this entire place that is automatically covered in trash and your mission is to fix it. Lame.

Yeah, no thanks. My sims have better things to do than live inside of dumpsters and act as the world's garbageman. And again, we just had this with Island Living. We had the tiny homes. We had the off the grid lot trait. Just how much more eco stuff does this game need? :/

They're living in container homes not trash. They have hanging gardens in those city farms. No it's not a farming pack, but it is ecofriendly. And continues the tiny living theme, with crafting added on. Similar to the knitting pack.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I don't know what to say Mai. Awesome trashy dirty industrial (apocalyptic potential) polluted world with all kinds of grimy grime for my sims to squalor in and I just hit the preorder button
    I̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶m̶i̶s̶e̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶d̶i̶r̶t̶y̶ :D

But the more I find out about this pack the more excited I feel! Better than university! 🤗🤗🤗🤗 haven't been this excited since island living which is still one of my favorite packs 😙
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Jhinizzle wrote: »
    I'm excited for Eco Lifestyle but I need the Sims developers to realize that this is NOT what we want. I can already tell that this is gonna be shallow because the sims 4 is REALLY shallow. We want depth especially to relationships and friendships. My sim having friends is more annoying that anything else and I only have them date/fall in love in order to make babies since I like having pregnant sims. We need more depth to pregnant sims too. Pregnant sims only have a few interactions like asking to rub their bellies and asking their due date. They get morning sickness and then they go into labour. There's more to pregnancy than that. I wanna see tense moodlets because they're gonna be first time parents or confident moodlets depending on traits or if it's not their first child. I wanna see cravings or food that make them nauseous. I wanna see pregnancy mood swings. We need depth guys.

This is not what W̶e̶ you want 👀

Sorry I couldn't resist.
    But if makes you feel better I do think those surveys will become a reality. 😁
  • Options
    edited May 2020

Stop stealing my ideas 😂😂😂😂 I was already plotting on that meat wall
  • Options
    muffen202muffen202 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I need your help!! Why is it when redownloading my sim 3 seasons I'm only getting a 19 digit code when it's usually 20?! How can I get the other digit help!!